Job Title: Assistant Controller
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
The Assistant Controller will assist and direct several facets of the accounting department under the direction of the CFO with a key focus on improving reporting and processes. This includes financial analysis, reports, general ledger entries, payroll and tax returns.
Some Responsibilities Include:
· Key focus on special projects with the finance department that center around efficiency and productivity while analyzing risk or gaps
· Design, develop and manage an integrated and paperless payroll system
· Lead, manage and direct a small team
· Monthly and ad-hoc analysis of operation
· Assists AR, AP, PR and revenue audit processes as needed
· Preparation of financial statements
· Validate quantities and values of inventories
· Assists accounting processes with the general ledger account balancing and accruals
· Assists CFO and finance team on other various initiatives
· Two years or more related areas with 3rd level in Certified General Accounting program
· Prior supervisory experience leading a small but dynamic team
· Strong communication and interpersonal skill set enabling and fostering good working relationships.
· Astute analytical skills that are capable of problem solving, ultimately enhancing the control environment of the business.
· Strong computer skills, specifically experience with MS applications, Accpac and payroll systems (would be beneficial)
· Enjoys challenges and learning new skills all-the-while being a team player
The incumbent must obtain and maintain approval from the Manitoba Gaming Control Commission.
To apply, please reply with cover letter and resume OR mail/drop off to: Human Resources Box 777, One Ocean Dr. Scanterbury, MB R0E 1W0
We thank who apply but please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We take pride in providing outstanding guest services in a fun and inviting atmosphere. This is achieved by having a team that is energetic, enthusiastic and customer service orientated.