The South Calgary Primary Care Network (SCPCN) is an innovative, publicly funded health care initiative that is changing the way primary health care is delivered in Alberta. SCPCN is one of 40 Primary Care Networks in Alberta, servicing the population living within the South Calgary area. SCPCN is a group of Family Physicians, working with Alberta Health Services and other health professionals, to coordinate the delivery of primary health care services and provide customized programs to address local needs. SCPCN is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team in a fast-paced environment.
Program Manager (Job #2013-03)
We are seeking an organized and energetic individual for a full-time position assisting the Director, Primary Care Services with programs. The Program Manager will be accountable and responsible for the delivery of high quality health care in the SCPCN. The Manager, will be responsible for the overall program development and operational management of the designated service areas. Expectations include facilitating change management, promoting team development, and providing overall operational direction and maintenance of budgets for the service as a whole. The Manager, will be responsible for strategic planning, identifying and responding to budget and resource needs, implementing and maintaining standards of professional practice, hiring, supervising and evaluation of staff and maintaining collaborative relationships with all internal and external stakeholders. The Manager will provide leadership, strategic direction and facilitation of safe, patient-centered care. This position requires an individual with a vision for excellent care through the education and inspiration of individuals and groups in the areas of clinical and professional performance.
- Collaborate with clinical, operational, and leadership teams
- Providing leadership, and coaching to SCPCN staff and act as a conduit for communicating ideas and information to appropriate stakeholders
- Manage specific SCPCN programs and initiatives including program requirements and eligibility.
- Develop unique approaches to address patient needs
- Evaluate the effectiveness of patient care through individual patient evaluation and quality assurance standards
- Represent SCPCN to various partners and healthcare groups, recognizing opportunities for collaboration which can then be shared with the appropriate stakeholders
- Develop and review documents, reports, and policies and procedures for SCPCN programs, including data collation, and monitoring
- Manage program budgets
- Facilitate orientation for new staff
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing or other Health Science disciplines is preferred
- Related primary care experience managing and implementing programs and/or projects in a health care setting
- Experience in providing patient care in a primary care setting
- Leadership and management experience
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Sound critical thinking, decision making and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work in a changing and dynamic environment that requires flexibility and balancing of competing priorities
- Demonstrated strength in building relationships and teams
- Experience with managing program budgets
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, and willingness to become familiar with new computer programs/systems
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Please visit our web site at www.scpcn.ca for a complete description of South Calgary Primary Care Network.
To apply please e-mail your resume, indicating your name and position for which you are applying.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.