Are you a motivated, energetic individual who has a talent for connecting with people and a deep, passionate love of sport? Are you looking for a new professional challenge? If so, Special Olympics has the opportunity for you.
Special Olympics Alberta is currently seeking applications for the position of Sport Coordinator for its Edmonton Affiliate. As a sport coordinator you will play a valuable role in the development and support of sport programs in Edmonton. You will join a great office team and be a critical part of the future of Special Olympics in Edmonton.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing direct support and guidance to grassroots programs in order to ensure the ongoing operation of safe and sustainable quality sports programs
- Engaging and partnering with coaches to support their growth and contribute to the development of a strong and empowered Edmonton coaching community
- Developing and accessing pertinent training material and opportunities for our coaches and leaders at all levels
- Supporting the hosting of and participation in quality competitions and assist in the identification and development of additional competitive opportunities
- Liaising with our community partners in order to maintain a strong working relationship and to access additional athlete and coach development and competitive opportunities
- Assisting in the promotion, support and activation of Young Athlete and Athlete Leadership programs and their principals at the community level
- Administrative duties including, but not limited to facilities booking, program specific website and social media content development, and data base and volunteer management
- Experience working with and managing volunteers
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, and the ability to work both individually and with a team;
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills;
- Post-secondary education in sport and recreation or related field;
- Experience working in a sport development;
- An understanding of a multi-sport environment, competitions, and LTAD;
- Knowledge of individuals with a disability and sport implications;
- Proficiency with office computer equipment and software.
Special Olympics Alberta, Edmonton is dedicated to enriching the lives of Edmontonians with intellectual disabilities through sport. Our organization provides training and competition opportunities to more than 500 athletes through 35 sport programs throughout the year.
If you have a passion for sport and working with individuals with an intellectual disability, and are committed to excellence, please send your resume and cover letter, with salary expectations, by Friday, August 22, 2014 at 4:00pm.
Sean Gillen, General Manager
Special Olympics Alberta - Edmonton
16011, 118 Ave Edmonton, AB T5V 1C7
Please respond only if you have the required experience and are already living in the stated region (relocation costs will not be paid). Please e-mail your resume as a Microsoft Word or PDF attachment with a cover letter explaining why you are interested in Special Olympics and are an excellent fit for the position.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those invited to interview will be contacted.