Sport Chek Employee Reviews

Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 February 2017
I don't love sport chek, the management is not run well and they do not treat their employees very fairly. Not given the expected hours they tell you when you are hired.
fun work enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK6 February 2017
I like working here because i love sports but i just wasnt making enough or getting enough hours. the people were very fun to work with. I love the products we sell. The hardest part was selling snow sports because i do not know a whole lot about that. The best part was selling hockey because i could talk about the sport i love all day long
Pros
the discount was amazing for employees
Cons
not enough hours
Very fun and upbeat workplace had a great time working for them.
Clothing sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 February 2017
On a daily basis i would clean the store (mop, swiffer, fold and re-hang clothing) I learned how to read people better from giving customers the complete experience, knowing when they needed or wanted help by reading their body language. The work place had a great vibe to it everyone was always up beat and energized had a great feel to be there. Hardest part of the job was mopping just the most labour intensive overall everything else was great. Best part of the job was by far the entertainment that our managers set up for us to improve our day to day lives like playing a quick frisbee competition usually ending with the winner getting a drink of their choice from the cooler paid for by the manager on duty and the 2 losers cleaning the washrooms, made it a fun way to divide up the chores that had to be done also we would have little competitions between sections of the store so one side of clothing would vs the other to see who could clean their sections (usually mens vs women's) the best and quickest just to motivate us at the end of a long day. Management was fun and all around a group of great people they really cared for their coworkers and their jobs which improved the overall feel of the workplace ten fold.
Pros
entertaining work play, ie: competitions to see who cleans washrooms, hide n' go seek after hrs for fun, etc.
Cons
long hrs, especially during christmas constantly working 1-2 hrs longer than expected
I loved working there!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 February 2017
Amazing co workers great management good training good pay good hours benifits amazing discount honestly loved working there hated I had to leave for personal reasons
Pros
Good hours, not over worked
Cons
Training process isn't the best but what training is?
Good work life balance
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario31 January 2017
Not a lot of room to move up in the company as it is not growing very fast. Not a very competitive salary with other box retailers in Canada. The company does however encourage an outside life and is flexible to its employees outside of management.
not bad
Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 January 2017
Most of the team are understanding of family matters. Can at times be a fast paced environment. The team does have some good members!
Pros
discount
Cons
manager
Fun, I enjoy my responsibilities and the people I work with
Pt/Clothing (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON29 January 2017
A typical day at work involves me first emptying and putting away all the clothing on the rollbacks, keeping the fitting room clean, and helping customers find what they are looking for. Answering phone calls directed to my department are also involved. The people I work with are fun and very kind and the managers are understanding, respectful and also very kind. I wouldn't say there is anything too difficult about the job - it's actually very straightforward. I do though enjoy helping customers the most and being able to help them find exactly what they're looking for.
Enjoyable workspace with sub-par management
Footwear Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON26 January 2017
Work load and overall job life was a fantastic balance between completing tasks and maintaining freedom. Management was sub-par and showed little to no respect towards part-time staff.
Pros
Great enviroment
Cons
Poor managent
Different, Enjoyable.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 January 2017
I learned a lot working at Logit Group. The coworkers and supervisors were very nice. I looked forward to working there every day.
Pros
Friendly coworkers and boss.
Cons
Difficult time slots
Great place to work for a part time job!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB23 January 2017
I've worked here over a year now and it has been fun the whole time! Management is very flexible with hours and very easy to get along with. Great first job or part time job!
Productive and fun Environment!
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 January 2017
This was an awesome place to work for my very first job. I thought everyone was extremely helpful and nice. It did take me a while to get adjusted to what the work life was like but everyone just wanted to help me learn and grow. Awesome awesome place!
Great Workplace, Fun, Friendly People.
Footwear Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 January 2017
SportChek overall is a great place to work, everyone is involved or interested in at least one sport so there is always something to talk about. Customers come into the store often unsure of what they are truly looking for, but once you are able to provide them with the information they need, even if they leave and don't purchase anything at that moment they will always leave more than satisfied with the service. More often than not at a later date the same customer you helped will come back only this time with their families, looking for information and to be set up with everything they need for their activity of choice. Nothing is more satifying.
The hardest part of the job would be maintaining stock on busy days such as boxing day. Putting away stock becomes a task that seems almost impossible with the amount of stock that is in demand on the floor.
Pros
Monday To Friday, Weekends Off
Cons
Often overstaffed resulting in no work to do
Productive and Fun open community
Clothing Associate (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB12 January 2017
Benefits and discounts are amazing.
The atmosphere is great everyone is so friendly.
Very flexible with hours, work as a team or solo in your department. Work with incredible people who are so talented
Pros
Friendly faces everyday, discounts, fun environment
Cons
NA
Fun workplace
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2017
A cashiers typical day at work include:

Customer Service
Handle money
Answer phones
Close the store
Count Tills
File paperwork

Great workplace, professional and fair company
productive and fun place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 January 2017
Overall very good. As a cashiers job was pretty simple, not too complicated, and managers are very nice. Hardest part of the job , hard costomers.
Pros
good discount
Cons
can only spend $2000 on discounted items for part timers
Fun place with lots of sports and many of my teammates were there
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 January 2017
Typical days were fun and up tempo fun out going having my teammates there made the job fun and speaking with managers and customers all into sports made the shifts all the better
Pros
50% off discount
Cons
Shifts weren't always flexible
productive work environment to work in specially work oriented.
Bike and Ice skate Technician (Current Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK1 January 2017
Pleasant work environment... have fun doing your job if employee is sports oriented. but if employee is willing to learn about the benefits of sports its a goo place to work in.
Pros
near residence
Friendly environment involved in the community
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC30 December 2016
A very sociable work place, where interaction with customer's are key. Breaking down the needs of each individual customer, through conversation was always key. Giving examples of my own experience with any sport/activity, or even anecdotes of people with relevant examples.
Through conversations with customers, I've been able to learn from them as well. About innovations and communities revolving around the activity. Everyday things are constantly changing and advancing, so one has to keep up to date.
Pros
Discount on products and sporting events
Cons
Schedule conflicts for after hour events
Productive and stable work enviornment
full time sales associate (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB21 December 2016
Stable work environment with poor management. Bosses could never have a schedule out on time and when they di hours were missing.
Fun and exciting workplace
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON8 December 2016
- thrilling but busy
- how to be more open and sociable
- welcoming
- very funny and kind
- walking around for 8 hour's
- socializing with customers
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
very few breaks