Specialized Property Evaluation Control Services (SPECS Limited) is now hiring for the position of Technical Large Loss in our Technical Division based out of the Calgary, Alberta office. The Technical Appraiser will be responsible for assessing post-loss property damages and providing property valuations for challenging and demanding commercial and industrial buildings. This is a stimulating and rewarding position for the right individual. A diverse skill set is required to thrive in this position. Local travel is extensive, and overnight will be closer to a few nights per month. We are looking for someone who is willing to learn our software and take on whatever challenges may come their way. At least five years’ experience in the construction industry is mandatory. A PQS designation, technical school degree or a degree in architecture, construction, or engineering is also preferred.
To the qualified candidate we offer:
- Salary plus commission
- Healthcare Package
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company phone and Laptop
- Reimbursement for billable miles
- Internal and External Training
- Paid Vacation
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Profit Sharing
This person will be reporting to the Director of Technical Large Loss Division. This position is part of an ever growing company, which means there will be opportunities to move upward with the company in the future.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide replacement costs and cash valuations on properties
- Perform site inspections, including surveying, measuring, specifications, quantifying, and pricing various structures
- Coordinate communication between stakeholders
- Produce bid documents, catastrophe valuations, and conflict resolution services
- Travel as required- a few times per month
SPECS would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however only successful candidates will be contacted.