Spareparts Employee Reviews

A company that doesn't understand new markets and doesn't trust their employees.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario6 October 2017
Spareparts opened a bunch of stores in Ontario with in a short amount of time without understanding their market. Retail culture here in Ontario compared to out west is VERY different.

In result of this, it became the sales persons fault that the store wasn't performing well. Instead of taking any corporate responsibility, sales people are put down, blamed, and made to feel constantly disposable.

The stores were never stocked, so even trying to sell product was embarrassing. Products were only to be sold off of the shelves because there was no back stock. What customer wants damaged and exposed luxury goods?

Spareparts has no one but themselves to blame for their decline.

Maybe they should have put a little more faith into what the members of the Ontario retail team had to say.
Cons
Terrible management.
Great company to work for if you love a challenge
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 May 2017
Spareparts is a great Canadian, family owned company to work for! I love being able to connect with my community by connecting with ours guests and spending quality time on every single interaction. Within the store, it feels like a family and this is probably the most important thing to me when I choose a place of work. It really makes the biggest difference. Plus, that family feeling carries on out of our shop and all the way across Canada. I can speak to another Spareparts employee in Saskatchewan on the phone and make that same connection.
Because Spareparts is growing a lot right now, there is never a stagnant or dull period of time in which you are not developing no matter what is going on shop level. Why would you want to work in a place that doesn't offer you a chance to challenge yourself and develop your skills?! You are provided with all the support necessary in order to achieve this as upper management is much more available and accessible than typical retail environments which is a welcome change.
As a whole, I feel that I have a voice - I can present my ideas knowing that I will be listened to and can affect change. Love this company!
Pros
Great salary for management, Opportunity to earn comission for sales associates with a competitive hourly rate, strong upper management, family feel
Cons
Can be stressful if you don't make targets
A company that constantly lies
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto11 May 2017
The managers at this company just forced 5 people to put 5 star reviews within a few days of each other, the other reviews were all negative.

Constant lies from managers, bad pay, bad hours, rudeness while at work all the time from your team leaders, damaged products to sell, just non stop terrible things at this job. don't apply here its toxic
Pros
Cons
everything you can imagine
Welcoming and Motivating Environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON5 May 2017
To start: The online training was such a breeze, and the videos made it so much easier to learn! They cover every aspect from policies to dress code to product knowledge, and it made it such a great transition from training to actually working the floor.

Right off the bat, I was welcomed in by my Regional Manager, who has become a huge asset and a friend! And at the end of opening my location, the Vice President gave me a hug (such a foreign concept to me) but it made me feel more like I'm a part of a family than just another employee.

The product is amazing, the sales training is phenomenal, and this company truly is like a franchise: you're given all the opportunity to succeed, the rest is up to you.

And an even added bonus: there's constantly contests going on where you can win free product, free trips, and more! Not to mention, the discount is unreal.
Pros
Discount, Flexible Schedule, Motivating Environment, Fashion Forward
Amazing company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB5 May 2017
Great company to work for with lots of employee incentives although they take a long time to go through. Adequate training and support provided. Very fun and professional environment.
Pros
Very competitive and sometimes hard to make goals
Cons
Not able to leave for bathroom breaks when working alone
Best retail company I've ever worked for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Alberta5 May 2017
If you have the willingness to follow the training and sales steps, humility to learn from your mistakes and accept constructive criticism, and the ability to push yourself to become a great sales person, this company is a wonderful one to work for. Upper management is great. Always supportive and willing to help. Yes, it is a sales driven company, so it can be competitive which makes it not suitable to all people. But if you're good at your job, and showing improvement, the opportunity to advance is huge. Training is on-going and very thorough, and it's paid off a lot with all of the knowledge that I've gained. The best part of working for this company is knowing you're not just a number. Everyone knows everyone in this company, and your voice is heard when changes need to be made. I know I'll be with Spareparts for a long time.
Pros
Contests, company culture, great support
Best workplace ever
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON5 May 2017
Working at Spareparts has been one of the best experiences in my career, and seriously the best job I have ever had.

A typical day at work involves getting to dress up, communicating with people all day, and getting to sell some amazing product. Since starting with Spareparts, everyday I learn something new, and everyday I meet awesome people. The staff here is extremely supportive and every person matters at Spareparts. No one goes unnoticed and upper management is great in making everyone feel like an important part of one big family.

