SOUTH RIVERDALE COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTRE Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent Job, Horrible Management
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioJuly 22, 2015
Pros: beautiful center, amazing providers and staff
Cons: horrible management
Working admin at SRCHC is a typical admin job. Reception and providers work together as a team to ensure that clients receive excellent care. What is very unique at the centre is how much the respective teams care about their work, each other and the clients. It makes for a great work place. Unfortunately I would agree with the previous review regarding management not respecting the reception team. Management picks and chooses favourites, its completely unethical... Management also does not like when staff have legitimate health issues, be it mental health or physical health. All in all SRCHC is a nice work place and work environment doing great things for the community with a very sour management team.
Medical Receptionist (Casual) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 6, 2015
Wonderful staff and management. I learned a new program, Nightingale OnDemand. The hardest part is seeing people really sick but the most enjoyable is seeing new babies.
a good place to work
Peer Educator (Former Employee), 955 Queen Street EastFebruary 25, 2015
I was supported and motivated by my co-workers and supervisors. I learned how to run workshops and how to be a good facilitator.
Great people and clients, subpar upper management
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: great peers, great community. great benefits
Cons: subpar management, little advancement
The employees and clients at SRCHC have a special relationship. Everyone knows each other, helps each other and appreciates each other. The only problem with the company is the upper management. They are only interested in their own departments and because of that other departments suffer. They have very little respect for the reception teams in the centre. They undervalue them and dismiss their capabilities. Advancement in the company is available to everyone except for the reception/administrations teams. It seems that they are not deemed qualified to do anything else and often looked over for advancement.
Type of Job
Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto OntarioApril 8, 2014
Pros: new challenge
Cons: not in my field
This job is a temporary part time position teaching people how to self manage their chronic disease.
Productive and fun place to work and friday lunches with co-workers
Medical Secretary / Reception (Former Employee), TorontoOctober 1, 2012
Pros: my co-workers being great team players
Cons: the commuting distance to and from work
A typical day at work would be organizing my daily task. Prioritizing and multitasking as he day progresses.

I leaned that patience and understanding is great asset in my work environment.

Management are great listeners.

Fantastic co-workers.

The hardest part of my job is the commute

The most enjoyable part of the job is the diversity of clients, duties and co-workers