We are seeking an experienced Journeyman Carpenter to successfully deliver design-build and conventional construction commercial, institutional, multi-unit residential and/or industrial projects.
With their construction experience, versatile technical expertise, and a responsive approach; the Journeyman Carpenter will help the clients achieve their goals and vision. The Journeyman Carpenter will be responsible for the success of each project through quality of work, safe work practices, communication, efficient time management and resource management. As a ticketed professional within the company, the successful candidate will assume a leadership and mentoring role by providing guidance to site workers and support to Site Supervisors and Project Managers.
Education and Experience:
1. Grade 12 education or equivalent.
2. Journeyman Carpenter certificate, Red Seal preferred.
3. Must possess a valid Province of Manitoba Class 5 Driver’s License. Class 3 license considered an asset.
4. Experience in Commercial, ICI, Ag and/or Residential building construction with knowledge of various construction techniques and materials.
5. Experience with layouts, framing and concrete work.
6. Knowledge of construction trades, practices, procedures, techniques, tools and equipment.
7. Proficient at reading blueprints.
8. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
9. Ability to work well under pressure.
10. Ability to maintain strong co-worker and client relationships.
11. Must be familiar with and practice safe work methods, including safe lifting and handling procedures.
12. Thorough knowledge in the safe use of power, hand tools and equipment.
13. Demonstrated ability to understand and execute oral and written communications and work with minimal supervision.
14. Demonstrated ability to deal satisfactorily with the general public and other staff.
15. Must be physically and mentally fit for the job function. The position requires work in all weather conditions, indoors and outdoors, at heights and in confined spaces.
My client is a CORTM Certified General Contractor serving Manitoba and Western Canada for over 15 years. The team is committed to providing innovative and cost effective design and construction solutions for their clients. As General Contractors, they bring extensive project management experience, versatile technical expertise, and a responsive approach to help their clients achieve their goals and vision.
My client’s integrated design and construction approach supports cost effective life cycle solutions, and considers the requirements of all stakeholders involved in every project.
They incorporate both conventional and innovative materials in their projects in response to the needs of their clients. They specialize in Commercial, Industrial and Agricultural Building Design and Construction services, and are certified builders of the Robertson Building System®, Nuform Building System®, and Octaform Concrete Forming System®. It is their Mission to deliver the highest quality design and construction services at fair and competitive prices.
My client’s employees are their greatest asset. They strive to create an environment of trust, innovation, responsibility and teamwork. It is important that they provide a great work environment and treat each other with respect and dignity. My client’s employees are encouraged to develop their professional skills and are provided opportunity for growth within the organization. Below are some of the employment benefits of the Journeyman Carpenter position:
- Opportunity for advancement
- Work/life balance
- Competitive Salary and comprehensive benefits package
- Professional development opportunities
If you are interested in joining this progressive team, please forward your resume for consideration. We thank all those who apply; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.