Nimble, responsive, engaging, growth-centric and client oriented, a work environment where practicing your profession takes center stage and the opportunity to have a major impact in a small, fast growing operation exists. Does this sound like the kind of workplace you want?
SPHERE Project Management Group is a leading multi discipline project and construction management firm based in Calgary, Alberta with operations in Saskatoon.
At SPMG, we enable our clients to complete their projects on-time and within budget. In addition, we help clients achieve a competitive advantage through transfer of world class project management skills
We provide a flexible combination of services including best-in-class consulting services, end-to-end PMO development and complete client representation.
We currently have available the following opportunities:
The Project Manager has overall responsibility for carrying through to completion the assigned projects(s) from inception through start-up, in accordance with job specifications, the established budget and the required time schedule.
The Project Manager is responsible for reviewing the contract and any other existing data and preparing the project definition. The Project Manager communicates the specific project requirements to all personnel involved in execution of the project; conducts on a regular basis, design review meetings and project progress meetings, carries responsibility for the execution of design, engineering, procurement, and construction (where applicable) of the project(s).
Responsible through Procurement Manager (financial) and Engineering Manager(s) (technical), for selecting vendors, approving bid tabulations, initialing purchase order and approving Seller invoices.
- Administration of the Contract between SPMG and the Customer
- Fulfils the Contract obligations, and ensures that all financial, quality, schedule and project goals are achieved
- Maintains Customer relations and reports progress, etc. in accordance with Contract requirements
- Achieves budgeted financial and schedule results
- Ensures that requests for necessary resources are directed to the resource responsible unit in SPMG organization
- Ensures that methods which are used by the project organization are suitable for the project, and that any deviation is clarified with the responsible department
- Reports regularly to management on the project status and potential problem area
- Ensures that the project organization has the necessary knowledge regarding regulations, standards and procedures that apply to the project
- Ensures that all project personnel are kept informed at regular intervals about the project's goals and progress
- Establishes team-building and motivational activities
- Initiates Change Order Requests in accordance with the Management of Change Procedure
- Approves all Travel Authorization Expense Reports within area of responsibility
- Approves timesheets and overtime, where appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or management discipline with a minimum of 10 years work experience in a project environment, with at least 5 years in the role of Project Manager
Attributes & Skills:
- Thorough knowledge of project management systems and processes
- Action oriented, attention to detail
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Entrepreneurial, independent thinking
- Ability to work under pressure
For more information or other opportunities, check out our website at www.spheregroup.ca