Southridge School is a university preparatory day school located in south Surrey with 670 students enrolled in Kindergarten to Grade 12. Founded in 1995 and having graduated our first class in 1999, we are a young but well established and a very successful school ranking consistently in the top ten schools in the province. Our faculty and staff members have a shared sense of purpose as defined by our vision, mission and guiding principles and strive to make a difference.
As the Facilities Manager, reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, you will be responsible for the overall daily management and operation of the schools facilities, grounds and transportation requirements. You will lead the facilities and maintenance team and will be customer service oriented with the ability to develop and nurture client relationships. As a Facilities Manager you bring a strong understanding of facilities and maintenance best practices and are knowledgeable with the key elements required to maintaining a safe work environment by adhering to safety standards, practices and procedures. This is a full-time position.
- Supervise, coach and develop facilities and maintenance staff.
- Perform scheduled and daily preventative maintenance tasks and continually monitor and evaluate the condition of buildings, grounds and vehicles to identify areas that require attention.
- Responsible for on-going routine and unexpected maintenance and repair of operational systems including the HVAC, air quality, plumbing, electrical, fire and security.
- Responsible for security of the school premises including lockup and arming of the buildings and lockup of fields and gates.
- Management of external contractors, including acquiring quotes and supervision of the quality of the work performed.
- Prepare and submit maintenance and grounds budget proposals for operating and capital expenditures on an annual basis and monitor adherence to the approved budgets throughout the year. Assist with the preparation of long term capital replacement budgets.
- Respond to work requests for minor repairs or maintenance and prioritize tasks for completion.
- Manage special projects and coordinate set up required for school functions and fundraising events.
- Ensure the upkeep, maintenance and landscaping of all School grounds including playing fields.
- Ensure that the appropriate logs and paperwork for maintenance and inspections are completed on school vehicles.
- Diploma or a degree in business or facility management or a related discipline
- Minimum of five to seven years of building operations and maintenance experience
- Project management skills
- Requires knowledge and experience with building systems such as HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and security as well as knowledge of municipal code.
- Supervisory experience and leadership skills
- Ability and desire to work in a collaborative school environment where each member of the Southridge community plays a role in advancing the vision, mission and goals of the school.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, combined with problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize
- Proficient computer skills including word, excel and the ability to learn new programs.
For further information on this opportunity please visit our website. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send your resume and cover letter, quoting the position in the subject line of your email, in confidence to Southridge School.
Indeed - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard -