Spafax, a global leader in content marketing, is looking for a super-creative, magazine-obsessed Art Director to join our award-winning team to lead the design for Air Canada’s enRoute. We’re looking for someone with industry-leading ideas to evolve enRoute’s media products, which include the stunning and high-profile monthly travel magazine, enRoute special issues, digital editions, videos, apps, events and other creative projects.
You’ll bring top-notch technical expertise and great leadership to the art team. As well as being a master of magazine design, you realize that magazines live both on and off printed page. You’ll come up with concepts, layouts and packages in collaboration with the editor-in-chief that will wow our audiences, whatever platform they are interacting with.
We welcome those with a passion for design, the drive to raise the bar and the desire to work in a collaborative environment as part of one of the country’s most talented (and fun) visual and editorial teams. You love working with the best in the business and have a passion for nurturing talent.
Reporting to the Editor-in-Chief, the Art Director is responsible for the visual identity of all enRoute media products, from generating concepts to overseeing photo shoots and designing stories.
Candidates must have:
- 5 years’ magazine art direction experience in a senior role
- Expertise in designing both service and narrative stories as well as strong packaging skills
- Expertise in adapting design ideas across multiple platforms and touchpoints
- An appreciation of the requirements of corporate branding, and a solid understanding of marketing and advertising
- A mastery of the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Experience managing staff
- A degree or diploma in art or design
- A network of leading illustrators and photographers
- A thorough understanding of magazine production
- Ability to work in a bilingual environment
Knowledge of web design would be an asset.
This is a permanent, full-time position in our Montreal office.
Please submit your resume with salary expectations and a portfolio of published layouts and/or tear sheets, along with a one-page analysis of your favourite magazine, explaining why the design works.
Application should be sent with "enRoute Art Director" in the subject line.
Applications without all components will not be considered. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
enRoute, Air Canada’s inflight magazine, is a Canadian travel lifestyle magazine with an international reach. We aim to highlight that space where Canada and the world intersect through smart writing and superior photography and illustration. With this mandate in mind, enRoute showcases the best of our country – and the world – for its audience of one million global readers each month.
enRoute is published by Spafax Canada Inc. Spafax is one of the world’s leading providers of custom media. At Spafax, we recognize, promote and reward exceptional talent. Our full-time employees enjoy the following rewards: competitive salary, group health & dental benefits, group RRSP, health & wellness fitness subsidy and training & development opportunities.