Spirit Halloween Super Store Employee Reviews

Fun and organized workplace
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS18 December 2017
This place is amazing and the staff are great.I have learnt many skills such as communicators, well-organized and multi taker as sales associate. I would apply again for the next year.
Sales / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2017
Management was absolutely lovely and the working environment was stellar. The retail experience I gained here was sublime and it couldn't have been in a more compelling position. 10/10 would work again.
Extremely fun place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pape and Danforth5 December 2017
I love the spirit of Halloween, and if there's anything I can do to help continue to help bring the joy that children have during the Holiday, I will. I was able to not only learn new things being working in retail for the first time and working with stocking store items, but I quickly adapted and did not want the seasonal position to end. I hope that I can work there next year, as soon as the month starts.
Pros
Employee discount, end of holiday discount, fair priced items, wonderful staff
Cons
slow days
awesome play to work have fun with workers
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL4 December 2017
Its an awesome and fun place to work have fun great work enviroment
free to roam around do your work talk with costumers have fun and carry on aslong as you get your work done
awful
Set up and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON1 December 2017
I worked here and they screwed me over, staff gets no deals or benefits. Boss would over work you and they only offered me 10$ an hour, Awful. Do not work here
Cons
everything
fun filled place to work
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON21 November 2017
Spirit is a fun work environment that allows people who love Halloween to enjoy work. It is easy retail, but can be stressful. being organized is a good quality to have.
Awesome place to work with lots of positive energy
Sign Twirling (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON19 November 2017
I enjoyed going to work, The owner was very understanding of my school schedule and made sure that my education came first. It was a lot of run getting to dress up in various costumes and help advertise the business.
Pros
Costume variety, Good job experience, Good environment
Cons
Standing outside in bad weather, standing for extended periods of time
Awesome place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON24 October 2017
As a temporary pop-up store, this place was so much fun to work at. I started as a cashier, moved to key-holder, then Assistant Manager. We helped customers create the perfect Halloween.
Pros
fun, fast paced
Cons
only temporary
Love working here
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC15 October 2017
I've loved working here for the few seasons I have. Always awesome staff and an awesome environment. Highly recommend. I just wish it wasn't seasonal!
learning about retail business.
Assistant shop manager (Former Employee) –  MontrĂ©al, QC6 October 2017
Learning & dealing with merchandise from point A to point z . Receiving , sorting , converting prices to Canadian dollar & finally the display . Marketing & adopting sales techniques to achieve highest targets since halloween is a seasonal type of business .
Great work enviorment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON4 October 2017
They were always fair to their employee's. They were one of the best Temp jobs i have ever worked for they always were family friendly and always understood if your kids where sick and you were not gonna make it in
Wish it wasn't bad
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 September 2017
I wish management was better. I wasn't hired by Spirit Halloween, I was hired by a third party company that manages the seasonal stores. I was yelled at for coming in on a day off the first day the store openned, and while being yelled at, he got even more upset because it made me late for my shift, and he still blamed it on me... I didn't finish the season, and sadly I cant go back in this season.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, management
Good team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 September 2017
Sometimes the days were long. Management was great very nice and can be very reasonable. Learned to time management and how to work under pressure. Hardest part of the job knowing where everything is in the store the first couple of day. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people and the nice energy.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
On your feet lots
Professional fun working environment. Very understanding.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 September 2017
I thuroughly enjoyed working for this company, the staff were fun to work with and professional.
The management was very u derstanding if I had personal matters come about.
Pros
Fun work evitoment
Cons
Low paying wage
Not a healthy invironment to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria bc20 August 2017
Management gives you no training at all, but expects you to be able to read there minds. She yells at staff constantly. Expects them to work 8 hours without talking at all during set up. Once store is open, they make you follow people constantly, so customers get upset that they are being followed around. Very stressful place to work. Many of the staff have went home crying or quit after a few shifts. Spirit Halloween is hurting their reputation in Victoria, by having this couple manage the store. Do not recommend at all.
Pros
If you like being yelled at, then this is the place for you.
Cons
Very stressful place to work, no family time
Miserable environment with unreasonable expectations, terrible training and poor management.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  British Columbia13 August 2017
Manager treats the employees like they are incompetent even with years of retail experience. Extremely high expectation to know every item in the store within the first hour on shift, inconsistent training with each person over emphasising different things causing confusion, other employees looked completely miserable.
Pros
Cons
entire atmosphere
Fun place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB9 August 2017
The staff are amazing, its a great little job to do just for the season. I personally would recommend this job to anyone thats interested in applying.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
Long hours on your feet
Great work place !
/Cashier/Stocking Inventory/Change Rooms (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC7 July 2017
Working here was a great experience for myself, I had a lot of fun and learned a lot of retail. I met many awesome people that helped me with my work and taught me many skills.
Pros
Great people
fun part time job
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC7 July 2017
very fun, kind of crazy sometimes but you get to dress up every day, most people are great and are there to have a good time. plus great store discount!
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AB5 July 2017
Such a fun work experience. I love Halloween and this was a perfect opportunity and job for me to be able to enjoy my love for Halloween as well as be able to assist those who came into the store.