Southcoast Health System Employee Reviews

great company
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SC21 May 2017
absolutely love working for this company. caring co-workers, knowledgable staff and an all-around amazing support team. think they will be around for the long haul
good company
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Fairhaven, MA19 May 2017
good company, furthered my learning with medical billing. Very nice location to go walking for breaks and lunches, nice picnic tables outside to enjoy your lunch. Cafeteria within the building with fresh food.
Productive fun place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MA8 May 2017
Southcoast Hospital Group was a very enjoyable atmosphere. Overall nice people. The training provided was exceptional. I made friends their that I still have today.
Stressful
Patient Accounts Financial Reg (Former Employee) –  Fairhaven, MA18 April 2017
In a typical workday you are asked to remain at your phones and answer phones for 7 hours straight. There are little breaks and high call volume. The department is poorly staffed and the employee turn around is big.
great place to work for
Patient Care Representative-Occupational Health (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MA27 March 2017
Great place to work for, great benefits, great staff, flexible hours, room to grow. A perfect opportunity to get into a healthcare field where you can establish a career.
awful
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wareham, MA3 February 2017
Was the best place to work, until brown nosing became more important than knowing your job. Not a good place to work anymore.
a day at work
Obstetrics Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MA2 February 2017
A typical day at work . involves checking the Operating rooms making sure they are stocked for the morning C section. Scrubbing my hands, Setting up my instrument table. Maintaining Sterile technique, while assisting the surgeon during the procedure. After the case I break down my sterile field and turn the procedure room over to get ready for the next case. After my C-section I will usually help the nurses walking patients, stocking, giving baby baths, and making sure we have all the supplies we need for both labor and delivery and maternity for the next shift .
Pros
team work, Helping patients, loving what I do
Cons
short breaks, not appriciated, working hard when others dont
Terrible place all about top management bad..!!!!!
Cook (Former Employee) –  Wareham, MA15 January 2017
I wasted 3 yrs of my life on empty promises never got a raise my manager was a weasel took all the credit for our work THE don't care about the bottom of the pay scale workers not realizing it's a whole team effort of all their employees that keep all of everyday functions working ...not the guy sitting behind a desk all day sad but true don't work their....!!!!!!!! N.
Pros
Fellow employees
Cons
Management...
Friendly
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GA15 January 2017
Awesome associates and wonderful patients. great work environment. company has great benefits for part-timers and full-timers.
Pros
staffing
Great learning experience. Fun staff and great place to work.
Medical Assistant - Internal Medicine (Former Employee) –  Fairhaven, MA11 January 2017
I loved working for SouthCoast. A great learning and fun place to work at, co-workers/staff were incredible. Daily I checked in patient, thoroughly reviewed chart. Assisted providers with procedures.
Pros
staff, pay, benefits
well run company
Investment Accountant (Former Employee) –  fairhaven, ri3 November 2016
I was very happy there

just lost job due to a reduction in force

there was continuous turnover almost weekly

made for a lot of temps and quite often changing roles have to be flexiblle
Pros
excellent leadership
Cons
turnover and long hours
Caring staff
Practice Quality Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fairhaven, MA14 October 2016
Everyday The staff at Southcoast strives to do more. In my role, I apply the mission and vision of the organization to my daily tasks. I have worked for Southcoast for over 10 years and have developed wonderful and professional relationships with my co-workers, managers, and other leaders.
Good patient dedicated staff.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MA3 August 2016
The unit I worked on was a very fast paced work place. Always had your mix of patients that were either very grateful or some not so much but was always able to keep a good attitude and try to show more compassion toward those who needed extra care. On a day to day basis there was always something new to learn.
Porductive
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eisenhower Drive15 July 2016
Working at South Coast gave me more experience that I could ever ask for and typical work day is knowing that you were able to help someone. I've learned to be more patient with individuals and not let anything pressure me. My co-workers were exceptional and easy to get along with. The hardest part of my job is loosing a patient and the most enjoyable is making sure to put a smile on the patients face
Pros
Free materials and lunches
Cons
short breaks, sometimes no breaks, and work late
productive and culturally positive workplace
Quality Manager Emergency Services (Former Employee) –  Massachusetts-Southcoast Region14 July 2016
Southcoast was an exemplary organization to work for. It provided multiple career advancement opportunities and fostered a positive work environment.
Pros
recognition
Cons
Great Employees but needs better management
Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MA24 June 2016
The culture needs a positive boost. Employees work so hard and get no recognition for their efforts. With all the lay offs, halt on spending/raises, and turnover, management needs to overhaul their employee out reach efforts
receptionist
Medical Receptionist/File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MA2 June 2016
Enjoy learinging new medical procedures, company and people is great to work for with room for advancement. Helping people.
Pros
working with the public
Cons
travel time
Fair career opportunities
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MA5 April 2016
Good work ethics from staff. Loved working with patients. Welcoming atmosphere. Great retirement benefits. The hourly rate pay needs to increase for hospital support services; other than that, it is a good place to work.
Enjoyed working with the dedicated people at Southcoast.
HIM (Former Employee) –  Massachusetts31 March 2016
Enjoyed working with the dedicated people at South coast.

95 people lost jobs throughout South Coast due to poor financial planning.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Job Security. Poor financial management.
Midwives beware
Certified Nurse Midwife (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MA26 March 2016
Was hired on as a midwife at St. Luke's. Moved my entire family including a newborn from NY. As soon as I started it was a fiasco. Given the wrong schedule twice. Management was horrible. They have no respect for midwives and no clue what we offer. One of the docs switched my schedule around and then got mad when she didn't feel like covering her share of the agreed shift. I was fired 4 days later after being there a month- told "it just wasn't going to work." Demanded exit interview with HR, their associate listened to what happened and her response at the end of the interview was "maybe you can make yourself feel better by buying your baby cute little dresses." HORRIBLE. I now work at the best hospital in the country in Boston. Everything happens for a reason.
Pros
High salary
Cons
Complete disrespect for midwives, terrible management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southcoast Health System. Our community is ready to answer.