Southcoast Health System Employee Reviews

awful
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wareham, MA3 February 2017
Was the best place to work, until brown nosing became more important than knowing your job. Not a good place to work anymore.
Terrible place all about top management bad..!!!!!
Cook (Former Employee) –  Wareham, MA15 January 2017
I wasted 3 yrs of my life on empty promises never got a raise my manager was a weasel took all the credit for our work THE don't care about the bottom of the pay scale workers not realizing it's a whole team effort of all their employees that keep all of everyday functions working ...not the guy sitting behind a desk all day sad but true don't work their....!!!!!!!! N.
Pros
Fellow employees
Cons
Management...
Friendly
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GA15 January 2017
Awesome associates and wonderful patients. great work environment. company has great benefits for part-timers and full-timers.
Pros
staffing
Great learning experience. Fun staff and great place to work.
Medical Assistant - Internal Medicine (Former Employee) –  Fairhaven, MA11 January 2017
I loved working for SouthCoast. A great learning and fun place to work at, co-workers/staff were incredible. Daily I checked in patient, thoroughly reviewed chart. Assisted providers with procedures.
Pros
staff, pay, benefits
well run company
Investment Accountant (Former Employee) –  fairhaven, ri3 November 2016
I was very happy there

just lost job due to a reduction in force

there was continuous turnover almost weekly

made for a lot of temps and quite often changing roles have to be flexiblle
Pros
excellent leadership
Cons
turnover and long hours
Caring staff
Practice Quality Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fairhaven, MA14 October 2016
Everyday The staff at Southcoast strives to do more. In my role, I apply the mission and vision of the organization to my daily tasks. I have worked for Southcoast for over 10 years and have developed wonderful and professional relationships with my co-workers, managers, and other leaders.
Good patient dedicated staff.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MA3 August 2016
The unit I worked on was a very fast paced work place. Always had your mix of patients that were either very grateful or some not so much but was always able to keep a good attitude and try to show more compassion toward those who needed extra care. On a day to day basis there was always something new to learn.
Porductive
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eisenhower Drive15 July 2016
Working at South Coast gave me more experience that I could ever ask for and typical work day is knowing that you were able to help someone. I've learned to be more patient with individuals and not let anything pressure me. My co-workers were exceptional and easy to get along with. The hardest part of my job is loosing a patient and the most enjoyable is making sure to put a smile on the patients face
Pros
Free materials and lunches
Cons
short breaks, sometimes no breaks, and work late
productive and culturally positive workplace
Quality Manager Emergency Services (Former Employee) –  Massachusetts-Southcoast Region14 July 2016
Southcoast was an exemplary organization to work for. It provided multiple career advancement opportunities and fostered a positive work environment.
Pros
recognition
Cons
Great Employees but needs better management
Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MA24 June 2016
The culture needs a positive boost. Employees work so hard and get no recognition for their efforts. With all the lay offs, halt on spending/raises, and turnover, management needs to overhaul their employee out reach efforts
receptionist
Medical Receptionist/File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MA2 June 2016
Enjoy learinging new medical procedures, company and people is great to work for with room for advancement. Helping people.
Pros
working with the public
Cons
travel time
Fair career opportunities
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MA5 April 2016
Good work ethics from staff. Loved working with patients. Welcoming atmosphere. Great retirement benefits. The hourly rate pay needs to increase for hospital support services; other than that, it is a good place to work.
Enjoyed working with the dedicated people at Southcoast.
HIM (Former Employee) –  Massachusetts31 March 2016
Enjoyed working with the dedicated people at South coast.

95 people lost jobs throughout South Coast due to poor financial planning.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Job Security. Poor financial management.
Midwives beware
Certified Nurse Midwife (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MA26 March 2016
Was hired on as a midwife at St. Luke's. Moved my entire family including a newborn from NY. As soon as I started it was a fiasco. Given the wrong schedule twice. Management was horrible. They have no respect for midwives and no clue what we offer. One of the docs switched my schedule around and then got mad when she didn't feel like covering her share of the agreed shift. I was fired 4 days later after being there a month- told "it just wasn't going to work." Demanded exit interview with HR, their associate listened to what happened and her response at the end of the interview was "maybe you can make yourself feel better by buying your baby cute little dresses." HORRIBLE. I now work at the best hospital in the country in Boston. Everything happens for a reason.
Pros
High salary
Cons
Complete disrespect for midwives, terrible management
Southcoast hosptals group
RADIOLOGICAL TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MA17 February 2016
I am greatful to be part of the southcoast hospital group family. I am currently employed as a x-ray and ct technologist .I am honored and very proud to help the public and wish the best for peoples well being.
Pros
LOCALE
Productive Work Place
Triage Nurse (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GA10 February 2016
This is a very productive physicians office. They have just about every specialty physician that anyone could need in one location. Everyone works as a team and it makes the time go by quickly. The hardest part of my job was having to turn patients away due to no availability. The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction with all patients by phone and occassionally in person.
Pros
Free Lunch and Learn classes. Never a dull moment.
Cons
No regular breaks, only lunch break.
Epic Beaker Clinical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fairhaven, MA5 February 2016
Great place to work from entry level to management!
Great atmosphere and culture. Many opportunities within the company.
Watch your back
former team member (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GA4 February 2016
Worked with Southcoast for almost a decade; Management will tell you one thing and then do something else. too bad that the doctors have let a greedy administration drain the profits and push every employee to their limit. The one nice thing about the company is the people that you work with every day. Some of the individual managers are terrific, but as a company, I would say watch your back.
Pros
great staff to work with
Cons
difficult management, ALWAYS follow the trail of the money
Productive hospital group with good benefits.
PC Technician (Current Employee) –  Fairhaven, MA26 January 2016
Southcoast is a good place to work at, the benefits are great and the employees too. However, there is very little room for growth as they do not promote within , and managers do not take nor give employee feedback.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Managers don't take employee's feedback, no promoting within.
Most Unprofesaional and Hostile Work Environment
Prefer not to say (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MA18 January 2016
There are a group of people in my department who bully young, ambitious, career driven college students. Plus, I am a very sensitive person and get upset easily when there is tension or if someone is making me feel uncomfortable. I have been in so many situations where this same group of people has yelled at me, picked on me, been rude to me, and nothing has been done to fix this problem. Workplace bullying is not okay but apparently it is at Southcoast. Regardless, I love working with the patients, that part of t job is amazing, but otherwise it is a miserable, hostile, judgmental, discrimatpry environment that has impacted my life negatively in so many ways. I don't trust management or human resources because nothing ever gets done. Don't put yourself in this position, it's not worth it.
Pros
Free meals, opportunity for overtime, flexible with school schedule
Cons
Bullying, discrimination, lack of respect, lack of management