(This position is in Montreal)
The Associate Director of Production will act as key support to the Director of Production. The Associate Director will assist in contributing to the management of an efficient and highly creative environment. The Associate Director must be highly organized, methodical and able to direct the staff in prioritizing a multitude of tasks under the pressure of tight deadlines; including coordinating all elements of the project, shoot planning and budgeting. The Associate Director must be skilled in creating and maintaining organizational workflow efficiencies and setting the tone for how to manage multiple, often overlapping deadlines.
The Associate Director will continuously seek new ways to create efficiencies within production, and work with key players to streamline the interaction between the studios, various departments and brands. This role will act as the overall integral support to the Director of Production. The ideal candidate should have a strong marketing/digital marketing mindset and be motivated by creating visual content for client omni-channel needs. A strong working knowledge of the Montreal/Toronto photo and video market a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the efficiency and organization of the production team and workflow while maintaining quality of product line & premium photography
- Must be able to assess the urgency of client requests and make informed decisions that support client’s needs and objectives while maintaining proper balance with studio schedules and workflows
- Assist in overseeing studio calendar bookings, maximizing occupancy by understanding client’s needs, timelines and end use for content
- Collaborate with the in-house Art Director to assign appropriate creative talent (i.e. photographers, stylists, etc.) and assist with scheduling for all staff & freelance talent for both product line &
- Actively take part in creative discussions to help guide and provide creative solutions for execution that are budget conscious.
- Must be able to comprehend and negotiate rates with agencies, outside vendors and talent
- Oversee and assist with production’s budget; including the billing process and deadlines for both employees and freelance talent
- Partner with studio manager to maintain a high standard of operating efficiencies, streamlined workflows, equipment needs, budgets, talent pool and freelance talent negotiations.
- Assist in the leading, coaching and mentoring of a diverse staff
- Must be able to work collaboratively with all clients, departments and senior management to effectively assist in the management of requests across departments
- Ensure that art directors, stylists, photographers and retouchers adhere to style guides, capture and photography workflows, and ensure deadlines are met
- Assist with the review of workflow, team dynamic and adjust to business needs as necessary to push for ever-greater efficiencies
- Assist in the development of an appropriate talent resource structure to support the organization for immediate needs, with an eye on the long term
- Assist in the identifying, recruiting and training of the talent and staff required to maintain this structure
- Cross-train to support various roles as assigned
- Be open to reasonable travel as needed
- Act as a team leader, utilizing and enforcing the Splashlight Principles
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Photography or Marketing/Advertising or work-experience equivalent
- Self-motivated, highly-organized, goal-oriented team player with commitment to outstanding customer service
- 5 years of retail, eCommerce or commercial photography experience, including 2+ years’ experience in managing a photo & production team, scheduling resources appropriate to job requirements and volume
- Comfortable operating in a constantly evolving environment characterized by fast and changing deadlines
- Experience in planning and executing photo & video shoots, including directing photographers
- Experience in working closely and collaboratively with production teams
- Strong understanding of lighting and photography, both technically and creatively
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, FTP software and C1 Pro
- Possesses an inspiring work ethic with the ability to drive teams to an extreme level of quality and performance
- Strong collaborative skills with the ability to work with a diverse group or people
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Flexible and able to work with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Enthusiastic, positive energy and able to work well under pressure
- Detail-oriented team player
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken (French, a plus)
Splashlight offers industry-leading technology and talent - whether you're a photographer on location, an ad agency shooting international...