Yes, the job is challenging and it requires hard work, but so does any job! If you work hard and put your mind to it, this could be one of the best paying jobs.
Pros
Family environment, fun workplace, supportive team
Cons
None.
Terrible management leads to everyone quitting
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto21 April 2017
It's pretty clear that when as many people quit a company in such a short period of time as they have, that something is going on. This company is always hiring for almost every store, and it's because their employees hate working there.

Managers are rude and aggressive, pay is processed improperly on almost a weekly basis, contest payouts take 2+ months to make it to you, you aren't allowed to go to the bathroom if you're working alone (which is most of the time because they don't want to pay to have you work with another human being for more than half of your shift) and so many many many other things. Please steer clear of this place
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Everything else
Negative managment and very little training
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON17 April 2017
Store manager was never in the store

Coaching sessions were done through emails

No bathroom breaks when you worked by yourself

Never heard from manager unless you have awful sales. Very snide remarks when you have great sales

Takes forever to finish your probation, as you have to have 350 selling hours, and not just the typical 90 days.

Just an awful place overall. If you're lucky like I was to get amazing co-workers, then all the drama might be a bit more managable
Pros
Excellent co-workers
Cons
Literally everything else
Manipulative management makes a toxic workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON20 March 2017
This company has all the potential to be amazing but higher management does not have anyone's best interest in mind but their own. The product is great, the customers are great, the staff is great but the stress level is too high for it to be enjoyable. No one is trusted to do their job and everything is very micromanaged. People gossip a lot which makes the job mentally draining and their is no real HR department to talk to. Again, this company has so much potential but issues that have nothing to do with customers and selling get in the way of a positive business environment.
Pros
Cons
Manipulation

Want to know more about Spareparts?

Ask a question
Management Issues
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 October 2016
The staff for the most part made for a fun environment. However lack of concrete management the place is not well organized or ran
Another Retail job with some perks
Sales (Current Employee) –  Alberta31 January 2016
The company is small which I appreciate because the owner knows all employees and managers by name. Competition in the work place is fierce and cut throat, sales come before anything. Not full time like they advertise I maybe get 20 hours a week as a "full time employee". No 15/HR till you work 350 hours and it takes forever to get those hours because you never get full time.
Pros
Free product, yearly trips for yearly sales goals met
Cons
15 per hour after 350 hours
Great place to work...
manager (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 January 2016
I love this job and enjoy coming in to work everyday. My co workers and this company have become like a second family to me. The second time I ever met the owner I went to throw him the handshake and he gave me a hug, and that's when I knew I would be with this company for a long time. You are not just an employee number here, you are a person and people take an interest in what makes you you! They have helped to develop my skills in a supportive and encouraging way, never being negative and always building me up or showing me a better path.

Everyday there is new challenges or something else to learn, I never feel like my experience here is getting stagnant. The product knowledge I received was comprehensive and much more thorough than other retail stores I have worked at. I feel I was given the tools I needed to be successful. I was nervous in the beginning about having a 'sales goal' but the training walked me through everything from saying hello to the customer to closing the sale which really built up my confidence.

Other than the great relationships Ive built being part of the Spareparts family, the free product you receive for company contests is a sweet perk ;)
Pros
great contests resulting in FREE product, great enviroment, awesome coworkers, supportive leadership
Stressful and competitive workplace enviroment
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Alberta4 January 2016
This company has great intentions, however it creates a very competitive work environment for its employees. Job security is dependent on whether or not you, as and individual, are making enough money for the company, as it is sales goal orientated. I have also had many issues with proper pay.
Pros
commission
productive and a great place to meet new people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 November 2015
A great place to work with friendly co-workers.
We are given budgets to make every day we work to meet.
It can be intense and competitive when you have short shifts and you have to catch up with your personal budget of the week and try to accomplish your "gold star" budget for some added commission.
The most enjoyable part of this job, is meeting customers and having long conversations about themselves or anything else.
Productive Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta19 June 2014
Clock in and go right into working after team leader told me to do a specific job

Co-workers are friendly

Enjoyable part is when i help customers
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long Hours