Sport Chek

Sport Chek Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great people to work with, mostly
Manager of Footwear Dept (Current Employee), VancouverMay 25, 2015
Pros: great Discounts
Cons: very low pay for all the work i do
Organizing staff/duties
setting up for following ads

most enjoyable part of the job working and chatting with great customers and knowing you helped with their transition.
Love it!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Newmarket, ONMay 11, 2015
Pros: Discount, good hours, flexible schedule.
I have been working at Sport Chek for a few months now and I love it. Management is amazing, they will do whatever it takes to help you. The training is long but teaches you everything you will need to know and more.
Awesome sport store
Sales Associate in Footwear (Former Employee), TimminsMay 9, 2015
Pros: great discount, great staff
Cons: no hours, lots of paperwork
Great workplace, very quiet, great staff and loved the discount, it was fun to work with awesome people getting to know the knowledge of shoes and different types.
Very friendly place
Footwear Associate (Current Employee), Orillia, ONMay 6, 2015
Working at sportchek is a great experience. Not only am i learning new things everyday but it helps the way i help customers. My job isn't very labour intensive unless it gets real busy. Most downtime is spent cleaning and organizing. There isn't one person who works there that i don't like or don't get along with. The hardest part is definitely when I'm the only person working and there's tons of people in my department, although people from other departments always help out.
Good atmosphere, very positive
Hard goods Sales Associate (Current Employee), OntarioApril 25, 2015
Great job people wise, Love the environment. Management is good, fairly strict though.

Very hard to get hours there.
longest shifts given for me are 5 hours with no break.
Productive workplace
Labor Worker (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 23, 2015
I hard tagged clothes and sports equipment such as hockey equipment, basketball, soccer, football and etc.. I also shelved and stocked product in all department.I also Stocked Cold drink fridges.
sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 15, 2015
Pros: 50% off and 30 minute break.
Cons: i enjoyed my job.
Going into work helping customers on a day to day bases. I've learned to a nice tidy organized work space and communicate well with customers. My co-workers can be very helpful, the hardest part of my day would be dealing with customers that have questions for a department that I'm not apart of. Finally the most enjoyable part of my day would be able to satisfy as many customers as I can.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONApril 10, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Work Environment
Sportchek provided self growth in the retail industry. I learned new knowledge about up-sell and customer satisfaction.
Clothing
Clothing Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Discount
Cons: Unpaid Lunch, No 15minute break for 5hour shifts. Low pay.
A typical day at work involved walking around the store and ensuring everything was tidy. Co-workers wre easy to get along with.
Wii game system upstairs
CASH MANAGER (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 22, 2015
Pros: caring manager
Cons: long hours
Enjoyed working with the teenagers. The company taught us to help grow future team leaders. Enjoyed the discounts on products as well-a great work perk.
Great environment and lifestyle.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ajax, ONMarch 8, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: managers move around a lot.
A fun job where you get to meet some great customers. Discount is great and really helps promote employees active lifestyles.

Only problem is it's hard to find a manager that will stay for more then 6 months.
Part Time Technician (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONMarch 5, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: no hours
good place to work, poor hours, poor training great current employees comforting place i would say a 7/10 maybe higher if you could get hours
Enjoyable and Fun Working Environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONMarch 4, 2015
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: not many shifts, or short shifts
Working at Sportchek is a fun interactive place to work. You are always meeting new and interesting people, allowing many learning experiences throughout the day. A typical work day as a cashier involves being interactive with customers and trying to give them the best shopping experience. Through retail I have learned the great art of patience and that you cannot let little things get you down. The most enjoyable part of this job would be getting to know all the my wonderful co-workers and being able to meet new people.
amazing place to work, min wage but always opportunity for raise :)
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: friday treat day, staff appreciation day, support, opportunities to advance.
Cons: pay is minimum wage, but if you work hard you will get a raise.
I love my job. Since moving to Edmonton i had found it hard to find friends and school was tough. I got my job at sportchek shortly after I moved and it was the best decision i have ever made. The staff and management is amazing. They will do whatever they can to fit your school schedule and always support you and give you advice when you need it. When i had trouble writing a politics essay, they all chipped in to help me write it and understand what I thought was impossible. You can relate to everyone and even have conversations on where you want to be in life. The management truly cares about your wellbeing and even provide staff appreciation days along with Friday treat days. we look out for each other because we are a team. You learn how to be a leader and also how to work together pitching in, every department to get the tasks done. The discount is amazing and the pay is.. not bad.. but thats not the reason you are there. You are there because you become apart of a family. A family that cares about you and supports you. There is so much room to advance if you work hard and your team will cheer you on 100%. I have learned so much from this great company and can honestly say i have a second family here in edmonton. If i feel overwhelmed or anxious, they are there to comfort and help me get through whatever it is i am going through. If you have the chance to be apart of this amazing team, I can promise you it will be a great experience and you will make friends that will last a lifetime.
Head Cashier
HEAD CASHIER (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: interaction with different people every day
Cons: keeping track of available assistance
I have spent my adult life in customer service in one respect or another. From working with Elections Canada and Election Ontario,
Canada Post, Teleperformance, Sport Chek.

I have managed a Cashier staff of 12 where I scheduled their time and managed the cash office. I learned merchandising and recruiting.

I work hard by myself or as a team. Able to take instructions easily and get the job done. I am dedicated worker and counted on to help in any way that I can.
Got to work with sports equipment all day
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Prince George, BCFebruary 11, 2015
I love golf, and i got to work with golfing equipment all day, so that was awesome. I would help costumers out with whatever questions they had about the sport. A lot of my co-workers were friends of mine from school. Hardest part of the job was not to play with all the golf clubs.
friendly work environment
Part-Time Cashier, Temporary Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee), Owen Sound, ONJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: employee discount, friendly staff, flexible hours
Cons: last minute shift call-ins
A typical day is geared toward excellent customer service and organizing product and stock to keep the store looking great. I've gained experience in customer service, cash management, cashiering, stock inventory, and how a store works and runs to operate as smoothly as possible. The management and co-workers all combine a group effort to complete our daily tasks. The hardest day at work would likely be one where you've had to deal with an irate customer and keep your composure. The most enjoyable part of the job is building a rapport with your customers and helping them get "the complete experience" at sportchek.
Lots of good sport wear and equipment
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 1, 2015
Opened and closed the store, Answered customers' questions and addressed problems and complaints in person and via phone, Educated customers on product and service offerings.
sport chek
Clerk (Former Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 10, 2014
I think sport check is a very organized and a very welcoming place
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCNovember 25, 2014
Everybody works as part of a team and the managers or supervisors do great job of having everybody focused on their task and keep them motivated.

1 2 3 4 5