Spencer Technologies

Spencer Technologies Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and exciting learning environment
Data Communications Technician (Current Employee), Worcester, MADecember 17, 2015
I enjoy working in the telecommunications field. The different challenges you run into on a dally basis completing reparing and the customer interaction.
the worst company i ever worked for mom and son team and step brother
shipping clerk (Former Employee), memphis tnNovember 15, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything pay sucks to much butt kissing and backstabbing people
This company is perfect for that college student who just needs income. This place is run by a mother and son who hold the 1st and 2nd in command here at the Memphis Depot. No coffee is provided, we run out of cups, paper towels and tissue on a regular. The sugar and creamer, cups and plates are locked up and only one person has the key.
Productive Work Place
Recruiter Specialist (Former Employee), Marlborough, MANovember 12, 2015
Pros: Great Work ethic
Cons: Very little room to move up
Great place to start your career but the best place to finish ultimately. I think it's best to explore bigger companies.
Great Starter Job - Not for Career minded individuals
Tech (Current Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 11, 2015
Pros: Can't think of any
Cons: Mother and Son management
productive and fun
Office Manager (Current Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 4, 2015
I have learned a lot working with Spencer as well as advancing some of the skills i had already gained knowledge for previously.
Satisafactory as a temporary job only.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), NorthboroughAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Good Manager to work for. Co-workers fun to work with.
Cons: Culture of non inclusion.
While working there I made it known several times that I was interested in a permanent position. One time the HR person indicated that she and my Manager considered me a valuable asset to the company and that they would work to get me a "great job" at Spencer. Right after that, the HR person leaves the company. Later my manager told me she was not being included in the hiring decisions. So I did not get a permanent job. However, my Manager was still a very good person to work for while I was on this project, and I don't fault her for the corporate culture where only a couple of high echelon individuals are the ones who do all the hiring. I was pretty much invisible to those people.
No room for advancement, lack of care for family and life situations
Network Technician / (Field Engineer) (Current Employee), Northborough, MAJune 2, 2015
Pros: laptop and cell phone
Cons: management, pay, broken promises, lack of integrity
Spencer Technologies offers great incentives at first, as far as company car, cell phone, gas card, and company credit card (hotels only). You are hired on as an employee, but still work off of a piece rate/hourly rate style of pay. A day will last 3 hours and they promise you will get 40 hrs a week. They cut your pay from 20 dollars an hour to 8.50 an hr when driving from site to site or state to state. You get your for 40 hrs a week but it is more like 20 @ 20 an hr for work, then...20 hours @ 8.50 an hr when driving. Where they fall off is their lack of leadership who have little to no experience in the field or telecom experience. S.T. hired field supervisors from Pizza Hut who were suppose to be SME in the field but knew very little. Co workers are great guys but GREATLY underpaid. They have us doing ground up installs, cut-overs, troubleshooting, IP configuring, commissioning, cable running, T-1 extensions, hardware upgrades, software upgrades, etc. We are under ONE job title but hidden under that are the 7 others job titles attached. I don't mind working like this, but pay me accordingly. The work is easy if you know what you are doing but the pay is HORRIBLE. You will spend 90% of your time on the road in hotels and the Project managers drop the ball on logistics and jobs constantly. You will never get this time back if you have a family or are family oriented. So, weigh your options...at what price does family, and your well being come before money to you. This job is an easy 50k to start off at because off the scope of work you will doing and yet they offer you to – more... start @ 32K. – less
Spencer has really good intentions
Director of Depot/Warehouse Operations (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 5, 2015
Spencer Tech is a fast paced environment to work in. The people are some of the best i have worked with, although at times, unorganized and demanding.
Privately owned equipment installation and repair company
Administrative (Current Employee), Northborough, MAMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Affords many multi-tasking opportunities
Cons: Small company in a competitive market
Support Project and Service teams in fast paced environment supporting the retail industry. Great team of people striving to meet the business plan.
Great Place to work
Scheduling Dispatcher (Current Employee), Franklin, TNJanuary 22, 2015
Cons: short breaks and 1 hour lunches
Work with Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, Office Communicator and Outlook.
great workplace
Technical Analyst (Former Employee), Oakland, CADecember 12, 2014
Pros: great place to learn
Cons: job security
was a great work envirament because of job security can raddle your nerves for a family man such as me.
Good company to start working for as a newbie.
IT-Production Lab Admin-(Contractor) (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 6, 2014
Pros: nice pay rate for new grad and good place to start.................
Cons: poor management and no room for future advancement
Poor leadership everyone wants to be a boss. No one has a permanent job everyday you are consider a contractor and when contract run out they let you go. No atmosphere for career advancement.
Very Productive and Relaxing work environment
Service Desk Dispatcher (Current Employee), Northborough, MAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: quartely lunches from the owner of the company. being recognize for excellence.
Cons: short staffed as we enter our busy season.
A typical day at work consists of answering phones and processing tickets in an email format. My co-workers are all well down to earth. We get along very easily and help another out. The hardest part of the job is when short-staffed. We have a very high call volume with email requests and phones. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people. Everyone in the department are very nice.
Learning experience
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 7, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: work load, scheduling problems. parking issues, no management
horrible management
Stressful job environment
no training was given
good co-workers
gained good knowledge
Great Company
Field Technician (Current Employee), Yakima WAFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: call before deployment for job
Cons: limited work
Great place to keep your skills sharp. Plenty of time to review the calls before going out on site. Never anything outside the scope of work.
Good place if you need work
Technician (Current Employee), NorthboroughJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: lots of work
Cons: minimum wage paid to travel
The overall company is good to work for, there is lots of work available if your willing to travel.
Hard Work at Spencer
Project Manager (Former Employee), Northborough, MASeptember 23, 2013
Pros: lots of opportunity to succeed
Cons: no opportunity to advance, low pay for hard work and long hours
much the same as at Telaid, except through the eyes of a project manager. Very demanding work with large clients and large rollouts. Cumbersome database management of project work, lots of service work intermixed with project work.
good place but no benefits
Warehouse technician (Current Employee), Northborough, MAJuly 16, 2013
the hours are ideal i.e. 8-5 however, just like most companies theres SO much work and not enough help
company was good learnign experiance
Data Cable Operator (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 28, 2013
Pros: lots of work good benifits and pay.
Cons: most of the work is done overnight
I thought this company was a good for a young apprentice trying to get into the industry.. Although I was not with this company very long, but through networking with other business that I met through this company I was able to move forward with another company.
nice place to work
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: after training left to just do your own work
Cons: company left mn
trouble shot pos systems and dispatched techs. took phone calls, and installed at local shops
Headquarters