Spencer Gifts

Spencer Gifts Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very up beat staff, Very clean store
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 14, 2015
A typical day we would be helping customers, joking around with them, helping them plan their parties, or find their correct body jewelry sizes, etc. I learned how to merchandise, lead a team, and how to do many different tasks to help further me in the retail world. My manager is very upbeat and friendly, and helps everyone to strive for perfection, good service, and a very clean work environment. My coworkers are all very friendly, and knowledgeable. The most difficult part of the job was probably working in the Christmas rush, as our store is very narrow, and there isn't much moving space, so that could be a little stressful. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to help customers plan the events they were going to, get them all spruced up, and excited about things. I liked how much everyone who came in liked the store, and our product. I would say that it over all has been a very fun place to work, as well as exciting, and motivating when I got a promotion.
fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 13, 2015
Work is always different, you never know what kind of day you are going to have. Everyone there are great people plus they know when to have fun and let loose. Everyday is enjoyable because of the staff and customers. I have learned more about product knowledge, merchandising, payroll, scheduling, and expanding my managerial skills.
Best job in the world !
Key Holder (Former Employee), Pickering, ONOctober 28, 2014
Pros: we became a strong family- team, music, guests, product, staff parties.
Cons: security not catching shop lifters outside of store
No matter what, walking into Spencer Gifts always put a great big smile on my face. The music and atmosphere was always a bonus working in a retail store like Spencer gifts. I learned more approaches on my customer service skills and to become familiar with all the product and brands. The management and co-workers were always friendly and loved to work. I would demonstrate ACT - Approach, Connect, and Thank on guests and co-workers everyday. The hardest part of the job was getting our daily sales goal, by adding on additional product with the guest, some nights. The most enjoyable part of the job was connecting with guests and having them come back. Also when celebrities would walk in to shop and I personally would help them and show them around the store.
Fun place to work where you can be yourself
Store Manager (Former Employee), Stoney Creek, ONAugust 19, 2014
A typical day at Spencer's involved serving customers and creating a fun atmospheres for them. I learned how to deal with all types of people and how to lead a team. The hardest part of the job is figuring out the best way to help the guest while still being good for business. The most enjoyable part of the job is using creativity to make the best experience for the guest.
Fun workplace BUT lots of expectations for little pay.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Pickering, ONJuly 21, 2014
Pros: great people, fun work environment.
Cons: management is forced to take on a lot for little pay.
Love working at Spencers but head office expects way to much of store management for little pay. High volume store, tons of shop lifters so everyone has to be constantly on all guests who walk in the door. My co-workers became family and they are the sole reason why I've stayed so long in the company.
Fun and Challenging place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 25, 2014
Spencer Gifts was a fun and challenging place to work. Lots to do on a daily basis. Room for advancement
Fun environement
Sales Associate (Former Employee), London, ONMay 27, 2012
Pros: good break times, fun people to work with.
Cons: didn't turn out the way i wished it did.
A typical day at work; I would go in, clock in, usually help with inventory(help opening the boxes, putting the price stickers the products, put the products on the shelves/racks/etc.) I worked on cash, helped close the store(sweep&mop). I would also help customers on finding what they needed.

About Spencer Gifts

The teen and young adult years are peppered with trips to mall-based Spencer Gifts for lava lamps, beer pong tables, black lights, – Read more