Southcoast Health System Employee Reviews

No job security
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GA11 July 2017
Terrible place to work. Would not work here ever again. Horrible management, nasty doctors, terrible coworkers. Everyone seemed to e unhappy while working there.
So so
RN (Current Employee) –  Chalton hospital25 June 2017
Have worked there for many years. Benefits are awful but co workers are delightful. Hreat little hospital with many great qualities. Just not a great fit for myself because of benefits
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Overworked, underpayed
unknown
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CA22 June 2017
there are many things i liked about working here but also there are many i did not like for example i did not like that i am the only medical assistant seeing 20-25 patients on a normal day but i hardly get aknowledged. When i need a day off they always make an excuse that there is no coverage hence the reason why i havent not been able to get atleast 2 consecutive days off.
Pros
1 hour lunches
Cons
not enough PTO
Internship
Medical Assisting Externship (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GA18 June 2017
My internship at South Coast was unpaid, I had to complete this internship to complete my degree in medical assisting. I truly enjoyed working there because of the children, the doctors and co-workers were a pleasure to work with also.
Pros
I really enjoyed working with the children
Cons
Internship
underpayed
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GA26 May 2017
I like working at South coast but I'm very under payed and people aren't treated fairly in the imaging department. I like my co-workers and floating to the different locations
Pros
I like working at all the South coast locations
Cons
under payed, not great benefits
great company
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SC21 May 2017
absolutely love working for this company. caring co-workers, knowledgable staff and an all-around amazing support team. think they will be around for the long haul
good company
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Fairhaven, MA19 May 2017
good company, furthered my learning with medical billing. Very nice location to go walking for breaks and lunches, nice picnic tables outside to enjoy your lunch. Cafeteria within the building with fresh food.
Productive fun place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MA8 May 2017
Southcoast Hospital Group was a very enjoyable atmosphere. Overall nice people. The training provided was exceptional. I made friends their that I still have today.
Stressful
Patient Accounts Financial Reg (Former Employee) –  Fairhaven, MA18 April 2017
In a typical workday you are asked to remain at your phones and answer phones for 7 hours straight. There are little breaks and high call volume. The department is poorly staffed and the employee turn around is big.
great place to work for
Patient Care Representative-Occupational Health (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MA27 March 2017
Great place to work for, great benefits, great staff, flexible hours, room to grow. A perfect opportunity to get into a healthcare field where you can establish a career.
awful
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wareham, MA3 February 2017
Was the best place to work, until brown nosing became more important than knowing your job. Not a good place to work anymore.
a day at work
Obstetrics Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MA2 February 2017
A typical day at work . involves checking the Operating rooms making sure they are stocked for the morning C section. Scrubbing my hands, Setting up my instrument table. Maintaining Sterile technique, while assisting the surgeon during the procedure. After the case I break down my sterile field and turn the procedure room over to get ready for the next case. After my C-section I will usually help the nurses walking patients, stocking, giving baby baths, and making sure we have all the supplies we need for both labor and delivery and maternity for the next shift .
Pros
team work, Helping patients, loving what I do
Cons
short breaks, not appriciated, working hard when others dont
Terrible place all about top management bad..!!!!!
Cook (Former Employee) –  Wareham, MA15 January 2017
I wasted 3 yrs of my life on empty promises never got a raise my manager was a weasel took all the credit for our work THE don't care about the bottom of the pay scale workers not realizing it's a whole team effort of all their employees that keep all of everyday functions working ...not the guy sitting behind a desk all day sad but true don't work their....!!!!!!!! N.
Pros
Fellow employees
Cons
Management...
Friendly
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GA15 January 2017
Awesome associates and wonderful patients. great work environment. company has great benefits for part-timers and full-timers.
Pros
staffing
Great learning experience. Fun staff and great place to work.
Medical Assistant - Internal Medicine (Former Employee) –  Fairhaven, MA11 January 2017
I loved working for SouthCoast. A great learning and fun place to work at, co-workers/staff were incredible. Daily I checked in patient, thoroughly reviewed chart. Assisted providers with procedures.
Pros
staff, pay, benefits
well run company
Investment Accountant (Former Employee) –  fairhaven, ri3 November 2016
I was very happy there

just lost job due to a reduction in force

there was continuous turnover almost weekly

made for a lot of temps and quite often changing roles have to be flexiblle
Pros
excellent leadership
Cons
turnover and long hours
Caring staff
Practice Quality Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fairhaven, MA14 October 2016
Everyday The staff at Southcoast strives to do more. In my role, I apply the mission and vision of the organization to my daily tasks. I have worked for Southcoast for over 10 years and have developed wonderful and professional relationships with my co-workers, managers, and other leaders.
Good patient dedicated staff.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MA3 August 2016
The unit I worked on was a very fast paced work place. Always had your mix of patients that were either very grateful or some not so much but was always able to keep a good attitude and try to show more compassion toward those who needed extra care. On a day to day basis there was always something new to learn.
Porductive
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eisenhower Drive15 July 2016
Working at South Coast gave me more experience that I could ever ask for and typical work day is knowing that you were able to help someone. I've learned to be more patient with individuals and not let anything pressure me. My co-workers were exceptional and easy to get along with. The hardest part of my job is loosing a patient and the most enjoyable is making sure to put a smile on the patients face
Pros
Free materials and lunches
Cons
short breaks, sometimes no breaks, and work late
productive and culturally positive workplace
Quality Manager Emergency Services (Former Employee) –  Massachusetts-Southcoast Region14 July 2016
Southcoast was an exemplary organization to work for. It provided multiple career advancement opportunities and fostered a positive work environment.
Pros
recognition
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southcoast Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval