Spark Lifecare Employee Reviews

Great atmosphere with great people
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 February 2017
What drew me to Spark was the genuinely caring people in the company. At Spark you get to work hands on, one on one with people and get to know them on an individual level. This isn't your run of the mill job where you talk to hundreds of people in a day, you really get to connect with people and help them out.
Pros
Amazing, caring workers
Incredible Organization!
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 January 2017
Working for Spark Lifecare has been such a great experience. I have never been part of a team, where each and every person is so encouraging and kind to one another!
Everyone is so passionate about what they do, and it shows in the work that it is done. It is truly a privilege to work for this amazing organization!
The job you've been looking for!
Rehabilitation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 January 2017
Joined Spark Lifecare with the goal of working within the health care field and helping to make a difference in the lives of others.
Fast forward to the present and its much more than I could have ever imagined. Spark Lifecare provides the opportunity to care and assist those in need. Spark goes above and beyond to match you as a caregiver to another with similar interests, goals and aspirations so that you may work within your skill set and provide the best care possible. If I'm being honest - this makes a typical day with Spark feel like anything but a job! I gear up each day excited for the challenges and excitements, knowing that I continue to grow and learn - just as my clients do.
Management goes way beyond the employer/employee relationship. Everyone plays their part and works together as a family.
Pros
Perks, advancement, individualized schedule
Cons
Irregular/unpredictable hours
Supportive/ genuine working environment
Rehabilitation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 January 2017
Working with Sparklifecare is a unique opportunity compared to previous places I have had the pleasure of working. As a spark employee you are not just a number in the system or an unknown face in the crowd you are treated like family and encouraged to have your individual voice heard. Spark allows you to work with a variety of clients and encourages learning opportunities and advancement. There are regularly scheduled staff events where every staff member is welcome to participate. This helps create opportunities to feel like part of a team and of course meet so many amazing people in a casual fun setting.
Pros
Employee status, benefits package, flexible hours, advancement /training opportunities
Cons
Varying hours
Never felt more at home.
Personal support (Current Employee) –  Arnprior28 January 2017
I have never felt more welcomed by a job before. Working for spark taught me that there is hope for the world and there are still decent people out there. Spark is more family than just any regular 9-5.
Pros
Amazing communication.
Cons
Being far away than everyone else in Ottawa.
Amazing team!
Caregiver/Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 January 2017
Amazing team to work with! Everyone is extremely personable. Always looking out for your and the client's best interests. Spark outings, end of year party, spark credits and learning opportunities all keep the staff engaged and informed on all aspects of client care and makes one feel valued in the workplace.
Pros
Amazing team, amazing perks, schedule that fits to your lifestyle, spark credits, outings
Cons
Varying hours
The most fun you could have at work!
Community Builder (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 January 2017
Spark provides what everyone is seeking for in a job: the opportunity to help those in need and to have fun and be engaged while doing it. The management team makes you feel like friends and everyone is always available. There are a ton of perks that come with the job and a great culture. They give us so many opportunities to learn and develop our own skills to better ourselves and our clients. Truly the best company I've worked for!
Pros
Perks, advancement, good pay, working with variety of clients
Cons
varying hours
The best care organization I've worked with in 30 years
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Ottawa25 January 2017
To be able to balance putting both their clients and caregivers first in such a great way is amazing. Every single manager is available at the drop of a hat to help you and always looking for ways to encourage and inspire you. I am so happy to have found them.
Amazing work environment
Caregiver/Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 January 2017
People who truly care about you, the managers are so genuine and want to work with you to make the experience great for the clients and the workers.
Pros
amazing culture and work envirnment
Cons
client cancellations/unreliable hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spark Lifecare. Our community is ready to answer.

4.8