SOS Staffing

SOS Staffing Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
i am a hard worker
General Labor (Current Employee), Price, UTApril 16, 2013
Pros: i am a hard worker
Cons: need a job on gr
i am a heard worker and a team player willing to do anything its a fun place to work and its fun
Mom and Pop Mail Parcel Done right!
Store Manager (Former Employee), South Padre Island, TXApril 11, 2013
Pros: great people to work with, great customers
Cons: very hectic, looong days.
One day you are shipping 50k+ jewelry and you just never know what's going to come through that door.
Assembly Line Worker/ Packaging (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 8, 2013
This is a good temp agency when they can find a job that fits your schedule.
Great way to get your foot in the door
Staffing Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Gillette WY 82718March 31, 2013
Pros: a way to get my foot in the door
Cons: no benefits
I worked for this company to get my foot in the door at a coal mine. If you haven't ever applied to a coal mine it is EXTREMELY HARD to get on.
fun
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTMarch 28, 2013
Pros: easy to find work
Cons: nothing to hate
easy to find a job and very helpful when you called them for help they were there to help
oil field work
equipment operator (Former Employee), NYMarch 19, 2013
Pros: pay, benefits, schedule
Cons: travel, time away from family
pay was excellent this was actually through a company called schlumberger lots of travel and overnight stay on the well pad work a 15 day on call and 6 off
Great Place to work
Temp at Nuskin (Former Employee), Orem, UTFebruary 27, 2013
I really enjoyed the environment of this company. I enjoyed learning to prepare the meals that they offered. I enjoyed the fast-pace and fun manner that we worked.
Great Resource for employment
Temp at Nuskin (Former Employee), Orem, UTFebruary 27, 2013
I admire SOS staffing for what they do not only for companies, but for individuals. They offer wonderful places to be employed. I enjoy working with them to seek out further employment.
temp work
Cashier (Former Employee), Midvale, UTFebruary 26, 2013
temp agency a lot of temp work for different company not to friendly pepole that work there not much help finding work either
Packaging fish bait.
Packaging (Former Employee), Page, AZFebruary 14, 2013
Cons: unorganized managment.
Would sit for hours in an assembly line. Had to pluck, examin and bag fish bait. I learned that the company I was working for had distributed their bait across the world. Managment and co workers were not properly trained. Always unorganized. The hardest part of the job was just to keep my mind occupid.
Dose not get many assignments
Temp Worker (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: great time keeping system
Cons: they do not have your best interests in mind.
The way I ended up with this agency is weird. I was interviewed and hired by the client company and then I was told I had to fill out my paperwork with the agency, I was put in a situation where I was expendable from the start. I worked hard and did everything asked of me they made me feel like one of the team and then when it came time to move the – more... office. My contract was ended without warning. since then I have not been given any more assignments and when I check in with the agency I am told that the agency as a whole has not been able to acquire new accounts to send out workers. – less
Just a job
Carpenter & Concrete Formsetter (Former Employee), Rifle, COFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: money
Cons: dangerous
Just a job & a paycheck. Did not like flagging. Very boring job.
Nice place
Guns (Former Employee), Prescott, AZJanuary 28, 2013
Nice people to work with. The most enjoyable part was working with guns.
Great temporary position
Temporary Employee (Former Employee), Pueblo, COJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: great hours, great staff
Cons: seasonal work
During the summer of 2007 I worked full time with Laundry, dry cleaning suits and other duties pertaining to laundry service.
temp agency didnt know if you were going to work on a day to day basis
temp (Former Employee), Pueblo, CoJanuary 22, 2013
when i had a job to go to it was very productive and always movin. Learned different products and how a warehouse worked. Never seen managment. Had different co-workers but the ones i had were always friendly and did there work. Not knowing if you had work. Always doing something.
Don't go to SOS Staffing
Temp employee through SOS (Former Employee), Beaverton, OregonJanuary 20, 2013
Pros: sos has no pros to mention.
Cons: the list is too long to mention here. don't go to sos.
Lousy company. Did you know that SOS drug-tests EVERYONE who walks through their door, even if your ultimate employer does not require it? Invasive and disrespectful! Do workers have no rights anymore? Not at SOS.

SOS also makes you fill out twice as much paperwork as other employment agencies. One form they make you fill out asks if you're on welfare. – more... What the hell makes this THEIR business to ask? And SOS office staff treat you like just another body.

SKIP SOS. – less

Jenni41 – February 23, 2013

So, what you're saying is, if someone is on welfare and taking drugs they should not apply?

paul62 – March 7, 2013

Right. Sounds like a good reason to use SOS for staffing.

sanah – March 9, 2013

FYI: Low Blow! A lot of companies ask if you or your family has been on any kind of assistance. They actually get a tax credit for hiring you and can claim that credit if they keep you at least 90 days, hence the lack of motivation on their part to keep you longer than that.

LillyS – March 16, 2013

I agree!

productive and under great management
Heap Crew (Former Employee), Winnemucca, NVJanuary 20, 2013
Pros: break time was the right amount of time
Cons: health care and breaks
I learned many task forces such has how too work on a Heap crew and got along with everyone good.. They all gave me the help i needed for each and every other day in the work force i was pre forming.
Employees have no recourse
Worker (Current Employee), American ForkJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: supplemental income
Cons: no recourse, few available jobs, clients aren't always upfront about what's expected of you
I've worked 3 jobs through SOS in the last month. Recent assignment called to say they didn't want me back for reasons I am baffled by. Said I wasn't fast enough, though I kept up with many of the other workers and even surpassed them in speed on one project, getting nearly twice as much done in the same span of time. Was also accused of being on my – more... phone "all the time" when I hardly touched the thing except on break and to check the time every hour...I wonder if the supervisor confused my ipod with my phone, but whatevs...I watched the workers around me constanty texting or showing off photos from their phones. Can't do anything about it. The clients have all the power and SOS won't even listen to your side of the story. – less
great co-workers good environment
Machine Assembler (Former Employee), Brigham City, UTJanuary 7, 2013
Work environment was good co-workers always willing to help when needed. Work load was good with very little time off from lack of work. If a little time off was needed they worked well with you.
Temp Agency (SOS Staffing)
Mail Sorter/Freedom Graphics (Former Employee), Janesville, WIJanuary 4, 2013
They really don't do much to keep you in the job I don't like the staff, they are very rude and I personally don't like them.

About SOS Staffing

When a small or midsized business is short on labor, SOS Staffing Services answers the call for help. Founded in 1973, the company – Read more

SOS Staffing Photos