Sport Chek

Sport Chek Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive workplace
Labor Worker (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 23, 2015
I hard tagged clothes and sports equipment such as hockey equipment, basketball, soccer, football and etc.. I also shelved and stocked product in all department.I also Stocked Cold drink fridges.
sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 15, 2015
Pros: 50% off and 30 minute break.
Cons: i enjoyed my job.
Going into work helping customers on a day to day bases. I've learned to a nice tidy organized work space and communicate well with customers. My co-workers can be very helpful, the hardest part of my day would be dealing with customers that have questions for a department that I'm not apart of. Finally the most enjoyable part of my day would be able to satisfy as many customers as I can.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONApril 10, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Work Environment
Sportchek provided self growth in the retail industry. I learned new knowledge about up-sell and customer satisfaction.
Clothing
Clothing Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Discount
Cons: Unpaid Lunch, No 15minute break for 5hour shifts. Low pay.
A typical day at work involved walking around the store and ensuring everything was tidy. Co-workers wre easy to get along with.
Wii game system upstairs
CASH MANAGER (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 22, 2015
Pros: caring manager
Cons: long hours
Enjoyed working with the teenagers. The company taught us to help grow future team leaders. Enjoyed the discounts on products as well-a great work perk.
Great environment and lifestyle.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ajax, ONMarch 8, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: managers move around a lot.
A fun job where you get to meet some great customers. Discount is great and really helps promote employees active lifestyles.

Only problem is it's hard to find a manager that will stay for more then 6 months.
Part Time Technician (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONMarch 5, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: no hours
good place to work, poor hours, poor training great current employees comforting place i would say a 7/10 maybe higher if you could get hours
Enjoyable and Fun Working Environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONMarch 4, 2015
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: not many shifts, or short shifts
Working at Sportchek is a fun interactive place to work. You are always meeting new and interesting people, allowing many learning experiences throughout the day. A typical work day as a cashier involves being interactive with customers and trying to give them the best shopping experience. Through retail I have learned the great art of patience and that you cannot let little things get you down. The most enjoyable part of this job would be getting to know all the my wonderful co-workers and being able to meet new people.
amazing place to work, min wage but always opportunity for raise :)
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: friday treat day, staff appreciation day, support, opportunities to advance.
Cons: pay is minimum wage, but if you work hard you will get a raise.
I love my job. Since moving to Edmonton i had found it hard to find friends and school was tough. I got my job at sportchek shortly after I moved and it was the best decision i have ever made. The staff and management is amazing. They will do whatever they can to fit your school schedule and always support you and give you advice when you need it. When i had trouble writing a politics essay, they all chipped in to help me write it and understand what I thought was impossible. You can relate to everyone and even have conversations on where you want to be in life. The management truly cares about your wellbeing and even provide staff appreciation days along with Friday treat days. we look out for each other because we are a team. You learn how to be a leader and also how to work together pitching in, every department to get the tasks done. The discount is amazing and the pay is.. not bad.. but thats not the reason you are there. You are there because you become apart of a family. A family that cares about you and supports you. There is so much room to advance if you work hard and your team will cheer you on 100%. I have learned so much from this great company and can honestly say i have a second family here in edmonton. If i feel overwhelmed or anxious, they are there to comfort and help me get through whatever it is i am going through. If you have the chance to be apart of this amazing team, I can promise you it will be a great experience and you will make friends that will last a lifetime.
Head Cashier
HEAD CASHIER (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: interaction with different people every day
Cons: keeping track of available assistance
I have spent my adult life in customer service in one respect or another. From working with Elections Canada and Election Ontario,
Canada Post, Teleperformance, Sport Chek.

I have managed a Cashier staff of 12 where I scheduled their time and managed the cash office. I learned merchandising and recruiting.

I work hard by myself or as a team. Able to take instructions easily and get the job done. I am dedicated worker and counted on to help in any way that I can.
Got to work with sports equipment all day
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Prince George, BCFebruary 11, 2015
I love golf, and i got to work with golfing equipment all day, so that was awesome. I would help costumers out with whatever questions they had about the sport. A lot of my co-workers were friends of mine from school. Hardest part of the job was not to play with all the golf clubs.
friendly work environment
Part-Time Cashier, Temporary Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee), Owen Sound, ONJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: employee discount, friendly staff, flexible hours
Cons: last minute shift call-ins
A typical day is geared toward excellent customer service and organizing product and stock to keep the store looking great. I've gained experience in customer service, cash management, cashiering, stock inventory, and how a store works and runs to operate as smoothly as possible. The management and co-workers all combine a group effort to complete our daily tasks. The hardest day at work would likely be one where you've had to deal with an irate customer and keep your composure. The most enjoyable part of the job is building a rapport with your customers and helping them get "the complete experience" at sportchek.
Lots of good sport wear and equipment
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 1, 2015
Opened and closed the store, Answered customers' questions and addressed problems and complaints in person and via phone, Educated customers on product and service offerings.
sport chek
Clerk (Former Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 10, 2014
I think sport check is a very organized and a very welcoming place
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCNovember 25, 2014
Everybody works as part of a team and the managers or supervisors do great job of having everybody focused on their task and keep them motivated.
Great culture
Footwear/Hardgoods Sales Associate (Current Employee), Whitby, ONNovember 24, 2014
Sportchek is the most fun and nurturing environment I have ever had the pleasure of working in.
Footwear Sales
Footwear Sales Associate (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONNovember 16, 2014
Pros: fun, good products, easy-going customers, good team
A typical day at work involved selling shoes and creating and managing product displays. I learned how to sell and cold approach customers. Management was good, because they trained us correctly and communicated efficiently. My co-workers were very kind and also created a sense of competition as a team. The hardest part of the job was working for long periods of time alone. The most enjoyable part was selling shoes and getting to know our products.
we sell fun
cash manager. ssc (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONNovember 12, 2014
Pros: competitive, always challenged
Cons: not enough hours
store open, count of floats and start computer system,
paperwork review,organized for head office, check transfers in and out for customers, review layaway, schedule for cashiers, review upcoming sale, print off signage .
Sportchek very upbeat sports orientated staff ,very customer service driven .
Hardest part of job: irate customers, but I am good at finding a solution. satisfying the customer
Easiest part of job : customer service: finding the customer the perfect item on sale
Fun work atmosphere
Footwear Associate (Current Employee), Charlottetown PENovember 10, 2014
Being with the company for so many years, I have experienced the changing phases of Sportchek. One thing has always been constant, it is a fun place to work where we take customer service extremely seriously.
Fun place with great management and staff
Part-time Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee), City Centre, Edmonton, ABNovember 7, 2014
Pros: free yoga, running club, great attitudes, good discount
Cons: no ft if not management
Working for big corporations (as I have done in the past) I have noticed a trend with management (especially upper) - they care only about sales and very little about staff. The only way you can get any sort of acknowledgement is to sell the most product 24/7. Now, I'm not saying that anyone shouldn't try to do their best, but sometimes the best isn't possible: people don't want to try something on, want to buy something, or even want any help. Sometimes it is out of your control. Upper management does not care for your "excuses", though - all they see is sales. They would much rather let you go and hire someone else than give you a chance to improve. Sportchek is not like that. They understand that employees are an essential building block to a company's success, and that you should treat them with respect as such. The management there is all very nice (including the store manager Rob) and they are always willing to work with you & help out whenever you need it. I am never afraid to ask a question whenever I am at work. This company offers a great atmosphere & great people to make a great working environment.

1 2 3 4 5