Special Counsel

Special Counsel Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Contract Placement on multiple projects
Document Reviewer (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 30, 2012
Pros: free lunches some days (every couple of weeks), free parking (if offsite, generally)
Cons: no overtime, rate varies by project, unpredictable project length
Depending on the client, they have a review center in their office, or I have been placed at the client site directly. Projects range anywhere from 40-80 hours per week, and anywhere from a couple of weeks to many months. Some clients are more cost and review speed conscious than others. Generally very good about returning communications, but uncertainty – more... of project length comes with the territory. – less
great
Lease Administrator (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 26, 2012
Pros: great
Cons: great
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job

June 25, 2013

You know I'm looking for quality feedback on this company before I consider them as any kind of employer. Your comments the way you have them written are unintelligable and make zero sense! I can't figure out whether you're protecting them because they are treating you well or if you just don't have good writing skills. Whatever the case may be your comments are not helpful at all which is why everyone said "no" more than "yes". May want to pay more attention to how you say what you need to. Just a friendly tip.

Don't waste your time
Legal Secretary (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 25, 2012
Cons: they don't care about human beings
Will not return calls. No follow up. Save yourself a headache and move onto the next placement firm.
I am currently working here
Project at Insurance Defense Firm (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 6, 2012
I am currently working here. I'll be happy to speak more about it once I am no longer on the project.
learning experience, networking, and completing objective.
Attorney at law (Former Employee), Woodbridge, NJJune 22, 2012
Pros: having fun while making money
Very exciting a fun place to work. Nice work atmosphere. really enjoyed the assignment.
Special Counsel? Or Not So Special?
Unemployed and Ticking (Former Employee), Unemployed and TickingMay 29, 2012
Cons: never got placed on a single assignment
This "headhunter" has never placed me on a single assignment after having dealt with them on and off for about 5 + years and two recruiters later. As of late, the recruiter I am "supposed" to be dealing with (over a year now) won't even return my calls. Waste of time!

July 14, 2012

They are being paid to not only PLACE secretaries. They now are being paid to bring in candidates, therefore, they run ads all the time and NEVER PLACE any one nor get them a job, because they run bogus ads. When you respond, they get PAID.

Helpful; gave me an opportunity for work.
Licensed Attorney Document Reviewer (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 6, 2012
The placement director who hired me was very kind and helpful with my initial placement but did not seem to know how to place me again or secure additional work for me after the new client law firm cut short the work assignment for a number of Special Counsel's temporaries such as myself. Although I was new to document review work and led to believe – more... by the law firm that I was doing excellent work, I was let go. The placement director did encourage me by stating that the firm had let go of several seasoned Special Counsel workers as well. Unfortunately, nothing has been done on my behalf since and the placement director in fact left which I did not know until after several persistent calls before speaking with his assistant who said I should have received an email which I did not. – less
Good people to work with
Legal Secretary (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FloridaFebruary 8, 2012
Pros: assignments are great
Cons: temp work is not always regular
Great company and people. This is a temp agency and they have NEVER sent me on any assignment that wasn't with a good company with good people.