Position: Kindergarten-Grade 12 Teacher-Librarian
Salary: Based on Teacher Salary Scale
Reports to: Junior School Principal & Senior School Principal
Status: Full-‐Time Teacher 2014-‐2015
The Kindergarten to Grade 12 Teacher-‐Librarian will report to and work under the direction of the Junior and the Senior School Principals. S/he will be responsible to:
- Ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information
- Empower students to be critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers, and ethical
users of information
- Instill a love of learning in all students and ensure equitable access to information
- Collaborate with classroom teachers and specialists to design and implement lessons and
units of instruction, and assess student learning and instructional effectiveness
- Provide the leadership and expertise necessary to ensure the school library program is aligned with the mission, goals and objectives of the school, and is an integral component of the teaching and learning program.
- Completion of B.Ed. and a valid B.C. Teaching Certificate
- Ability to work cooperatively with all members of the school community
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Minimum of 5 years teaching experience and 2 years as a Teacher-‐Librarian (preferred)
- Completion of a master’s degree in Teacher-‐Librarianship or advanced qualification in teacher-‐librarianship in progress (preferred)
- Previous experience with IB Primary Years Program is an asset
All applications for this position will agree to have a Criminal Record Check. Please submit your application with all supporting documents (cover letter, resume and at least two letters of reference from past supervisors) with your application. For more information on our school, please see our website www.southpointeacademy.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest in working at Southpointe Academy. However, please note
that only short-‐listed candidates will be contacted.
This position is open to male and female applicants.