Source Office Furnishings is looking for Data Entry Clerk/Logistics Coordinator who will be responsible for coordinating the purchase orders sent to our offshore manufacturers as well as all administrative duties related to the importation of goods.
With a focus on customer service, this individual is responsible for corresponding with freight and haulage companies to negotiate transportation rates, tracking orders, resolving issues, and migrating large amounts of data from Excel spreadsheets into electronic order forms.
A. Order Coordination
- Responsible for entering Source purchase orders into the proprietary system and notifying the factories of the specific product needs
- Carry out service and delivery failure investigations and ensure corrective and preventative actions are taken
- Communicate actively with internal parties to ensure shipment details are shared and any issues are discussed and resolved in a timely manner
- Ensure efficiency of product transport and documentation by sending and receiving order acknowledgements
B. Logistics Coordination
- Manage and coordinate ocean freight logistics with shipping carriers and suppliers
- Research ocean freight rates with existing and new shipping carriers and haulage companies to haul full loads from port to final destination and secure best rate
- Release cargo arriving to Canada/ USA, which includes organizing ocean freight payments, preparing proper documents for customs clearance, submitting OBL documents to appropriate shipping liners/ carriers, etc.
- Issue delivery orders and provide instructions to shipping liners/carriers and haulage companies
- Track and trace shipments (ETD, ETA, transit times, per diems and detention charges) at Canadian and U.S. ports and rail yards
- Manage claims for cargo damages, product damages, etc.
- Strong analytical skills, including an eye for detail
- Autonomous and able to be resourceful
Education & Qualifications
- MUST be a very strong communicator in English; ability to speak Mandarin an asset
- Experience in an administrative support role, preferably in dealing with the importation of goods
- Proficient in MS Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Want to join a winning team? Submit your resume and cover letter today!
Indeed - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -