Special Counsel Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Special Counsel - Raleigh, NC
Corporate Paralegal (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 22, 2013
Pros: jobs listing
Cons: incompetent management
I have been black-balled by Special Counsel's new management in Raleigh, NC. I was unhappy with the assignment, but determined to complete it so as to uphold the commitment and reputation of Special Counsel. I inquired as to the time remaining on the assignment which was not well received by the then recruiter. The recruiter left Special Counsel the same week, and I was instructed to direct any questions to the new director. I informed the old recruiter and new director of my intent NOT to extend the assignment past the 3-year commitment. The employer terminated the assignment one-week early. I was ecstatic because it was the assignment from hell. The attorney I worked for had gone through so many paralegals prior to my joining, it was pathetic. Truth is, I should have left that position two months earlier. There had been conversations between Special Counsel and a new firm which was my referral -- not Special Counsel. I worked that position 3 months and the position ended. I contacted Special Counsel to inquire about work and was informed that I left two positions unfavorably and thus was not a good fit for Special Counsel. The truth of the matter is that Special Counsel did not protect my best interest as a client, and had the audacity to pass judgment without facts. I'm elated that today I have the opportunity to work without giving Special Counsel a lion's share of the profits!
Right
Paralegal Temp. (Former Employee), Cleveland, OhioJune 6, 2013
Pros: pay was good
I remember when I met the boss of the recruiter that placed me, the recruiters boss was extremely unprofessional ,but I guess that goes with the area. I would not recommend this company in the Cleveland Ohio area to anybody.
No So Special - Unethical practices
Paralegal (Former Employee), San Antonio, TexasApril 18, 2013
Pros: i had very good experience up until this incident.
Cons: blacklisted for reporting unethical behavior.
I had heard about questionable business practices from other professionals placed by this former Ajilon firm. Surprised when the Director called me to relay that my colleague was very dissatisfied and asking Ajilon for help with placement elsewhere. I was asked to give the inside scoop which I found inappropriate and reported to my manager. When confronted the director denied it and has since tried to damage my reputation. Beware of the San Antonio office.
A Uniquely Unprofessional Agency
Document Reviewer (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 13, 2013
Pros: attractive work environment
Cons: fails to adequately supervise workers
If you want to work as a document reviewer, you may want to stay away from Special Counsel's Pittsburgh office. First, the agency advertises for nonexistent positions. Second, when Special Counsel finally does land a project, their scatterbrained placement personnel change the start date at least 3 times. Third, they play favorites particularly with young male attorneys who provide them with a better chance of a temp-to-perm placement. Unlike other agencies, you seldom see practitioners over 40 in their work group. Special Counsel has lost many projects in the past and has definitely not upheld the professionalism of their predecessor in interest, Legal Network. No one likes deceptive advertising in this job market and Special Counsel ought to be severely reprimanded for playing "fast-and-loose" with licensed professionals.

July 13, 2013

They are also short-sighted. I did a two projects for them in Texas during some downtime and was horrified at the lack of professionalism. As General Counsel for a corporation, they are not on my list of providers. And that info is shared with other GC's.

great benefits
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 14, 2013
Great benefits and pay, no room for advancement in any position, hostel management team.
Congenial and professional working environment
Attorney (Current Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 20, 2012
I would reccomend Special Counsel to any attorney or legal professional seeking employment.
+++
Temporary Legal Secretary (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 20, 2012
Pros: totally great to work with
Always had jobs for me, both temporary and temp to perm. My contact person was very good in returning phone calls and keeping me up to date. I would rate this company as +++
Contract Placement on multiple projects
Document Reviewer (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 30, 2012
Pros: free lunches some days (every couple of weeks), free parking (if offsite, generally)
Cons: no overtime, rate varies by project, unpredictable project length
Depending on the client, they have a review center in their office, or I have been placed at the client site directly. Projects range anywhere from 40-80 hours per week, and anywhere from a couple of weeks to many months. Some clients are more cost and review speed conscious than others. Generally very good about returning communications, but uncertainty of project length comes with the territory.
great
Lease Administrator (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 26, 2012
Pros: great
Cons: great
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job

June 25, 2013

You know I'm looking for quality feedback on this company before I consider them as any kind of employer. Your comments the way you have them written are unintelligable and make zero sense! I can't figure out whether you're protecting them because they are treating you well or if you just don't have good writing skills. Whatever the case may be your comments are not helpful at all which is why everyone said "no" more than "yes". May want to pay more attention to how you say what you need to. Just a friendly tip.

Don't waste your time
Legal Secretary (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 25, 2012
Cons: they don't care about human beings
Will not return calls. No follow up. Save yourself a headache and move onto the next placement firm.
I am currently working here
Project at Insurance Defense Firm (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 6, 2012
I am currently working here. I'll be happy to speak more about it once I am no longer on the project.
learning experience, networking, and completing objective.
Attorney at law (Former Employee), Woodbridge, NJJune 22, 2012
Pros: having fun while making money
Very exciting a fun place to work. Nice work atmosphere. really enjoyed the assignment.
Special Counsel? Or Not So Special?
Unemployed and Ticking (Former Employee), Unemployed and TickingMay 29, 2012
Cons: never got placed on a single assignment
This "headhunter" has never placed me on a single assignment after having dealt with them on and off for about 5 + years and two recruiters later. As of late, the recruiter I am "supposed" to be dealing with (over a year now) won't even return my calls. Waste of time!

July 14, 2012

They are being paid to not only PLACE secretaries. They now are being paid to bring in candidates, therefore, they run ads all the time and NEVER PLACE any one nor get them a job, because they run bogus ads. When you respond, they get PAID.

Helpful; gave me an opportunity for work.
Licensed Attorney Document Reviewer (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 6, 2012
The placement director who hired me was very kind and helpful with my initial placement but did not seem to know how to place me again or secure additional work for me after the new client law firm cut short the work assignment for a number of Special Counsel's temporaries such as myself. Although I was new to document review work and led to believe by the law firm that I was doing excellent work, I was let go. The placement director did encourage me by stating that the firm had let go of several seasoned Special Counsel workers as well. Unfortunately, nothing has been done on my behalf since and the placement director in fact left which I did not know until after several persistent calls before speaking with his assistant who said I should have received an email which I did not.
Good people to work with
Legal Secretary (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FloridaFebruary 8, 2012
Pros: assignments are great
Cons: temp work is not always regular
Great company and people. This is a temp agency and they have NEVER sent me on any assignment that wasn't with a good company with good people.