Our client is a Logistics Management and Freight Consulting firm located in Vancouver, Canada. They are Specialists in International Transportation and Global Supply Chain Solutions incorporating Air, Ocean, Courier, Trucking and Intermodal Freight Services.
They are currently looking for a Logistics Operational Professional who has an excellent understanding of Transportation Operations and Supply Chain Management. Some of the key responsibilities and essential job functions required for this position are:
Ø Experience in conducting quotations and coordinating the routings for shipments associated to all modes of transport ( Air, Ocean, Courier, Ground and Intermodal Services)
Ø Experience in freight forwarding industry handling international Air & Ocean freight movements in both export and import.
Ø Experience in LTL/FTL trucking providing operational and pricing for North American Ground Freight
Ø Prepare all necessary shipping documentation related to international bookings and process all import/export documentation: (HAWB's, MAWB's, AES's, Manifest, Shipping Instructions, Hazz. Cargo Decl., Bill of Ladings, and Certificate of Origin, etc.)
Ø Dispatch pick-ups to authorized agents, drayage companies, shipping lines, airlines, trucking companies, clearing agents, warehouses, and all other parties involved in the shipment
Ø Track and trace shipments, researching and resolving any issues regarding billing or shipping companies, clearing agents, warehouses, and all other parties involved in the shipment
Ø Must be flexible if required to work outside normal working hours to meet business demands
Qualifications: Summary of Experience and Education
Batchelor degree in Business Administration
- Minimum of 5 years International Freight Forwarding Experience
- Minimum of 5 years Trucking experience coordinating LTL and Full Load shipments
- Detailed knowledge of operational procedures specific to: air, ocean, courier and trucking modes of transport
- Strong customer service, customer development, or business development experience
- Knowledge of state, federal, and international applicable laws and regulations i.e. customs, TSA, security, and all other import and export government agencies that regulate international trade
- Prior experience with Cargowise freight software system mandatory.
A competitive salary, bonus plan, and a comprehensive benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes in confidence by March 10, 2014 quoting reference # 0204s1