Southridge School is a university preparatory day school located in south Surrey with 670 students enrolled in Kindergarten to Grade 12. Founded in 1995 and having graduated our first class in 1999, we are a young but well established and very successful school ranking consistently in the top ten schools in the province. Our faculty and staff members have a shared sense of purpose as defined by our vision, mission and guiding principles and strive to make a difference.
As the full-time Groundskeeper, you will be responsible for the overall appearance and functionality of the campus grounds. Specifically you will maintain landscaping and playing fields. You enjoy working outdoors and have an appreciation for the environment. You value being part of a team and are customer service oriented with the ability to develop and nurture relationships.
- Responsible for the maintenance and landscaping of all school grounds including seeding, fertilizing, mowing, aerating, weed control, pest control, planting and watering.
- Monitors conditions of campus grounds and takes effective action to ensure the grounds are in good condition and meet safety standards and practices.
- Maintains campus playing fields when not in use, this includes line painting, so the fields can be used effectively throughout the year for sporting events.
- Maintains both the playing fields and the rest of the campus grounds in an attractive and aesthetic manner to show case Southridge.
- Operates a variety of landscaping equipment and assists in the maintenance and upkeep of grounds machinery and equipment.
- Prepares and submits grounds budget proposals annually and monitors adherence to the approved budget throughout the year.
- Determines if outside landscaping contractors are required and supervises the completion of work done.
- Assists with special outdoor grounds enhancement and maintenance projects.
- Supports team members and assists with inside maintenance tasks during the winter season and fills in when necessary.
- Assists in the set up required for school functions and fundraising events for both the school and the school grounds
- Certificate or diploma in horticultural or a related discipline combined with a minimum of 3 – 5 years grounds crew, horticultural or landscaping experience or a combination.
- Experience in maintain playing and turf fields is required.
- Ability and desire to work in a collaborative independent school environment where each member of the Southridge community plays a role in advancing the vision, mission and goals of the school.
- Ability to safely operate a wide variety of landscaping equipment, including tractors, riding lawn mowers, bobcats, etc.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize
- Self motivated and able to work well independently
- Knowledge and use of Outlook, Word and Excel
- Knowledge and experience with general building maintenance is an asset
- Class five drivers license
For further information on this opportunity please visit our website. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send your resume and cover letter, quoting the position in the subject line of your email to Southridge School.