Southcoast Health System Employee Reviews

A great place to work
Regional Director of Operations Primary Care (Former Employee) –  Fairhaven, MA14 February 2018
I enjoyed working at Southcoast. There was a special comradery with the other directors. I enjoyed my relationship with the Medical Director and the practice operations staff.
Pros
Collaboration and comradery
Cons
Being laid off
Enjoy working there benefits have changed
Environmental Services-Housekeeper 1 (Current Employee) –  North Dartmouth, MA13 February 2018
I enjoy my job very much.I am concerned with the benefits as they have decreased substantially over the few years I have been there. I think this is a good place to begin a career, but dependent on what area you work in will determine how long of a career you can have with Southcoast Health.
Pros
direct supervisor is excellent
Cons
fewer/lesser benefits
Productive place to work
Patient Access Representative III (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MA7 February 2018
I have been with Southcoast for a long time. I have learned so many different trades within those years. It can be a fun place to work and gives the opportunity to balance all the work that needs to be done. My current manager is wonderful. She is very flexible when it comes to her employee. The company is great place to build a career if interested in health care.
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
Short breaks
Poor Management
clerical staff (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MA31 January 2018
Poor management skills, constant turn around. Never room for advancement. No respect for employees. No empathy for families. All about money and money.
I loved my fellow nurses
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MA25 January 2018
I worked on a very fast paced, high patient turnover floor. The staff, including secretaries, aids, and nurses were fantastic. Overall, we worked well together.
Pros
Employees were great
Cons
It is hospital nursing, so it has its issues.
temp job
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fairhaven, MA 0271911 January 2018
great place to work. Learned a lot. Employee's were always willing to help. Learned all different area's of the AP department from the time you receive an invoice to be paid, to the time it actually gets paid
Southcoast Hospital Group in reference to only!
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlton Memorial Hospital2 January 2018
I would definitely say due to my own experience it is a great place to work with the advancement to learn and grow!
On the down side is being short staffed like anywhere else.
Varied opportunities available and great benefits
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MA7 December 2017
Secure positions available for those that don't mind working hard. Alot of variety available for shifts and career advancement. Great benefits and time off.
Pros
Time off, benefits, variety of available positions and advancement.
Cons
I don't have any cons regarding my employer
Certain MA's were great to work with
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairhaven, MA4 December 2017
Enjoyed the patients...loved interacting with the patients...they become familiar to you and you develop friendships forever with them...particular MD's were great working with...
Cons
No breaks as an MA
Southcoast cancer center is the best!
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MA23 November 2017
Southcoast cancer center is the best place in the world to work. May i start with the best patients!! Loving and caring here is wonderful. Medical assistants and nurses are beyond wonderful. And of course the phlebotomist!! No complaints!!
Pros
Patient care, co-workers
Cons
The pay and not enough help
Proactive and busy workplace
Team Lead, Systems and Storage Architecture (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MA13 November 2017
Overall busy atmosphere working in hospital environment with lots of projects to manage. Continuous improvement and work on new technologies with opportunities to grow.
Busy and stressful
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MA4 November 2017
busy, stressful, poor support from management/admin
like many companies, cutting back on benefits
frequently missed breaks and meals
increased call time
Poor communication from senior leadership
Director of Clinical Engineering & Technology (Former Employee) –  Massachusetts23 October 2017
Some good healthcare, but a difficult place to work. Constant rounds of down-sizing and financial pressures made this a challenging work environment.
Pros
decent compensation
Cons
organizational culture
I work alone and I like it
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  Wareham, MA22 October 2017
I work at a time of day where there is only a need of 1 phlebotomist. Management stinks and pay is very low compared to other hospitals and we are a union where we should have better pay.
Pros
working alone
Cons
management stinks, low pay
Fast Paced!
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GA16 October 2017
Overall a great company to work for, however, location is key to your success. I would recommend a specialty department or one of the many smaller locations!
Pros
Multiple Locations
Cons
Depends on Location
Worst Work Environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MA17 September 2017
The co-workers were petty, the office manager didn't know how to run an office, some doctors were inconsiderate and would show up late to run 2 hours behind and still continue to take breaks to make people wait(if brought up to the office manager we get the write ups), and SPG has a low pay rate to deal with bull.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, petty co-workers, horrible office manager
Patient Focused
Assistant Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GA14 September 2017
The environment is patient centered. The staff works together to make patients feels they are our # 1 priority.
The management is very proactive in making the staff feel appreciated.
Great Benefits
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MA14 September 2017
Very hard work.
Team leaders can be very helpful
Graduating Nurses are no help refuse to do personal care and get away with it (especially the young ones
It is a fun place to work. The administration is horrible! The only arecncered about the nursing stafff. It seems no one really matters o them.
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wareham, MA4 September 2017
I just wrote this in the review summary , it's a fun place to work, but I don't feel administration listens to anyone except nursing.They seem to be short staffed a lot. Hiring process is extremely long. Many extra hours of work is excepted do to those shortages. I would still recommend working there because it is fun. The staff is amazing.
Pros
Co workers.. 403b
Cons
Lack of concern for staff fro ministration. Except out boss. He's great.
Health Information Technology Internship
Information Technology internship (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GA26 August 2017
I completed 225 hours over a three month period working primarily with one of the systems analysts on several IT projects as described in the body of the resume.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southcoast Health System. Our community is ready to answer.