Southridge School is a university preparatory day school located in south Surrey with 670 students from kindergarten to grade 12. We strive to develop graduates with a deep sense of personal integrity who have the moral character, love of learning and self–confidence to realize their full potential. If you enjoy driving, are safety oriented, and appreciate being around children who strive to make a difference in the world we are currently seeking applicants for Casual Bus Drivers.
The School bus driver will primarily be responsible for transporting students to and from sporting events, field trips and other special excursions. The School bus driver will be responsible for following planned routes and ensuring the established schedule is followed so passengers arrive at their destination on-time. The School Bus Driver will maintain the health and safety of the students while transporting, loading and unloading the students, and will ensure that all government regulations are followed while operating the vehicle.
- Safely transport students to and from sporting events, field trips and special excursions such as an overnight trip following a designated pickup, planned route and time schedule.
- Assist students with boarding and exiting while the bus is stopped.
- Adhere to and enforce bus safety rules and standards including following established policies and procedures and all government regulations.
- Comply with traffic and safety regulations to operate vehicle in a safe and courteous manner.
- Communicate clearly and interact with parents, faculty, and students in a courteous and professional manner.
- Complete vehicle safety check inspections prior to departing for any trip and document and report according to established guidelines and regulations.
- Complete vehicle cleanliness inspections to ensure tidiness.
- Read and interpret maps, where and when required.
- Report any bus malfunctions or needed repairs.
- Complete all necessary paperwork as required, such as trip and mileage logs.
- Hold a Valid B.C. Class 4 Driver’s License, along with a clean driver’s abstract.
- Ability to complete a Criminal Record Check.
- Completion of Grade 12 with a minimum of three years related experience.
- Excellent driving skills free of violations and accidents.
- Ability to remain attentive when faced with distractions.
- Ability to read and interpret maps.
- First Aid certificate, Level 1 is considered an asset.
- Experience working with groups of children and the ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, and faculty.
- Must undergo & pass annual Ministry prescribed medical and eye examinations.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send your resume and cover letter along with copies of your Grade 12, First Aid Certificates and a recent Drivers abstract with your application, quoting the position in the subject line of your email. Closing date: April 19th.