Spectrum Health Care is currently seeking an IT Help Desk Technician to join the corporate IT team. This position is based in the Toronto office and will require occasional travel between various branch and office locations, supporting corporate and branch end-users as well as front-line field staff. Reporting to the Manager, IT Application & Support Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for 1st –level troubleshooting and resolution of IT issues, providing IT support to users by email, telephone, remote access and onsite. This position requires on-call after-hours support, weekend availability and shift schedule flexibility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides Level 1 phone, email, remote and on-site support to Spectrum employees and affiliates as required on a variety of desktop hardware and software, telecom and network issues.
- Provides software application troubleshooting and user support.
- Provides support for system access, including creating and managing user accounts, operations and software licensing
- Provides support for mobile devices including configuration and management.
- Provides support for user hardware and network related issues including workstations, devices, remote access.
- Provides support for communications technologies including analog and VoIP phones.
- Document and track issues, status and resolution using incident management tools.
- Ensure timely resolution and communication of status with user and management.
- Work closely with IT team members to ensure policies and procedures, instructions and guidelines of the IT Department are followed.
- Conduct ticket reviews, statistic reports and execute special projects as required.
- Ability to travel between offices as required to assist with IT support as needed.
- Shift and on-call scheduling including evenings, weekends and after-hour availability.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Network and Communications – Understanding of LAN/WAN based networking, Windows networking and VoIP technologies
- Server/Workstation – Strong understanding of Windows Server, workstation OS platforms, Active Directory, Applications – Strong experience with back office applications and industry standard business software applications, Exchange mailbox setup, Outlook configuration, anti-virus and malware.
- Printer support – Strong understanding of network printing and functions of all-in-one printers
- Information Security – Strong understanding of industry best practices regarding information security
- Installation/Deployment – Strong experience with Windows OS installation and application installation.
- Citrix XenApp Server - Strong understanding of hosted applications and resources.
- Break/Fix – strong knowledge of various hardware and software configuration and support
Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong problem solving/analytical/critical thinking skills.
- Self-starter with excellent organizational, administrative and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast paced environment.
- Ability to work independently, with team and with clients in a professional manner
- Ability to follow through with tasks, projects, and troubleshooting.
- Excellent oral and written, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to develop good rapport and build strong relationships with internal IT clients
- Experience in troubleshooting and critical incident management using various tools and utilities
- Experience supporting back office applications and industry standard business software applications including MS Office and Outlook
- Network connectivity and hardware trouble-shooting skills
- Experience supporting mobile device management solutions
- Professional phone etiquette, superior customer service and rapport with computer users with varying levels of experience
- University degree or College diploma with a focus on IT or equivalent work experience that includes IT support responsibilities
- 1-3 years in a technical support role
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
How to Apply:
If you are ready to join a dynamic team of health care professionals, fax your resume with cover letter including salary expectations to 416-640-0259 or email via Indeed with subject: IT Help Desk Technician
We thank all applicants; however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. Please note that successful applicants will require a current Police Reference Check prior to commencing employment
Contact Person: Ann Tabuchi, Manager, Human Resources
Indeed - 13 months ago
Spectrum Health Care is a fully accredited provider of home and community health care services. We offer a broad range of services...