Inspiring Canadians to live active healthy lives. The inspiration begins with you.
At Sport Chek, we love sharing our passion for a healthy, active lifestyle, and encourage others to bring their best by being leaders in our surrounding communities. As part of our team, you’ll join a wide network of like-minded colleagues, customers, and teams, and provide the best solutions for our customers by drawing on your first-hand expertise and experiences.
SERVICE SHOP TECHNICIAN
As a Service Shop Technician, you’re just as good with people as you are with your hands. After all, it’s your job to interact with customers, assess their needs, and then setup, repair, and maintain their sporting equipment. In helping athletes get back to living “The Power of Sport”, all safety measures will be taken to ensure their equipment is serviced to the manufacturer’s specifications.
Candidates must have open availability during the week days to be considered for this opportunity.
As a SportChek Service Technician, you have knowledge and expertise in the following areas:
- Bike servicing
- Custom ski boot fitting
- In-line skate servicing
- Racquet stringing
- Skate sharpening
- Ski & snowboard mounting, waxing and tuning
What you’ll do.
- Deal with customers in a friendly and professional manner
- Fill out proper documentation for receiving, servicing, and returning customers’ products
- Apply product knowledge in order to recommend the right service for customers’ needs
- Carry out service and repairs in a professional and timely fashion
- Maintain a clean and organized service area.
What you’ll get.
- Competitive salary
- Discounts on all the latest gear
- A fun, fast paced environment
- Hands-on training
What you bring.
- High School education
- Certification in sports equipment service an asset
- Previous experience working in a service shop is an asset
- Knowledge of sporting equipment is essential; participation in sports an asset
- Reliability – you’re always on time and always ready to do your part
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
At Sport Chek, we pride ourselves on having our jobs be an extension of our lifestyle, with a flexible schedule of work and play. Sport Chek is Canada’s only national big box sporting goods retailers, with over 130 stores from coast to coast.
Ready to join our team and inspire others to live active healthy lives? Apply today! http://sportchekjobs.com/jobs/750574-part-time-service-shop-technician-general-sport-chek-cambridge-centre
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.