Senior Accountant Spice Box Product Development Ltd is is the creative brainchild of Vancouver-based entrepreneur who has been distributing books and gift items to schools and businesses across Canada for over 15 years. We put our best into designing high quality, innovative, exciting kits, children’s books, stationery and beautiful gift sets. Each and every product is designed with education, imagination and learning in mind. Our products continue to offer tremendous quality and value. The company is growing fast and is continuing to recruit exceptional talents.
We are looking for a Senior Accountant reporting directly to the Financial Controller.
The ideal candidate would have following qualities and experiences:
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills;
- Able to project confidence in both oral and written communications;
- Customer service oriented;
- Continually strive for improvement and support change;
- Organized and able to prioritize and work with multiple deadlines;
- Great team player;
- Comfortable working with an entrepreneurial team;
- Advanced MS Office user preferably with some knowledge of MAS90;
- Detailed oriented, with strong business acumen with a proactive approach to problem solving.
Some of the day-to-day responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare journal entries;
- Perform month-end closing procedures;
- Maintain continuity schedules;
- Assist with recording and analyzing A/R and A/P transactions;
- Assist with completing month-end reconciliations;
- Identifying and following up on delinquent clients and collaborating with the sales team to resolve customer matters;
- Process and maintain inventory transactions;
- Prepare sales tax remittances;
The successful candidate will have a at least 3+ years of experience in accounting functions and is familiar with manufacturing and distribution environment. Please email your application to following contacts with “Senior Accountant” as your subject line. Please send resume to accounting @spicebox.ca