Sport Chek Employee Reviews in Canada

Fantastic
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 22, 2016
Sport Chek was extremely flexible with hours and managers actually cared about their employees. Very enjoyable people to work with and an environment that was easy to get used to. Always something to do to keep busy. Managers would take time to teach you so you could improve instead of just being yelled at when you don't know how to do something.
Pros
Flexible, positive environment and great managers.
Cons
Low pay
Work is ok, but was it was Co-Op (job placement)
Stockroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 20, 2016
A typical day would be going to stockroom putting clothes on hangers, relocating merchandise, etc...

What I learned about working at Sport Chek was that some of my co-workers didn't like their job and seemed angry about it.
love discount didnt like work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCJune 16, 2016
i loved the discount it was like constantly buying stuff on sale all for my self. specially shoe discounts sucks that there are limits. didnt like management at all isnt easy going up to them at all without being dissed for anything!!! overall best discount horrible environment not my only experience had 3-4 other co workers quit too!!!
Pros
employee discount
Cons
no shifts, management
Footwear Expert/Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 15, 2016
great all around environment. good people, good work, everything.
learned how to talk to strangers and met new people all the time
Fun workplace
Footwear Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 8, 2016
Fun to work, co-workers are great, learned a lot about customer service. great atmosphere to work in. worked with people who love sport and living an active lifestyle
fun and interactive work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCJune 7, 2016
great part time job for people who are currently enrolled in school. flexible work scheduele. includes providing expert customer service, reaching sales goals, maintaining your department, and setting up weekly sales advertisements.
fun place to work
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Welland, ONJune 6, 2016
I enjoy working at Sport chek because the people there are kind, hard working and willing to train. Management is understanding. I would recommend working there if you can.
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, ABJune 3, 2016
not one of my favorite jobs, I did not like just being a cashier as i had to stand there all day. I would have liked if they switched it up a bit but it was overall an ok job.
Pros
discount
Cons
no hours
Positive work environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  London, ONMay 25, 2016
A typical day at sportchek consists of greeting customers, providing them with information about our products and services, and cashing customers out.

While at the till I am responsible for the cash and ensuring all media balances at the end of the shift.

I also participate in cleaning tasks as well as stocking the store.
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
Too many cashiers hired, not enough hours
fun and lively
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BCMay 24, 2016
A typical day of work would result in me hanging and tagging the close we are putting on the floor. Then trying to shift things around to make the product fit in with the rest of the brand, or similar items. Then in between all that is helping customers find what they are looking for and if I cant then finding something is similar to the product or will fit their needs even better. But what I have learned most in a typical day of work is how to interact batter with people, and how I have done this by the help of my clothing manager. She walks me through the steps and when I'm done helping a customer I usually go back to her tell her and ask what I can approve upon. My co-workers are people I can depended upon when I need to run into the back or need help because I have to many customers I'm trying to help. Which is really the hardest part of the job is trying to juggle so customers at once, but the most enjoyable part is when I find what the customer is looking for. Another enjoyable part would be getting to here the customers stories about where they come from or what they are training for, and why.
Sportchek Hardgoods Associate
Floor Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 21, 2016
Typical Retail Job, the management are generally low quality and turn-over quickly, making the job more difficult,
This job is more suited for students
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Low Quality management
Excellent place to work
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONMay 17, 2016
Great place to work. The pay is in line with any other retail job. They are extremely flexible to life/other jobs, and the best management team I have ever worked for. Highly recommend this job to someone who want to work in retail.
Pros
great discount
Cons
not many full time positions
Productive and amazing work environment.
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMay 14, 2016
The time I spent working here was AMAZING! I started off as a volunteer worker for High School credits and was eventually called back in to join a great staff of team by the store manager as a seasonal staff member.
Productive and fun workplace indeed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 9, 2016
I think this place was fun and exciting. Each work day was filled with surprise and welcoming challenges. The managers here, did their best to positively engage each employee with duties that suit their personalities and interests, as well as drilling product knowledge, in every opportunity. As a result every employee was well educated in the product, enough to be comfortable with every customer when recommending the product. The hard-work of the manager led the store to gain the first position out of all its competitors i the district.
Pros
Excellent work ethic
Cons
Pressure
Productive workplace with a really good discount for employees
Softgoods Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 9, 2016
Help customers get sized up for shoes, open up fitting rooms, give people knowledge about our products and our return/exchange policy.
Learned about shoes and the different types, learned about clothing and the different material each is used for, learned how to properly size for shoes and learning about all the products you have to deal with.
Co-workers make the workplace enjoyable.
Management could be better.
Pros
Company Discount
Cons
Management could be better
Fun work place
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 4, 2016
Great Atmosphere, good people, great team work, lots of knowledge about product. I have learnt a tremendous amount on how to deal with people and customer service issues.
Fun Environment with great co-workers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ONMay 3, 2016
By working at SportChek I have been able to grow with time management, and my social skills and my knowledge in the footwear department. The staff there is more than entertaining and as collective group, we try to provide every costumer with the "Complete Experience"
Fun workplace
Clothing department (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NBApril 30, 2016
Very casual employees with good managers. Every day on the job you learned something new about yourself and others. Everyone was very welcoming and understanding. Nothing about the job was all that hard it was just a matter of learning new skills, I loved being able to work in such a great place.
Pros
Flexible clothing
Safe, friendly, and educational place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONApril 26, 2016
SportChek was an incredibly comfortable and enjoyable place to work. They successfully provided me with the skills and knowledge to be a successful sales associate. My managers were engaging and responsible and my coworkers were supportive and willing to assist me when necessary.
Enjoyable work environment
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCApril 20, 2016
I was working there for work experience during high school and enjoyed working there for the most part. I was there for two terms lasting 2 weeks per term. Great environment to work in with good management and co-workers.
Pros
Great people to work with