Source Security Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Good jobs, poor management.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB31 July 2017
Working for source security had the obvious benefit of meeting a team of workers and bonding with them, leading to good, fun times over the course of your work day. However, that's where the good things end. Getting a hold of management in the cases of emergencies or when a situation came up that the workers weren't sure how to proceed was next to impossible and had us waiting sometimes up to 4 hours for management to get back to us, meaning we'd have to, for lack of better term, "ignore" the situation and continue working if we wanted to get any work done that day. One to two employees were let go at least once a month, which from my understanding was simply management making poor hiring decisions. Aside from those cons however a typical work day with no issues was fun, filled with laughs. Our job had us moving cars between point A to B and I, having only a year or two of driving experience at the time feel I gained plenty of driving experience from the job which made me a lot more confident on the road as a younger driver. That will be all I have to say about this job.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Bad management
Inexperienced management, On your own with this company!
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS31 March 2017
Personally, I left this company becasue of my disability and sources lack of caring. I was unable to work certin shifts because of my disability so source cut my hours from 40-48 to 0-8 hrs per week.

Before my health issues I received 40 plus hours per week.

Over all Id say it a typical Nova Scotia security company, They did have a decent Medical package!
Replacement guard were continuly late for work.
Hardest part of the job was finding hours to work.

personally I enjoyed working with customers and working out-doors.
Pros
Work a lone, Medical Coverage
Cons
Employees are not respected.
Pretty solid company
Guard (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC1 February 2017
I worked at Source for 2 years and can't complain. The managers were good guys and although i worked some long hours, it was better than a lot of other jobs ive had. The security industry is full of burnout no matter the company. Good company overall
Great clients terrible management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC19 January 2017
Though Source Security pays more than competing security companies the wage is not worth it. The management team, and supervisors do not have proper training when it comes to hiring employees, scheduling, site orienting and knowledge of labour laws.

A typical day at work consists of lack of communication, malfunctioning equipment and tired security officers. Due to a high turn over rate security officers that do stay with Source security are bullied into working long days, with out a guarantee that they will properly be paid for their time.

Though the company name might be changed within the next few years, the staff and enthusiasm will stay the same; subpar. Save yourself the time and stress. I recommend pan handling on the street, than working for Source Security.
Pros
Great client
Cons
terrible management
Inexperienced Management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  HRM16 January 2017
Source security has the potential to be decent company to work for if they would only take responsibility for there inexperienced Management!

When a employee has a issue or complaint the only option they have is report it to a inexperienced on-site Supervisor!
Guards have zero assistance / help from the office and most times the site supervisor!

Security guards are placed on site with no information about the site even if theirs hazardous areas.
When something goes wrong at your site its automatically the guards fault. Guards at times are made to work 12 hrs all outdoors.

If you must use your own vehicle during a 12 hour shift to stay warn and out of the weather, Source wont reimburse the guard for the fuel that was burnt while patrolling the site.
Pros
Being alone on site
Cons
Low wage, Inexperienced Management
Productive and well organized
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC8 November 2016
Had a good time, nothing was to hard to handle, people were nice and cooperative. The staff was well put together and easy to talk to. If there was a problem someone would be around to handle the situation. Great team to work with.
Pros
Free lunch
Great team
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick5 September 2016
Source is one of the best security company i worked for. The managment is good. Of course they have sometime issue with paycheck but really rare because the system crash but they send me an Email transfer right away the same day. Also they work with their guard to improve the service. Benifit are awesome. And now alot of discount with diffrent company. I do not regret at all working for them. I would said give Source a try nothing to loose exept a good career.
Source: No time for Human rights.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Nova Scotia Lake, NS25 May 2016
I've been employed with source for almost one year, when my health issues started to give me trouble because of working 12 hour Night shifts.
I was removed from the site where I was getting 40 hours a week down to 8 hours pet week. I was force to quit.

Source allows young people to run there sites who have zero Mangement experience!

Up until my health issues I did enjoy working for source.
Pros
Cons
no hr
Productive environment with table tennis table
Special Events Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 February 2016
Productive and engaging environment created by a friendly atmosphere and a safe working conditions without providing any medical health care benefits package and the consideration for employee's well-being.
Pros
Cheap lunch, free drinks
A bag of mixed nuts
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC20 May 2015
Highly fast paced. Many different events so never the same job.
Need to be quick on your feet, and able to process requests very quickly.
Need to be highly aware of all of your surroundings as well as aware of needs of guests and staff
Unprofessional
Former employee (Former Employee) –  vancouver bc9 January 2015
company is horrible to work for. Too much travel, not enough pay or hours. Unorganized and unprofessional. Ask way too much from employees but can't pay a decent wage and never on time with pay.
Pros
None of the above
Cons
all of the above
Company cant compete with others, waste of time
Staff interest (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC8 December 2014
Source Security are useless. Company has no organizational structure. Way to small to compete with even the mid-level companies out there. They don't even have a office to call people for an interview yet ask so much of someone on they're website like a webcam message and all that bull. Don't bother with this company, you wont get anywhere.
Pros
Cons
all mentioned
Good Place to work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS1 June 2013
Source Security is a nice and friendly place to work with a good management team
Great Job
Security (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC3 February 2013
This was a great job. the travel however was a bit to far I ended up spending more in gas than what i made, I had a blast doing it though.. We worked Game days at a local sports arena and trhe odd festival lots of people interaction abnd helping others my type of job
Pros
lots of one one one people interaction
Cons
distances
Fun work place and get see lots of events
Security (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC24 August 2012
Good company stand up people and co workers with great attitude and professionalism.
Very Small Firm
Event Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2012
This company has only few security guards whose very new to industry, they do only event security jobs and payments are late all the time.
ok place
Shipper / Receiver (Former Employee) –  mississauga,on3 April 2012
I liked the jobs I got but there was not enought of them to keep me no benifits