It’s Better at the Beach! Situated near Lake Winnipeg, South Beach Casino & Resort, just 30 minutes north of Winnipeg is an entertainment destination. Since opening in 2005 we have experienced significant growth
and success from our 12 table games, 600 slot machines, 95 lavish room hotel with banquet facilities,
restaurant and lounge that offers weekly live entertainment.
Our mission is simple “To provide expert and professional guest service and an entertainment experience
for our guests that exceeds their expectations.” By having fun and dealing excitement with a strong team
that knows that the key is great customer service!
We are now looking for an experienced, hands on Executive Chef/ Director of Food & Beverage. The Executive Chef is in charge of the Kitchen both in operations as well as personnel of up to 30 team members. With the help of restaurant and lounge managers, the Food & Beverage Director controls, manages and leads the productivity, product and service that all
guests and patrons expect while meeting and exceeding organizational goals.
Some Responsibilities Include:
· Hires, trains and manages a kitchen team combined of Sous Chefs and line cooks
· Leads and supervises Restaurant and Lounge Managers
· Ensures that quality standards are delivered to guests, patrons and employees during regular business and special events
· Writes and conducts annual reviews for overall employee development; includes training and performance management
· Communicates regularly with co-related departments to ensure the Resort’s objectives and standards are
· Delivers staff meetings
· Works with Hotel General Manager on all functions within the banquet for success
· Builds relationships with vendors and suppliers for new and upcoming product and existing product needs
· Stays up to date with current trends in menus, food and delivery presentation
· Modifies and creates new menus as needed so that they remain effective for the purposes for the restaurant and banquet demands
· Orders supplies and product inventory as needed
· Administers all necessary documentation for HR, finance and future business needs
· Maintaining standards as it relates to safety and health requirements
· Conducts inventory as needed
· Develops policies and procedures as needed for entire Food & Beverage Department
· Creates new and more effective ways for ultimate productivity at all levels within the kitchen including food
and beverage department.
· Manages and creates budgets reflective of revenue increases
· Undertakes special projects and activities as requested
· May represent South Beach Casino & Resort in community relations
As an Executive Chef you would have had least 10 years of professional experience as a chef and manger overseeing multiple units while managing a large team. With Strong communication and organizational skills accompanied with a creative imagination you are able to meet customers’ needs and create repeat business that ultimately generates revenue. Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs and inventory management programs is an asset. Financial experience developing and adhering to budgets.
South Beach Casino & Resort is an equal opportunity employer and will give preference to people with Aboriginal status.
All considered applicants are subject to Manitoba Gaming Commission approval.
To apply, please reply with résumé OR mail to Human Resources Box 777, One Ocean Dr. Scanterbury, MB R0E 1W0
We thank who apply but please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We take pride in providing outstanding guest services in a fun and inviting atmosphere. This is achieved by having a team that is energetic, enthusiastic and customer service orientated.