Southcoast Health System Employee Reviews

Midwives beware
Certified Nurse Midwife (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAMarch 26, 2016
Was hired on as a midwife at St. Luke's. Moved my entire family including a newborn from NY. As soon as I started it was a fiasco. Given the wrong schedule twice. Management was horrible. They have no respect for midwives and no clue what we offer. One of the docs switched my schedule around and then got mad when she didn't feel like covering her share of the agreed shift. I was fired 4 days later after being there a month- told "it just wasn't going to work." Demanded exit interview with HR, their associate listened to what happened and her response at the end of the interview was "maybe you can make yourself feel better by buying your baby cute little dresses." HORRIBLE. I now work at the best hospital in the country in Boston. Everything happens for a reason.
Pros
High salary
Cons
Complete disrespect for midwives, terrible management
Rhode Island Go-Live
Go-Live Consultant (EPIC) Optimum IT (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FloridaOctober 20, 2015
I enjoyed working for Optimum IT. The SouthCoast hospital system was an incredible experience. I worked the night shift (12-hour shift) and provided at-the-elbow support to the laboratory staff. I trained the staff on Beaker along with the Rover application.
Pros
Adequate compensation, great staff, awesome site managers
Cons
Pay schedule, contract length.
Southcoast hosptals group
RADIOLOGICAL TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAFebruary 17, 2016
I am greatful to be part of the southcoast hospital group family. I am currently employed as a x-ray and ct technologist .I am honored and very proud to help the public and wish the best for peoples well being.
Pros
LOCALE
Overall a nice place to work
Analyst (Former Employee) –  New BedfordJanuary 23, 2015
Work /life balance is good, compensation is very good, my position had little chance of advancement but that was made up for in the vast array of duties and interesting work that was available. Job was what you made of it. Review and raises were decent. Management provided plenty of guidance.
Pros
pay, flexibility
Cons
advancement prospects
Educational, exciting, great physicians and co-workers, fun, pleasant
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fairhaven, MANovember 26, 2015
I learn everyday I work there whether I am with a co worker or a physician. I love what I do. All the different patients that come in make it more pleasurable to meet them. I love making patients comfortable to be there.
Pros
patients/people you meet
Cons
Great place to work for advancement
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MAAugust 3, 2015
great paying company with longevity and advancement. I work directly with the director and several doctors on a daily basis. Everyone is very nice to work with.
Teamwork
Finance Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MANovember 11, 2015
Teamwork was an essential part of me enjoying my job. Typical work day included vendor contact, matching invoices to receiving, reconciling monthly statements, electronic invoicing, processing checks
Awesome company to work for
receptionist (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 12, 2015
Day starts at about 8:30 , I'm new to working with kidney specialists but it's different from what I did in the past. Very enjoyable, high volume of patients , makes the day go by fast .
No chance for job advancement in the admin depts.
Finance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fairhaven, MAMay 30, 2014
Most employees in the administrative departments have been there for 15+ years & have stagnated in their positions. No one advances, no one retires. If you are hired into a position you will have trouble advancing since new positions are not being added (due to cutbacks in costs in preparation for the new healthcare law), and no one I talked to is planning on retiring/advancing anytime before they qualify for Medicare. Their policies are draconian, and there is ZERO flexibility with most managers. The pay isn't bad, but it is also not what I would consider competitive. I've made more money in temporary positions with similar job functions, and I quit to take temp jobs just to be happy in my work environment. Oh & the cherry on top is that their healthcare insurance is terrible & only allows you to see their doctors. If they do not have a certain type of specialist & you have to go to a competitor (like a Steward Healthcare dr), then you pay "tier 3" co-payments. Their dental insurance is really good however.
A productive and growing medical company
Clerical Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 4, 2014
A typical work day at Southcoast Medical group involves a lot of employees who are like family members to one another away from home. I meet and greet patients from all different cultures and backgrounds. Getting to know patients on a more friendlier level as the visit the doctor.I enjoy learning new material and software that the company provides to accommodate the needs and personal information of the patients.
Pros
working monday through friday
no comment
Referral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 24, 2012
I really enjoyed working there the job was demanding. I love my co-workers but we never got a good raise.
Overall a great job
Clerical Clerk (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 1, 2015
SouthCoast Medical Group is a great workplace. For the most part it's professional atmosphere n staff is amazing. My physician worked there and I have no complaints. I learned about different insurance companies and how to work with phressa. The hardest part is probably dealing with a select few of rude patients.
Pros
Drug reps bring in lunch, works with schedule, great pay for when I was a student
Good place for hospital experience
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MAMarch 28, 2013
SouthCoast Hospitals group, a good place to work for hospital experience. However, RN pay grade is not great. Very stressful place to work, short staffing system wide. Too much upper management strain on regular staff.
Pros
local, hospital experience
Cons
short staffing, low pay, stressful
Exciting and challenging workplace.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wareham, MASeptember 29, 2012
I worked the 3-11 shift with a variety of roles, but most recently as the administrative supervisor my day would begin with an overview report of the whole house and staffing patterns in all departments.I would assist all nursing departments with issues as they would arise, assist visitors, staffing for the 11-7 shift, staff reviews, assist with clinical crises, start IV's etc. The true lesson learned in this job was the "big picture", which I did not have as a staff nurse, The people I worked with here were some of the most devoted professionals and have maintained so many friendships over the years. The hardest and most enjoyable part of this job are the same, the job itself.
Pros
excellent benefit package, generous time off.
Cons
unable to advance.
Excellent organization to work.
Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJanuary 27, 2013
Excellent organization to work many opportunities for growth. Organization is extremely supportive of employees and strives to support the work life balance.
Nutrition Ambassador
Sodexo Dietetic Intern (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAOctober 8, 2014
The job requires understanding of diet restrictions and people skills.
The management is skilled and knowledgeable.
Lack of integrity
Anatomic Pathology Manager (Interim) (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJanuary 9, 2014
Job culture sounds great after a number (5) interviews but once hired on, you'll find they don't "walk the talk", lacking integrity!
Pros
pay is decent, cmo is great, cafeterias are nice
Cons
it is slow!!!!!
charge nurse on a medicare certified unit
Home Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fairhaven, MAApril 14, 2015
responsibilty and care of 20 plus pt's on a medicare certified unit who are in need of rehabilitation and are admitted for short term care
Pros
love direct patient care
Cons
weekends
I Actually LOVE My Job!!
Check-In Clerk (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 10, 2013
My supervisor is so understanding that I have a special needs child and anytime I need to take off for various appointments she never hesitates to let me off or question me :-)
Pros
hour lunch <3
Cons
lack of communication among management.
good organization to work for
patient accounts biller (Current Employee) –  fall river massachusettsFebruary 22, 2012
have good benefits,co-workers easy to get along with, flex hours, good seminars, training in advance areas.
Pros
flex hours, breaks are good
Cons
short lunches

4.2