Southcoast Health System Employee Reviews

Midwives beware
Certified Nurse Midwife (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MA26 March 2016
Was hired on as a midwife at St. Luke's. Moved my entire family including a newborn from NY. As soon as I started it was a fiasco. Given the wrong schedule twice. Management was horrible. They have no respect for midwives and no clue what we offer. One of the docs switched my schedule around and then got mad when she didn't feel like covering her share of the agreed shift. I was fired 4 days later after being there a month- told "it just wasn't going to work." Demanded exit interview with HR, their associate listened to what happened and her response at the end of the interview was "maybe you can make yourself feel better by buying your baby cute little dresses." HORRIBLE. I now work at the best hospital in the country in Boston. Everything happens for a reason.
Pros
High salary
Cons
Complete disrespect for midwives, terrible management
Great Employees but needs better management
Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MA24 June 2016
The culture needs a positive boost. Employees work so hard and get no recognition for their efforts. With all the lay offs, halt on spending/raises, and turnover, management needs to overhaul their employee out reach efforts
Most Unprofesaional and Hostile Work Environment
Prefer not to say (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MA18 January 2016
There are a group of people in my department who bully young, ambitious, career driven college students. Plus, I am a very sensitive person and get upset easily when there is tension or if someone is making me feel uncomfortable. I have been in so many situations where this same group of people has yelled at me, picked on me, been rude to me, and nothing has been done to fix this problem. Workplace bullying is not okay but apparently it is at Southcoast. Regardless, I love working with the patients, that part of t job is amazing, but otherwise it is a miserable, hostile, judgmental, discrimatpry environment that has impacted my life negatively in so many ways. I don't trust management or human resources because nothing ever gets done. Don't put yourself in this position, it's not worth it.
Pros
Free meals, opportunity for overtime, flexible with school schedule
Cons
Bullying, discrimination, lack of respect, lack of management
productive and culturally positive workplace
Quality Manager Emergency Services (Former Employee) –  Massachusetts-Southcoast Region14 July 2016
Southcoast was an exemplary organization to work for. It provided multiple career advancement opportunities and fostered a positive work environment.
Pros
recognition
Cons
Enjoyed working with the dedicated people at Southcoast.
HIM (Former Employee) –  Massachusetts31 March 2016
Enjoyed working with the dedicated people at South coast.

95 people lost jobs throughout South Coast due to poor financial planning.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Job Security. Poor financial management.
Caring staff
Practice Quality Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fairhaven, MA14 October 2016
Everyday The staff at Southcoast strives to do more. In my role, I apply the mission and vision of the organization to my daily tasks. I have worked for Southcoast for over 10 years and have developed wonderful and professional relationships with my co-workers, managers, and other leaders.
receptionist
Medical Receptionist/File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MA2 June 2016
Enjoy learinging new medical procedures, company and people is great to work for with room for advancement. Helping people.
Pros
working with the public
Cons
travel time
Porductive
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eisenhower Drive15 July 2016
Working at South Coast gave me more experience that I could ever ask for and typical work day is knowing that you were able to help someone. I've learned to be more patient with individuals and not let anything pressure me. My co-workers were exceptional and easy to get along with. The hardest part of my job is loosing a patient and the most enjoyable is making sure to put a smile on the patients face
Pros
Free materials and lunches
Cons
short breaks, sometimes no breaks, and work late
Epic Beaker Clinical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fairhaven, MA5 February 2016
Great place to work from entry level to management!
Great atmosphere and culture. Many opportunities within the company.
Good patient dedicated staff.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MA3 August 2016
The unit I worked on was a very fast paced work place. Always had your mix of patients that were either very grateful or some not so much but was always able to keep a good attitude and try to show more compassion toward those who needed extra care. On a day to day basis there was always something new to learn.
Watch your back
former team member (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GA4 February 2016
Worked with Southcoast for almost a decade; Management will tell you one thing and then do something else. too bad that the doctors have let a greedy administration drain the profits and push every employee to their limit. The one nice thing about the company is the people that you work with every day. Some of the individual managers are terrific, but as a company, I would say watch your back.
