Southcoast Health System Employee Reviews

Midwives beware
Certified Nurse Midwife (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAMarch 26, 2016
Was hired on as a midwife at St. Luke's. Moved my entire family including a newborn from NY. As soon as I started it was a fiasco. Given the wrong schedule twice. Management was horrible. They have no respect for midwives and no clue what we offer. One of the docs switched my schedule around and then got mad when she didn't feel like covering her share of the agreed shift. I was fired 4 days later after being there a month- told "it just wasn't going to work." Demanded exit interview with HR, their associate listened to what happened and her response at the end of the interview was "maybe you can make yourself feel better by buying your baby cute little dresses." HORRIBLE. I now work at the best hospital in the country in Boston. Everything happens for a reason.
Pros
High salary
Cons
Complete disrespect for midwives, terrible management
Southcoast hosptals group
RADIOLOGICAL TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAFebruary 17, 2016
I am greatful to be part of the southcoast hospital group family. I am currently employed as a x-ray and ct technologist .I am honored and very proud to help the public and wish the best for peoples well being.
Pros
LOCALE
Educational, exciting, great physicians and co-workers, fun, pleasant
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fairhaven, MANovember 26, 2015
I learn everyday I work there whether I am with a co worker or a physician. I love what I do. All the different patients that come in make it more pleasurable to meet them. I love making patients comfortable to be there.
Pros
patients/people you meet
Cons
Awesome company to work for
receptionist (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 12, 2015
Day starts at about 8:30 , I'm new to working with kidney specialists but it's different from what I did in the past. Very enjoyable, high volume of patients , makes the day go by fast .
Teamwork
Finance Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MANovember 11, 2015
Teamwork was an essential part of me enjoying my job. Typical work day included vendor contact, matching invoices to receiving, reconciling monthly statements, electronic invoicing, processing checks
Rhode Island Go-Live
Go-Live Consultant (EPIC) Optimum IT (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FloridaOctober 20, 2015
I enjoyed working for Optimum IT. The SouthCoast hospital system was an incredible experience. I worked the night shift (12-hour shift) and provided at-the-elbow support to the laboratory staff. I trained the staff on Beaker along with the Rover application.
Pros
Adequate compensation, great staff, awesome site managers
Cons
Pay schedule, contract length.
Great place to work for advancement
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MAAugust 3, 2015
great paying company with longevity and advancement. I work directly with the director and several doctors on a daily basis. Everyone is very nice to work with.
charge nurse on a medicare certified unit
Home Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fairhaven, MAApril 14, 2015
responsibilty and care of 20 plus pt's on a medicare certified unit who are in need of rehabilitation and are admitted for short term care
Pros
love direct patient care
Cons
weekends
Overall a great job
Clerical Clerk (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 1, 2015
SouthCoast Medical Group is a great workplace. For the most part it's professional atmosphere n staff is amazing. My physician worked there and I have no complaints. I learned about different insurance companies and how to work with phressa. The hardest part is probably dealing with a select few of rude patients.
Pros
Drug reps bring in lunch, works with schedule, great pay for when I was a student
Enjoyable Experience and Learned A lot
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 28, 2015
Typical day at work consisted of registering patients, and assisting doctors and nurses. Had a great relationship with coworkers and learned a lot about the healthcare field.
Overall a nice place to work
Analyst (Former Employee) –  New BedfordJanuary 23, 2015
Work /life balance is good, compensation is very good, my position had little chance of advancement but that was made up for in the vast array of duties and interesting work that was available. Job was what you made of it. Review and raises were decent. Management provided plenty of guidance.
Pros
pay, flexibility
Cons
advancement prospects
A Health care organization with a great vision, and challenge to deliver in these times of limited resources.
Director Heart Failure (CMH)/Electrophysiologist (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAJanuary 6, 2015
An aggressively expanding health care system in Southern Massachusetts with a vision to provide Boston quality services to the population.
