Spirit Halloween Super Store Employee Reviews

Awesome place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON24 October 2017
As a temporary pop-up store, this place was so much fun to work at. I started as a cashier, moved to key-holder, then Assistant Manager. We helped customers create the perfect Halloween.
Pros
fun, fast paced
Cons
only temporary
Love working here
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC15 October 2017
I've loved working here for the few seasons I have. Always awesome staff and an awesome environment. Highly recommend. I just wish it wasn't seasonal!
learning about retail business.
Assistant shop manager (Former Employee) –  MontrĂ©al, QC6 October 2017
Learning & dealing with merchandise from point A to point z . Receiving , sorting , converting prices to Canadian dollar & finally the display . Marketing & adopting sales techniques to achieve highest targets since halloween is a seasonal type of business .
Great work enviorment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON4 October 2017
They were always fair to their employee's. They were one of the best Temp jobs i have ever worked for they always were family friendly and always understood if your kids where sick and you were not gonna make it in
Wish it wasn't bad
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 September 2017
I wish management was better. I wasn't hired by Spirit Halloween, I was hired by a third party company that manages the seasonal stores. I was yelled at for coming in on a day off the first day the store openned, and while being yelled at, he got even more upset because it made me late for my shift, and he still blamed it on me... I didn't finish the season, and sadly I cant go back in this season.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, management
Good team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 September 2017
Sometimes the days were long. Management was great very nice and can be very reasonable. Learned to time management and how to work under pressure. Hardest part of the job knowing where everything is in the store the first couple of day. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people and the nice energy.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
On your feet lots
Professional fun working environment. Very understanding.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 September 2017
I thuroughly enjoyed working for this company, the staff were fun to work with and professional.
The management was very u derstanding if I had personal matters come about.
Pros
Fun work evitoment
Cons
Low paying wage
Not a healthy invironment to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria bc20 August 2017
Management gives you no training at all, but expects you to be able to read there minds. She yells at staff constantly. Expects them to work 8 hours without talking at all during set up. Once store is open, they make you follow people constantly, so customers get upset that they are being followed around. Very stressful place to work. Many of the staff have went home crying or quit after a few shifts. Spirit Halloween is hurting their reputation in Victoria, by having this couple manage the store. Do not recommend at all.
Pros
If you like being yelled at, then this is the place for you.
Cons
Very stressful place to work, no family time
Miserable environment with unreasonable expectations, terrible training and poor management.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  British Columbia13 August 2017
Manager treats the employees like they are incompetent even with years of retail experience. Extremely high expectation to know every item in the store within the first hour on shift, inconsistent training with each person over emphasising different things causing confusion, other employees looked completely miserable.
Pros
Cons
entire atmosphere
Fun place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB9 August 2017
The staff are amazing, its a great little job to do just for the season. I personally would recommend this job to anyone thats interested in applying.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
Long hours on your feet
Great work place !
/Cashier/Stocking Inventory/Change Rooms (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC7 July 2017
Working here was a great experience for myself, I had a lot of fun and learned a lot of retail. I met many awesome people that helped me with my work and taught me many skills.
Pros
Great people
fun part time job
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC7 July 2017
very fun, kind of crazy sometimes but you get to dress up every day, most people are great and are there to have a good time. plus great store discount!
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AB5 July 2017
Such a fun work experience. I love Halloween and this was a perfect opportunity and job for me to be able to enjoy my love for Halloween as well as be able to assist those who came into the store.
Fast paced sales environment
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON28 June 2017
Great people and environment but also a very competitive environment. When I was working there you didn't have sales goals but there was a competition for contacts that cost about $150 and whoever had the most sales under their name at the end of the season got them.
Great Manager, Staff and work
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON26 June 2017
It was great work. I loved it there. They had a great manager and the staff was all friendly and everyone got along. The work was good, simple and easy to understand.
Being a Spirit Manager
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 June 2017
I ran Spirit on The Queensway last season. I have to say it was one of the best job experiences I have ever had. I wont lie, at first it was a little disorganized but we came together and built a kick butt store!
My team was amazing and Im still in touch with fhem to this day.

Would do it all over again!
Pros
Energy, staff
Cons
Disorganization at the beginning
Best seasonal
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 May 2017
The best place to work for your first job. MANY long days up to Halloween, and even the following week. You have the chance to gain all sales associate skills needed for job opportunities afterward. It's a shame that its only seasonal, the staff and management are always great to work with. One of the best environments I have worked in.
Pros
Cons
Literally nothing.
Productive and a very fun place to work at. Everyone there was amazing.
Spirit Halloween (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 May 2017
Working at Spirit Halloween for my very first job, was the most amazing first job anyone could ask for. Management and employee's were amazing. Very easy job, and I was happy coming to work everyday!
Pros
Pizza lunches
Cons
Doesn't get very busy until October, so it does get a little boring at first, and long hours as well.
So much fun its scary
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON25 May 2017
Working at Spirit halloween was an amazing and unforgettable experience. I not only loved my managers, but i loved my co-workers.Every day was a new adventure, and i was never bored. I have worked there for 2 seasons, and i recommend this job,
Pros
Flexible hours, great staff
Seasonal Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON7 May 2017
This was a seasonal employment opportunity. The staff and customers made the job rewarding. The management were cooperative with the hours of my shifts
Pros
Fun
Cons
Seasonal