Contract Opportunity: Intake and Client Services Coordinator
Description of Duties:
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Intake and Client Services Coordinator is responsible for:
1. Program Delivery
- Respond to inquiries, offer referral information for other appropriate service providers in the community;
- Provide up to 30 minutes of free consultation;
- Assist the Parties in entering the appropriate dispute resolution process;
- Participate in program planning activities.
- Gather client information and ensure data is accurately recorded in the program database;
- Other administrative duties as assigned by Administrator or Executive Director.
3. Community Outreach
- Promote and represent the SIDRC at public events;
- Maintain and update social media platforms (eg: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc).
QUALIFICATIONS & ATTRIBUTES:
Coordinator will possess the following qualifications:
1. A university or college degree or equivalent training, in law, social sciences or related field;
Certificate of completion from an accepted conflict management training program as determined appropriate by the Executive Director:
i. At least 80 hours of core education in conflict resolution and mediation theory and skills training;
ii. At least 24 hours focusing on issues related to family dynamics in separation and divorce;
2. Membership in one of: Mediate BC, Family Mediation Canada or BC Arbitration Mediation Institution.
Coordinator will possess the following attributes:
1. Organizational skills: strong ability to manage and track information, implement & follow procedures using logical, systematic, sequential approach;
2. Accountability; strong ability to work independently and a commitment to excellence and continuous learning;
3. Communication skills: able to effectively communicate own ideas and listen to and understand others’ ideas with colleagues, clients and community partners. Active listening, motivational interviewing and appreciative inquiry are all valuable assets;
4. Interpersonal skills: foster cooperation, act as a positive influence, empower others and build relationships with clients and community partners;
5. Manage change: support innovation and encourage buy in and participation from others.
Additional requirements for this contract are:
1. A current clean criminal record check;
2. $2,000,000.00 Liability Insurance;
3. The successful completion of a two week orientation;
4. Sales and Marketing experience;
5. Demonstrated Project management experience;
6. Knowledge of or willingness to learn Social Media tools.
This is a contract position. The successful candidate will be offered a contract to provide 12 hours of service delivery per week at a rate of $20 per hour.
The position requires 9 hours per week of scheduled time in the office (as determined appropriate with the Executive Driector) and 3 hours per week on a flexible schedule.
To apply, submit cover letter, resume or CV and 2 references to office [@] disputeresolution.bc.ca by April 16, 2013 @1pm.