REPORT TO: Director of Operations/ Clinic Manager and Senior Financial Accountant
ABOUT SPAMEDICA: SpaMedica is the brainchild of Robert Stephen Mulholland, M.D., physician and internationally recognized cosmetic plastic surgeon and lecturer. He is the owner of SpaMedica, had become one of Canada's leading cosmetic plastic surgery authorities. However, Dr. Mulholland quickly recognized that many clients do not desire cosmetic surgery or invasive procedures, yet still want to look as good as they feel and present a youthful, vital and confident appearance. For more information, please visit our website www. SpaMedica.com
JOB SUMMARY: Manage the Accounting and Finances for SpaMedica facilitate - direct accounts payable, payroll, trust account, banking relationships, financial reporting, budgeting, and internal audit controls.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or finance
- Pursing CGA/CMA designation would be an assets
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 1-2 years of accounting experience
- Experience managing accounts payable and payroll
- Ability to use spreadsheet and financial applications such as Microsoft office suits (Advance), Quick Books PRO (Advance), etc.
- Ability to generate and analyze income statements, and statements of cash flow
- Experience with budgeting
- Ability to communicate among multiple organizational levels within the practice
- Overall understanding of managed care and other issues that affect physician revenues
- Comfortable using email and interacting with Internet applications
- Knowledge of practice management and word processing software
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Accounting and Administration
- Facilitates or directs all accounts payable activities and payroll
- Manages relationship with outside accounting firm, payroll service, banks, investment firms, and other financial institutions
- Manages the general ledger and updates it as needed
- Ensures all federal, state, local, and employee taxes are paid on time
- Oversees and negotiates all vendor services—VISA/MasterCard, checking accounts, notes payable, etc.
- Manages electronic transfer of funds between accounts
- Manages Trust funds and Dr. Stephen Mulholland personal billings
- Oversees all purchasing functions
- Participates in the development of patient financial and payment plan policies, in conjunction with the Manager and physicians
- Generates and/or reviews monthly financial statements (income and expense, statement of cash flows), as well as critical reimbursement and accounts receivable reports
- Completes cost accounting for all services, using cost center allocation
- Prepares and/or presents financial summaries at physician meetings
- Prepares and/or presents financial documents for outside accounting firm or auditing firm as requested
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Develops and implements effective budgeting and forecasting methodologies
- Reports to physicians when actual financials are not within budget and recommends improvements
- Monitors cash flow, and reports fluctuations to Manager as appropriate
- Ensures charge entry, payment posting, and daily close processes are effective, and maintains internal audit control
- Performs or out sources quarterly audits of receipts handling and reconciliation
- Directs the reconciliation of petty cash monthly
- Oversees proper repayment of credit balances to both payers and patients
- Attends continuing education courses to improve skills
- Maintains patient confidentiality
- Maintains detailed knowledge of practice management and other computer software as it relates to job functions
- Attends all regular meetings
- Performs any other tasks assigned by the Manager or physicians
- This job may have supervisory responsibilities.
Typical Physical Demands
- Position requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping, and stretching. Good eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is also required. Employee must have normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports.
Typical Working Conditions
- Normal office environment. Occasional evening or weekend work.
Please Contract: Salina Arafat
Senior Financial Accountant
SpaMedica Canada Inc.
66 Avenue Rd
Suit # 2
ON, M5R 3N8
Indeed - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -