Sport Chek Employee Reviews

Mediocre First Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON17 October 2017
Actually pretty well sucked. The managers aren't very nice and play favourites with other associates often. Don't recommend working there unless extremely desperate
Awesome job for a student
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB2 October 2017
Great Management. Everyone is fun and relaxed. It is really a team based environment. It's a lot of the same work everyday, but totally worth it. Great hours, great discount. Customers are fun and Loyal.
great place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bolton, ON30 September 2017
great place to work i really learnt a lot here and i think anyone else who works here will definitely learn alot as long as they appy themselves to learning
Relaxed environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC28 September 2017
Learn lots of sales tactics. Learned different ways to approach people and suggest items that would most benefit the customer. People at the store are amazing and lots of fun to work with as well.
Terrible
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 September 2017
Don't waste your time applying here. Management was horrible, pay isn't great, discount was okay but nothing special. The most hostile work environment I've ever worked in, it's all cliques formed by management.
productive work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 September 2017
Sportchek is a high pace location to work in. With the training given you acquire skills that provide you to deal with multiple customers while still giving grade A service.
The greatest place to work !
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB19 September 2017
I loved it ! Especially when I was in high school just two years ago it helped a lot with my sports and discounts on supplies ! Great environment ! Great employees ! And you learn slot of new things!
Pros
Lunch with friends. Get to go anywhere
Cons
Short lunch. But good hours and good pay
Flexible hours & great for part time work
Part-time Footwear Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC17 September 2017
Sportchek is great at providing flexible hours and allowing you to have a good balance of work and life. They also provide a fun atmosphere with multiple team building activities.
Sportchek
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON14 September 2017
Overall customer service is key. We want to make sure that every customer comes in and has the perfect experience. We provide them with the knowledge that is needed for them to leave happy. Management is very goal and employee oriented. A great balance.
Terrible
St. Albert - Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB13 September 2017
The management at the St. Albert location is rude, impatient and ignorant. Not just towards employees, but customers as well. It is a very negative and unprofessional environment to work in.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Terrible people

Want to know more about Sport Chek?

Ask a question
Bowmanville location is a good team of staff.
Atmosphere (Current Employee) –  Bowanville6 September 2017
The Bowmanville location is very flexible with other lifestyle interests such as team sports , school and other careers. A great enthusiastic and positive energy team of co workers.
Pros
Supportive in the learning phase and very flexible in regards to hours.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK5 September 2017
Staff is really fun and energetic. Management is a joke with no possible way to move up in the company. Good part time work not good if its your sole job. Everyone looks out for themselves instead of a team environment.
Pros
Discount
Friendly atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 September 2017
sport chek was my first job and was able to provide me with employment in high school as well as college by allowing me to transfer stores when I moved to Ottawa. Overall Sport Chek has been a great opportunity and has supported me.
Pros
able to transfer stores and friendly atmosphere
Cons
low pay and salary does not increase with minimum wage to keep raises
Great for the discount
Technician & Hard-Goods Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON5 September 2017
I can't say too many great things about SportChek even though I spent over 8 years there. The discount here is amazing. So if you are a sports enthusiast or want to try out a whole bunch of new sports, that's often enough to overlook the large amount of crazy that happens here. Management won't back you up if you have a dispute with a customer, regardless if you're right or not. Your time working will be less than they advertise, and fluctuate like crazy. They are not accommodating to any sort of life you may be trying to live.
Pros
Discount, discount, discount
Cons
pay, management, training, hours, support
Fun workplace, great staff discount, good people
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick3 September 2017
In the three years I worked there, the only part I did not enjoy was the visits by the regional manager. We were not her favourite store and I showed in how the management and staff at this location were treated. But...since that individual in no longer employed by the corporation, I would once again be a great place to work.
Pros
Team Sport Chek
Cons
None that matter
Wonderful hard working staff!
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON1 September 2017
When you walk in right away you are greeted by the smiles and hellos of managers. I learned how to problem solve with people and manage different customer situations. Management is lovely and so great to be around. The workplace is filled with happiness and motivated staff. The hardest part of the job would be (takes a few minutes to think because there is hardly any) managers can be a little bit short and "icy" to new employees, the most enjoyable part is feeling like family and creating new friends.
Pros
Great staff!
Cons
Footwear is horrible with answering pages.
It was ok
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON25 August 2017
It was an ok job. The wouldn't treat you fairly. Give you all the jobs everyone else hated. But that's to be expected as a new employee. I guess that's it.
Overall nice coworkers great environment.
foots (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 August 2017
Great coworkers, I worked in the footwear department and some days would be super busy rush days while other days could be quiet with maybe 4 customers coming in on your shift.
Pros
great people
Cons
not enough hours or high pay
Fun workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC14 August 2017
Typical day at work:
- Staging new product
- Organizing product for positive visualization

Management:
- Fun and relaxed
- Easy going

Workplace Culture:
- Relaxed
Pros
Fun staff
Cons
Mall hours
Good job
Sport chek cashier (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC10 August 2017
It's a straightforward job. I work as a cashier and sometimes the day can go by very slow. There are great discounts however and the people at work are nice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sport Chek. Our community is ready to answer.