SPARQ Systems Inc., a Canadian leader in developing advanced photovoltaic (PV) microinverter products and systems, is seeking a full-time Controller in Kingston, Ontario. The ideal candidate will be able to work closely with the operations team to help drive business initiatives and help improve processes. The candidate will report directly to the CEO of SPARQ.
The Controller’s essential functions will include:
- All day-to-day transactional processing including accounts payable, accounts receivable, administration of cheques and bank reconciliations
- Completion of HST returns
- Preparing and remitting payroll, including calculation of salaries, benefits and deductions
- Recording and tracking fixed assets and depreciation
- Recording inventory and performing reconciliation between inventory records and general ledger
- Preparing monthly financial and management reporting package
- Performing month-end closings and reviewing general ledger reconciliations
- Ensuring filing systems maintained and updated for all relevant agreements including personnel files
- Implementing and monitoring the application of internal controls
- Overseeing financial audits and providing recommendations for procedural improvements
- Preparing periodic cash flow projections, budgets, and forecasts
- Designated accountant (CA,CMA,CGA,CPA) with 5+ years of strong manufacturing experience
- Experience with accounting software such as QuickBooks, Simply Accounting, ACCPAC, Xero, etc.
- Technical aptitude in working with Microsoft Office Suite (advanced skill with Excel);
- Ability to follow through on assignments with high attention to detail;
- Experience with government grant reporting and grant administration would be an asset
- Experience with SR&ED tax credits would be preferred
Indeed - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard
SPARQ Systems Inc. is a power electronics company in the renewable energy sector designing and manufacturing micro inverters for...