The Application Specialist will be responsible for providing day-to-day support of all Windows platform applications utilized by internal and external staff. The position is contract based with a 8 month term and all work must be conducted onsite at the Mississauga office location.
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems;
- 3-5 years of Database and System Application Development experience required in a Microsoft platform environment;
- Previous application support or customer support experience is preferred;
- Able to look into the code and extract functionality;
- Good design experience (component diagram, sequence diagram, flow charting);
- Excellent analytical, logical thinking and communication skills in order to convey technical information in a non-technical manner to end clients and team members;
- Knowledge of Project Management methodology (PMI) and software development lifecycle (SDLC);
- Strong problem solving skills – solution oriented;
- Good communication and documentation skills.