COMPANY NAME: Sound-Rite Acoustics
POSITION TITLE: Senior Accountant
REPORTS TO: President
Sound-Rite is committed to providing top-quality, innovative architectural and acoustical products. But great products alone don’t make us Western Canada’s leader; it’s our dedicated and experienced family of sales reps, product specialists, installers and technicians that gives us the edge.
When we opened our doors in 1990, our focus was acoustical products – like sound masking and sound-absorption panels. But building on the foundation of sound masking and acoustic solutions, we have broadened our scope to include a variety of interior and exterior architectural products.
The bottom line? We have an ever growing selection of acoustical and architectural products and a strong focus on providing excellent customer service.
This position consists of all accounting duties including; day-to-day bookkeeping, overseeing the administrative department and working with management on build-up of month end & year-end reports. The Sr. Accountant will be an individual who is well organized and motivated. This position requires someone that has a good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook. It is important that this person be able to multi-task, accommodate requests from team members and work well both alone and as part of the team.
POSITION DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Input Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable data/reconcile the bank
- Prepare deposits and deliver to the bank
- Generate Cheque & Direct Bank Payment runs
- Invoice completed projects
- Reconcile and prepare month end reports for management review
- Ensure accuracy in all accounting transactions
- Prepare payroll (semi-monthly) including employee expense forms
- Administer accounts receivable collection
- Perform customer credit checks and approvals
- Complete all regulatory filings and payments (i.e. Source Deductions, WCB, Provincial Sales Taxes)
- Assist management with accounting year end (with the intent to, ultimately, take over all year end duties)
- Lead discussions regarding Financial Statements with departments
- Assist in preparation of Annual Budgets
- Monitor cash flow position
- Be accessible to all employees for any accounting related inquires
- Supervise the Administrative Assistant
- Efficient in Excel, Word, Outlook programs and Internet navigation
- Minimum: 3-5 Accounting experience
- Knowledge in SAP Business One software would be considered an asset but not essential
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION / REQUIREMENTS:
- Communication Skills
- Multi-tasking Skills
- Ability to work within a team atmosphere as well as independently
- Living our corporate Vision, Mission, Core Values, Guiding Principles
- Astute attention to detail
- Comfortable with flexible duties and the willingness to assist other departments
- Interest in working in a small corporate environment
- Positive attitude
- Professional appearance
- Calm collective approach to problem solving
LOCATION: Calgary Head Office
START DATE: January 2014
ITEMS TO INCLUDE IN APPLICATION: Resume / Cover Letter
HOW TO APPLY: Please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume for review.
CONTACT NAME: Jill Mitchell
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
If you feel that you are uniquely qualified for this position please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume for review.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those who most closely match Sound Rite’s requirements will be contacted.
All information submitted to Salopek & Associates remains in strict confidence.
Salopek & Associates Ltd. is a team of human resource and business consultants specializing in strategy, human resources and board governance. We are available on an on-call basis to help you attract, retain and develop the right people and to put effective processes in place that will grow your business.
For more information on Salopek & Associates please visit our company website: www.salopekconsulting.com
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.