General Labourer – Finish Line
Come Join our Team!
Here at Southland Trailers we are continuing to grow. Now more than ever, we are looking for motivated and talented individuals to come join us.
For the past 30 years Southland Trailer Corp. has been an industry leader of trailer manufacturing in Western Canada. We have grown to become one of the largest steel product manufactures in Southern Alberta, with a customer base that stretches across Western Canada, the Territories, Ontario and several bordering US states
Working as a general laborer on the finish line you will be adding the final touches to the trailer which include installing the flooring, aluminum skin application, electrical work, roof mounting, tire assembly and the application of automotive under coating. The Finish Line is a fast paced environment where customization is key! From installing custom doors, windows, vents, heater packages, electrical packages, as well as applying custom colors. This is a great opportunity for a well-rounded General Labourer who is looking for the next step in their career.
- Apply weather stripping to ramps, side doors and barn doors.
- Ensuring decals are applied to the trailer and is smoothed out after ensuring quality.
- Apply caulking to the floor and wall seam using a caulking gun.
- General facility up-keep, maintenance and organization
- Transfer supplies and equipment between storage and work areas by hand or by use of a for lift.
- General assembly work that may require operating automated machinery and various power/hand tools
- Inspecting all assembly parts and reports defective material or questionable component conditions to management
- General maintenance of shop tools and equipment
- May be required to weld, cut, paint, and/or grind various raw building materials
- General knowledge of power and hand tools
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to work well and communicate well with others.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Basic computer navigation skills.