Responsible for maintaining and updating the South East LHIN website and Social Media sites as well as providing administrative support to the Communications Team as assigned. The individual in this position is expected to present a positive and professional image of the South East LHIN office to all employees and visitors, all inquiries, and any other interactions, as well as protect the privacy and confidentiality of all privileged information and activities according to the policies of the South East LHIN.
1. Manages office logistics for internal and external meetings and events, including invitations, minute taking, and location set up, catering requirements or teleconference support.
2. Under the direction of the Communications Lead, maintain and update the South East LHIN website.
3. Maintain South East LHIN Social Media presence (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube), and take the lead in exploring/utilizing other forms of social media for dissemination of LHIN messaging while ensuring accuracy and alignment with Ministry and South East LHIN standards at all times.
4. Prepare weekly and monthly Web and Social Media reports for communications and executive team
5. Coordination and development of content for Web and Social Media. This will include:
a. creating and updating Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube pages;
b. creating of blogs with input as required/assigned;
c. monitoring blogs and social media sites for comments from providers and public, writing replies as directed
6. Supports the communications team in ensuring activities aligns with Corporate Communications Plan, CEO Goals and Objectives, and Corporate Strategic Plan.
7. Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education and relevant training, college diploma in public relations, communications, journalism or relevant field. A university degree is considered an asset.
- 1-3 or more years of professional communications or media experience
- Hands on experience in the provision of both communications and engagement activities, preferably within a health care environment.
- Understanding of the Ontario health-care system, its stakeholders, programs and issues is an asset.
- Sound working computer literacy in desktop publishing, website maintenance, graphics, presentation, word processing, spreadsheets and database software.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute social media strategies.
- Experience and facility with web and design applications (CMS 400).
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize multiple, often conflicting demands.
- Ability to work in a professional, courteous and respectful manner with a variety of LHIN, Ministry and Stakeholder staff as well as community members and senior administrators and staff from external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively with internal/external stakeholders.
- Mandatory English
- Bilingual English/French is considered an asset
- Initiative/Enthusiasm (Self-motivated)
- Effective Interpersonal Skills
- Team Oriented
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
Interpersonal Contacts: Communicates clearly and effectively with employees in other internal division/departments throughout the SE LHIN and MOHLTC to obtain, clarify and discuss information required to perform job duties.
Level of Responsibility: The position provides administrative support and coordinates administrative program area requirements for projects and other requirements as needed.
Physical and Sensory Demands: Minimal demands typical of professional position in an office environment.
Travel: Driving skills, licensing, and car essential.
Working Environment: Minimal exposure to disagreeable conditions associated with a professional position within an office environment
Salary Band & Range – AS 1 $29,100 to $36,400
Deadline for submissions is September 23rd, 2013 no later than 12 noon.
For full and detailed job description visit the Careers section of our website at www.southeastlhin.on.ca
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The SE LHIN is an equal opportunity employer.