Pros
great staff to work with
Cons
difficult management, ALWAYS follow the trail of the money
Fair career opportunities
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MA5 April 2016
Good work ethics from staff. Loved working with patients. Welcoming atmosphere. Great retirement benefits. The hourly rate pay needs to increase for hospital support services; other than that, it is a good place to work.
Productive hospital group with good benefits.
PC Technician (Current Employee) –  Fairhaven, MA26 January 2016
Southcoast is a good place to work at, the benefits are great and the employees too. However, there is very little room for growth as they do not promote within , and managers do not take nor give employee feedback.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Managers don't take employee's feedback, no promoting within.
Legal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MA15 October 2015
Enjoyed my years working with senior management. Was laid off due to necessary cuts in a competitive healthcare environment.
Pros
Working in healthcare community
Productive Work Place
Triage Nurse (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GA10 February 2016
This is a very productive physicians office. They have just about every specialty physician that anyone could need in one location. Everyone works as a team and it makes the time go by quickly. The hardest part of my job was having to turn patients away due to no availability. The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction with all patients by phone and occassionally in person.
Pros
Free Lunch and Learn classes. Never a dull moment.
Cons
No regular breaks, only lunch break.
Overall a nice place to work
Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Bedford23 January 2015
Work /life balance is good, compensation is very good, my position had little chance of advancement but that was made up for in the vast array of duties and interesting work that was available. Job was what you made of it. Review and raises were decent. Management provided plenty of guidance.
Pros
Pay, flexibility
Cons
Advancement prospects
Rhode Island Go-Live
Go-Live Consultant (EPIC) Optimum IT (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, Florida20 October 2015
I enjoyed working for Optimum IT. The SouthCoast hospital system was an incredible experience. I worked the night shift (12-hour shift) and provided at-the-elbow support to the laboratory staff. I trained the staff on Beaker along with the Rover application.
Pros
Adequate compensation, great staff, awesome site managers
Cons
Pay schedule, contract length.
Best Place to work if you love natural childbith and enjoy providing high quality care
RN Birth Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA3 November 2015
I have worked for SCM for many years now and I absolutely love it. There are so many positives about working here, but I will share my favorites. First off I love all the one on one care we provided to clients. Clients at SCM get treated with such love,and respect. The attention the birth team provides to the client goes above and beyond. I love the special bond that develops between us birth assistants, midwives and parents after birth and witnessing one of the most important days in ones lifetime. Another positive is fellow coworkers and midwives including the director. Everyone is so passionate about natural childbirth and willing to share their knowledge and experience.
Southcoast hosptals group
RADIOLOGICAL TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MA17 February 2016
I am greatful to be part of the southcoast hospital group family. I am currently employed as a x-ray and ct technologist .I am honored and very proud to help the public and wish the best for peoples well being.
Pros
LOCALE
Registered Nurse, Midwife Assistant
RN Midwife Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA2 November 2015
I have worked for South Coast Midwifery for nearly 3 years now as a RN/Midwife Assistant. I have 10 years of experience with labor and delivery and birth workers. I can't imagine a better place to work at and have your babies. I am passionate about natural childbirth as are all who work for South Coast Midwifery. We pride ourselves in extremely personalized client led care. All of the CNM's are absolutely phenomenal and share their love and knowledge with the RN's. It is a completely non-traditional nursing role so there's really no great way to compare it to a hospital LND nursing job. Given the nature of the work, the compensation is fair. Having worked hospital LND for 8 years I was accustomed to having 2 labor patients at all times for the duration of a 12 hour shift. Years of this was totally exhausting. With SCM you have 1 laboring client at a time and are always partnered with a CNM and it is a true partnership. You really do equally share the workload as a team. Gone (for me) are the days of running around for 12 hours barely having time for a break and arguing with doctors. Hello boutique birthing with some of the most kind, generous, and competent people! The director has many years of out-of-hospital birth experience and she truly enjoys sharing her experiences and teaching points with all of the staff. I cannot imagine working anywhere else!
Pros
Clients, co-workers, professionalism, self-scheduling