Spectrum Brands

Spectrum Brands Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great products and fast paced environment.
Key Account Manager (Current Employee), Madison, WIAugust 12, 2014
Pros: discounts on products and brand new office with gym and cafeteria
Cons: open concept work enviroment
Spectrum Brands has excellent products. Everyday is different and time management is incredibly important. The people that work at Spectrum are top notch employees. It is important that applicants and employees are self motivated and self directed to be successful at Spectrum Brands.
A Stagnant Negative place to work
Confidential (Former Employee), Lake Forest, CAJune 19, 2014
Pros: good 401 k plan, nice employees
Cons: you can't trust management
If you are looking for a career, this is not the place for you. You will be pigeon holed.

Prior to Spectrum taking over it was a great place to work. But since Spectrum took over every business process has taken two steps back.
lock company
Consumer service/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), irvine caMay 26, 2014
Consumer service/ Administrative Assistant 01/09/14-3/09/14

- Answer all incoming calls regarding customers order status, billing questions, and concerns.
- Meet weekly quota
- Arrange payment plans for customers.
- Multi-task paperwork, phone calls, placing order and note taking in each customer’s account.
An awesome place to work!
Customer Service Administrator (Current Employee), Miramar, FLMay 20, 2014
I've loved every minute that I have worked for this company. My colleagues are fantastic people and they are the best at what they do for a living, hence why the IT staff here functions like a well oiled machine.
Poorly managed
HR (Former Employee), St. Louis,MOMay 14, 2014
Pros: some good employees
Cons: management, low pay, long hours
Definition of insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Management knows what the problems are, but instead of fixing them they point fingers.
Challenging times lay ahead
Marketing Project Manager (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 4, 2014
Pros: free pet products
Cons: financially challenging times
Fun company but having losses in first 2 quarters of year.
Sales driven marketing organization
hard work, less pay than most of other wharehouses
loader, full pallets, runner (Former Employee), Edwardsville, ILMarch 24, 2014
Pros: some good people there with good work ethics
Cons: don't follow through, let certain people get away with things others wouldn't.
more than typical drama, no backing by upper management. they seem to do what they want with not taking imput from supervisors on the floor as they sit in the front offices.
Table
Greg Abell HR Generalist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 23, 2014
Pros: no free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Hard work , and it can get better if the co-workers worked together. I liked working there.
Educational for employees and great atmosphere
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee), Dixon, ILFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: gym in the facility, library and educational room for employees
Cons: short breaks, minumum wage for all new employees
As the Key Resource I trained in all departments. Receiving, Shipping, Production, Quality, Inventory Control and HR. The company wanted someone that could answer any question or solve any problem. I mainly worked on the production floor as an Assistant Supervisor (Key Resource). I started the day by placing the temporary employees in different areas – more... and placing them with a senior employee to train. I checked all the materials being used on all lines, the quality of the product being produced, kept track of indirect vs direct labor, did all the safety training and walked the floor to ensure the shift was productive. I enjoyed everything about my job, but the hardest part was making sure that all of the temporary employees knew how to safely preform the job they were being asked to do, how to preform the job correctly and what to look for as far as the quality of the product.
My reason for leaving was to further my career. – less
Typical Day
Project Lead (Former Employee), Bridgeton, MOJanuary 20, 2014
Low pay for new hires and temps. The physical job requirements are true but the long days make your body ache at the end of the week. It is a place to go to work so you can organize yourself and life and choose a better path.
A global FMCG organisation with an annual turnover of over $4 billion supplying well known branded consumer goods including Russell Hobbs, Remington,
National Account Manager Russell Hobbs (Former Employee), ManchesterNovember 13, 2013
Pros: can do attitude within the business
Cons: a flat management structure limits career development opportunities
A great place to work with good people and good leadership. A can do attitude is in place and co workers pull in the same direction most of the time. Key learn has been the benefit of being given clear guidelines on boundaries and responsibilities. This enables you to take control of the business you operate in and therefore make good, quick, and commercial – more... decisions. Most enjoyable part of the job is winning new business. Hardest part of the job is managing inventory. – less
GOod now that out of bankrupcy
Packaging Engineer (Former Employee), ST. LouisOctober 31, 2013
Pros: good team
Cons: financial isues at the time
Good mgt, stable company. I left due to possible financial issues with co. CHapeter 11 fixed these issues
the job
warehouse supervisor. The reason (Former Employee), sylacauga, alabamaOctober 24, 2013
Pros: take you to eat as a reward, and they took care of they workers
Cons: some of the supervisors
employees, to get along with them, it was good not the best, they was good enough to get along with, stacking 54 pds 12 hours a day everyday, when it was running cause it is closed down.
Good place to work.
Packer (Former Employee), Earth City, MOSeptember 9, 2013
Plenty of work to be done. Was always busy. Numerous people to work with.
Very productive place to work
Human Resources Coordinator / Generalist (Former Employee), st louis, moAugust 21, 2013
Jumped started my HR career. Had opportunities to research, develop and implement various HR programs. Direct supervisor was very empowering.
A progresive company...trying to survive with increased manufacturing costs
Associate Art Director (Current Employee), Madison, WIAugust 1, 2013
Pros: great perks / freebies. they have paid bonuses for the last 5 years
Cons: as with any company these days, spb doesnt not have loyalty to the employee, just the bottom dollar.
Nice enough place to work....town is rather boring.

I learned a lot about re-branding a worldwide brand. The pit fall etc.

Tons of work...needing to be done quickly
Not the greatest.....
Maintenance (Former Employee), Dixon, ILJuly 15, 2013
Pros: none really.
Cons: third shift lead person.
Far from the best job I’ve had, but I’ve had worse. I worked all three shifts over the time I was there, and second shift was by far the best. First shift was okay. On second shift, we had a Great Supervisor, good people working on the lines, and the lead maintenance man was fantastic. I learned a lot from him. Third shift was horrible. The lead person – more... over everybody is a drama queen. Absolutely impossible to work with. I would literally have to be starving to work third shift there again.

Starting pay is low for a skilled trade / skilled craft maintenance position. They have opportunities for training / education to advance in pay, but when I inquired about it, I was told it was being reworked and wasn’t available. So I worked there for just over a year with only one small raise. Normally after a year a maintenance man could be making fair money, but no chance for that. No one in management seemed to care about no pay advancement being available. They kept telling me next month, next month. After 6 or 8 months, I gave up. – less
spectrum brands
warehouse lead man (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 2, 2013
it was a fun place to work at and very productive. managment helped with any questions. hardest part of job was keeping help because most employees were from temp agency
Productive but long hours with less pay
General Warehouse Employee (Former Employee), Overland, MOJune 20, 2013
Pros: co workers
Cons: short breaks, no benifits, union doesnt work well with temps
- come in ready to work
- learned valuable warehouse skills - wrapping, labeling packing
- Fun co-workers
- repeating the same motion for 8 or sometimes 16hrs is a drag
the hardest part of working at this job is the work load for just 7.65. the most enjoyable part of the job were my co workers ability to motivate everyone to get the job done
This is a great company to work for if it were year round
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 20, 2013
Pros: work alone
Cons: no cell phone allownce
It was pleasant. I really enjoyed my time at the stores.I liked going in early and getting home early to be with my girls.

About Spectrum Brands

And you will know them by their trail of brands. Spectrum Brands makes and markets products sold under some of the most recognizable – Read more

Spectrum Brands Photos