Fast pace facility
Cardiology Technician-perform ekg testing (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MANovember 26, 2014
Great hospital to work for! Managment is very encouraging. Scheduling is never an issue. Alaways extra time to pick up. Great place to gain knowledge. Hardest part of the day is to not get too atached to patients and familys. If you like a chalenging fast pace facility this place is for you!
Nutrition Ambassador
Sodexo Dietetic Intern (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAOctober 8, 2014
The job requires understanding of diet restrictions and people skills.
The management is skilled and knowledgeable.
Great place to work, just like family.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 16, 2014
Triaging patient, giving great customer service skills while working as a team player with my co-workers. I really enjoyed the fact that I worked in pediatrics watching the children grow up was awesome. Also, assisting the doctor to help kids better who were sick and just being there for the parents if they had any questions and concerns.
Pros
free lunches and the smiles on the childrens faces
No chance for job advancement in the admin depts.
Finance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fairhaven, MAMay 30, 2014
Most employees in the administrative departments have been there for 15+ years & have stagnated in their positions. No one advances, no one retires. If you are hired into a position you will have trouble advancing since new positions are not being added (due to cutbacks in costs in preparation for the new healthcare law), and no one I talked to is planning on retiring/advancing anytime before they qualify for Medicare. Their policies are draconian, and there is ZERO flexibility with most managers. The pay isn't bad, but it is also not what I would consider competitive. I've made more money in temporary positions with similar job functions, and I quit to take temp jobs just to be happy in my work environment. Oh & the cherry on top is that their healthcare insurance is terrible & only allows you to see their doctors. If they do not have a certain type of specialist & you have to go to a competitor (like a Steward Healthcare dr), then you pay "tier 3" co-payments. Their dental insurance is really good however.
Good Place to Work
Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 8, 2014
Good teamwork
Doctors are great.
Nurse Practitioners are good.
A productive and growing medical company
Clerical Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 4, 2014
A typical work day at Southcoast Medical group involves a lot of employees who are like family members to one another away from home. I meet and greet patients from all different cultures and backgrounds. Getting to know patients on a more friendlier level as the visit the doctor.I enjoy learning new material and software that the company provides to accommodate the needs and personal information of the patients.
Pros
working monday through friday
Lack of integrity
Anatomic Pathology Manager (Interim) (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJanuary 9, 2014
Job culture sounds great after a number (5) interviews but once hired on, you'll find they don't "walk the talk", lacking integrity!
Pros
pay is decent, cmo is great, cafeterias are nice
Cons
it is slow!!!!!
I loved my job as the Director's Secretary and worked with some of the most caring and dedicated professionals. I enjoyed going to work every day.
Secretary to the Director of Emergency Services (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MANovember 13, 2013
I worked in the business office in one of the busiest Emergency Department's in Massachusetts. Caring for 80,000 patient/yr, it was an honor to be a part of an amazing team of professionals. My role was the Director's Secretary. I provided clerical and Administrative support to the Director and the Leadership team of Managers, Resource Nurses, Business and Quality Managers. My days consisted of handling extremely busy calendars, booking meetings, attending meetings, recording minutes, typing, tracking licenses and certifications for all staff (230), preparing paperwork for performance self-assessments and evaluation, maintaining education and personnel files, creating powerpoint presentations, participation on several committees; to name a few. The Director and Managers in the business office were a pleasure to work with. We learned a lot from each other and provided support by helping out in any way we could. My responsibilities were diverse in nature and many of my days were filled with continual interruptions. I am very organized and work well under pressure; therefore my ability to handle stress and complete projects in a timely manner was impeccable.I recently relocated to New Hampshire (spouse job opportunity) and miss my job and the wonderful people I got to work with on a daily basis. They were like family to me and the hardest part of the job was having to leave it.
Pros
great people, wonderful company to work for, good cafeteria food especially clam chowder
Cons
so busy that often there were days that work i wanted to get done had to be put aside, short staffed hospital wide.

4.2