Located 45 minutes south-east of Ottawa, and 30 minutes from Cornwall, South Nation Conservation Authority is located in the rural town of Finch, ON. South Nation Conservation is one of Ontario’s 36 Conservation Authorities. We are a community based organization dedicated to conserving, restoring, developing, and managing natural resources. The South Nation Watershed extends from headwaters near Brockville and empties in the Ottawa River near Plantagenet. The river is 175 kilometers long, and the watershed consists of over 4,000 square kilometers. SNC works with 15 member municipalities, businesses, developers, government and non-government organizations, and community groups to help conserve and maintain the health of the watershed. South Nation is looking for a customer-service minded professional to fill the role of Watershed Planner. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- processing and coordinating Planning Act applications;
- providing planning opinion and advice to the Board of Directors, member Municipalities, staff, and the public regarding planning and development issues;
- liaising with the public, business community, development industry, community groups and government bodies on planning and development matters as they relate to the watershed;
- attending public meetings and representing the Authority;
- undertaking official plan and zoning by-law reviews, special studies, and plans as required;
- Assisting the Director of Permitting and Approvals on environmental development matters, responding to business inquiries, maintaining and updating data inventories, and assisting in property negotiations.
- standard administration, managerial, and budgeting responsibilities.
The preferred candidate will hold a degree in urban planning or a related discipline with a minimum of 5 years related experience. Membership in the Canadian Institute of Planners and the Ontario Professional Planners Institute is an asset. The successful applicant will be independently-motivated, with the ability to effectively manage people. They will have strong report writing skills, project management skills, and excellent interpersonal skills. They will have a demonstrated knowledge of the development process, Planning Act, Municipal Act, OMB, and planning principles and practices and a valid class “G” license.
Salary will commensurate with experience and education:
We invite qualified applicants to e-mail their cover letter and resume by January 25, 2013
Indeed - 15 months ago