The South Calgary Primary Care Network (SCPCN) is an innovative, publicly funded health care initiative that is changing the way primary health care is delivered in Alberta. SCPCN is one of 40 Primary Care Networks in Alberta, servicing the population living within the South Calgary area. SCPCN is a group of Family Physicians, working with Alberta Health Services and other health professionals, to coordinate the delivery of primary health care services and provide customized programs to address local needs. SCPCN is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team in a fast-paced environment.
The SCPCN is seeking an experienced, organized and energetic individual for a full-time position as Project/Admin Assistant for our team of allied healthcare professionals. You will be responsible for day-to-day admin duties for the management and staff of the SCPCN and for providing admin support for program and project management activities of the Clinical Operations team. You will be required to interact effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and must demonstrate confidentiality, flexibility, and initiative.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Provide administrative support, including taking minutes, preparation of agendas, binders, reports, letters, presentations, faxes, and coordination/completion of office tasks such as copying, data entry, couriers, mail, and filing
- Calendar management and scheduling activities for management and staff
- Database administration activities, including compiling, keying, collating, and reporting
- Assist with programs and special projects for the Clinical Operations team, including administration of processes/paperwork for funding applications, administration of internal and external surveys, etc.
- Receive and distribute incoming correspondence (mail, email, faxes and other)
- Coordinate management and staff travel, meeting arrangements, and participation in industry events, conferences and seminars
- Event planning activities and coordination of boardroom bookings, catering, equipment, and couriers for meetings and assist with post-meeting clean-up
- Prepare expense reports
- Back-up for SCPCN reception, including greeting visitors to the corporate office
- Office Administration Diploma or Certificate and project management training is preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in an administrative capacity
- Experience in a healthcare related field would be an asset
- Experience with database administration and completion of funding applications is preferred
- Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to deal with a variety of personalities and situations
- Demonstrated prioritization, multi-tasking, and organizational skills, including the ability to simultaneously support multiple internal stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail and data entry skills
- Strong analytical, decision making, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work in a changing and dynamic environment that requires initiative, flexibility, and balancing of competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision
- Positive, professional attitude
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite and Outlook, plus experience with database management software; experience with Professional Survey Tools and Adobe Photoshop is an asset
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Please visit our web site at www.scpcn.ca for a complete description of South Calgary Primary Care Network.
Fax or e-mail your resume and cover letter:
South Calgary Primary Care Network
#200, 11150 Bonaventure Drive SE
Calgary, AB T2J 6R9
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Indeed - 16 months ago