About this job
Responsible for developing enterprise architecture IT systems and data frameworks, and advocate for processes to ensure that the frameworks evolve over time and are leveraged widely. You will drive the alignment of current and future project solutions to the architecture and standards, in order to drive mid and long term sales and profitability.
KEY NOTE: The position is a full time role and based out of Barrie ON. Compensation - $100k Base plus Bonus.
Key Skills Requirement
- Educate Information Technology to key business partners/executives on the benefits of applying application and data architecture principles and roadmaps.
- Support Delivery teams in the establishment of holistic conceptual solutions and data model designs.
- Support the evaluation of vendor software products.
- Translate the current and potential future states of our business into an information and processing framework model that can be used to communicate with executive and mid-level management.
- Extrapolate future high level business states into domain architectural systems and information target states considering cost, benefits and risk.
- Establish and drive system and data road maps in critical areas of change, within the context of annual and long term planning.
- Establish and drive an overall data model for key retail domains.
- Assist in troubleshooting project delivery and operational issues at a technical level as required.
- Mentor junior architects.
- Five to ten years’ previous experience in a similar role required, particularly within the retail industry including ordering and business intelligence domains.
- Post-Secondary education in Computer Science or Math is a requirement.
- Experience conducting situation analysis – considering long term planning horizon and the second and third order effects of complex systems.
- Must be able to conceive and construct complex application and process frameworks/models.
- Ability to identify and build data models that promote simplicity and ubiquity of use is essential.
- Exceptional communication skills (listening and speaking) are required.
- Proven ability to think outside the box and challenge norms is an asset.
- Focus on Business Intelligence (data centers/databases); understand and organize how data comes together
- Individual must be comfortable working at a hands-on level as part of a small IT organization