Spa Lady Employee Reviews

Decieving and Rude
Fitness Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 March 2017
By far one of the most rude and confusing companies I have ever worked for. Management is incompetent. Even after asking for information to be provided many times, it never was and then you get blamed for it. Unrealistic expectations for cold calling (100+ a day. Even though they say they don't do cold calling), will not provide you with any tools to make yourself successful, must provide unrealistic amount of natural market leads and then criticize when your leads are lacking.

Some of the staff are amazing. Unfortunately the bad ones out weight the good for anyone joining this unwelcoming team. Better have tough skin and know a LOT of people needing a new gym..
Spa Lady
Sales Associate (full-time) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 January 2017
Learning new machine's, how everything works
Being introduced to clients
Teaching and showing clients how everything is done, giving help when needed, keeping track of all paper work and staying organized
Pros
Free gym membership, friendly faces, teaching
Cons
Na
Great group of girls, awful management
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 November 2016
Definitely thought spa lady was the place for me. Within my third week of work. It quickly went down hill. I was being blamed for little things because I was never trained properly. The turn over rate is probably the worst I've ever seen.

The pay is horrible for basically managing the front desk. No room to advance in the company. At all!

One minute people are acting like your best friend and the next your getting blamed for something so silly. Especially with a environment of just girls there was too much drama.

Management does not have enough life experience. By far the worst I've worked for. The VP for spa lady is evil!
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Minimum wage, bad environment, management needs an upgrade
prodcutive and good evironment
Fitness Consultant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 November 2016
I love that I get to work while im actually working with my clients.

and my co-workers were very supportive.

the hardest part the long hours and convince people their health issues is more important then the money their spend.

I enjoy that I get a free membership
Pros
good pay, kept me healthy
Fun, caring work place
Personal trainer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 August 2016
I love working for Spa Lady. The only reason I am applying is because I have a 2 year old son and need a Monday to Friday Job. they really care about there employees and clients.
Terrible soul crushing
Fitness consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 June 2016
This job is great if you have never work anywhere else in your life and you don't need money.
Most of the time you will feel unimportant, disrespected, and put down by management. It is a great job if you don't mind pressuring people into signing contracts but you will have a very difficult time meeting your threshold for commission.
If you have self esteem issues this is not the job for you.
If you don't have self esteem issues you will.
Pros
You can meet wonderful staff members
Cons
You are a number and there is very high turn over
Awesome team environment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  calgary8 May 2016
Awesome always work together to make the v=customer experience a better one and improve on the ones that dont meet expectations
great environment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 February 2016
awesome great environment and management. I love my job there i would not leave if i didn't need a job in my field of study.
A lot of pressure at work to hit sales target
Fitness Consultant (Former Employee) –  Century park22 September 2015
Good place to work at if you work well under pressure. Must hit target sales and have to service a members. Show them workouts and etc.
Great customers, terrible management
Child Minding (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 August 2015
I definitely enjoyed working with the different children and parents. My colleagues were a blast to get to know and work with, and I will continue to grow those relationships. In the end, there was no room for advancement.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Low Pay, Not eligible to recieve benefits
Disrespectful management
Fitness Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton15 January 2015
South Edmonton Spalady is the worst and most mentally draining place to work. Especally upper management who does not take the time to properly train employees. Other fitness consultants who are also very new train you and show how to "properly" use the machines, which resulted in an injury. In the interview the manager herself says it is a constant "revolving door " , and now I understand why. It is 100% commission based and if you work over time, they do not pay you those hours. There goes your personal/social life. The more you sell the more you make, but if you don't sell to bad so sad.

Management should be properly trained, especially learn how to RESPECT their employees and members.
Pros
Great Members
Cons
No Training, Long hours, Disrespectful Manager, Drama
Low pay, high turnover
Fitness Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 October 2014
Not great company to work for, not compensated properly. Better off at McDonald's flipping burgers.
Cons
Long Hours
review of Spa Lady
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 July 2014
Great! I enjoy working there and the ladies that work are amazing people.
use of my knowledge
Fitness Consultant, I (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 June 2014
This job has made me very confident with what I know, however it was very hard to balance this and school, so I am looking for a long term stable job
Assitant Manager/ Sales Associta/ Fitness trainer
Assistant manager/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 May 2014
* A Typical days work consists Starting at 7:30 am - 10:00 pm 4 days a week and doing calling/ Mall promotions/ Staff meetings/ Selling on my days off
- Making sales goals & reaching them
- Selling gym memberships
- Managing staff
- Doing paper work plus opening/ closing duties
- Putting together Fitness routines
- Training Clients
- Getting leads by building a relationship/ rapport with customers
- I received the honor of opening my own club with a team member
- I learned how to handle stressful situations and deal with them in a professional manner
- Did calling at work on my days off several times a day
- Doing mall promotions

* I worked with amazing co - workers

* The most challenging part of my job was reaching my goals in sales and selling the most memberships.

* The most enjoyable part of my job was spending time with client ans training them. Plus I loved doing sales!
Pros
Doing what I love, building relatioships with cliets, having fun training and reaching sales goals
Cons
Working 12 to 14 hour days
over all a very good place for semi independent employment.
Independent Fitness Leader / Self Contractor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton Alberta22 October 2012
Meeting hundreds of people on a daily basis was exilerating. Learning of all of the individual types of people and their levels and goals was constent learning.Management at each of these places wea very good. since I was self contractor there were no issues at all. Co-workers were independent instructors we all got along famously having so much in common and being on the same level.I have to say that there was nothing really difficult and it was a pare of my career that I truly enjoyed expand my skill and talents.
Pros
independent, work all i wanted, being physicaly fit and healthy.
Cons
having to fill my own classes, cancelling classed when unable to fil them