We are seeking a qualified Early Childhood Educator to join our vibrant and passionate team in September. The ECE will provide a quality caring and supportive childcare program that addresses the unique child care needs of the community, and meets all regulatory standards. The position is responsible for developing programming and guiding other staff in the Salmon Program (30 months to school age) to service delivery excellence. The ECE is expected to operate within the Child Care Practitioner Occupational Standards and Code of Ethics as defined by the Canadian Child Care Federation. This position reports to the Executive Director and to the Board of Directors.
Qualifications and requirements for employment:
1. A Diploma or Certificate in Early Childhood Education from a recognized post-secondary institution
2. A Licence to Practice certificate in Early Childhood Education issued by the B.C. Early Childhood Education Registry
3. A criminal record check
4. Character references
5. A record of work history
6. Copies of any diplomas, certificates or other evidence of training and skills
7. A statement signed by a medical practitioner indicating that the employee is physically and psychologically capable of working with children and carrying out assigned duties in a community care facility
8. Evidence that the employee has complied with the Province’s immunization and tuberculosis control programs
9. An understanding of the unique cultural and societal issues that affect children and their families
10. Excellent interpersonal skills
About our organization:
The Splatsin Tsm7aksaltn (Splatsin Teaching Centre) Society is a non-profit organization with a mandate for creating and delivering programs that nurture, educated, and inspire the members of Splats'in and its guests. Our objectives include building a strong educational foundation, delivering programs that build pride, resiliency, and promote healthy living in youth, and revitalizing the unique language and culture of the Splats'in First Nation.
For more information about this position, please call 250-838-6404, Ext. 221.