SOS Staffing

SOS Staffing Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
This is a temp agency
Temp (Former Employee), Navasota, TXAugust 25, 2013
They people were very nice and helpful at SOS staffing. I was a temporary worker during the holiday season and they worked hard to find me placement. even if it was tremporary
Operator
Operator of Haul Truck (Former Employee), Gillette, WYAugust 23, 2013
Operator of a Haul Truck at a coal mine
Cleaning and general housekeeping of coal truck.
Best Temp Agency I've worked for
Production Labor (Former Employee), Prosser, WAAugust 14, 2013
Pros: actually had work with companies interested in keeping you if you work hard and show initiative
Cons: as temp being first to be sent home early on slow days
SOS is by far the best temp agency I've worked for, and I've worked for quite a few over the past couple years.
Great staff, found me some small things to do the first few weeks , but got me into a more full time temp job quickly , 2 months later was hired on permanent rather than being kicked to the curb once the few months of need ended which is what – more... I've become accustomed to.
Worked in production labor,
SOS staff on site by far more qualified and hard working than other temps. – less
reliable company
Otterbox Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), COAugust 13, 2013
Pros: dress code, free soda/coffee/tea, and free fresh fruit weekly.
Cons: was a contract position in a will-to-hire state. varying shift times and days.
I can honestly say that after working for Otterbox i can claim to be an Expert in Customer Service. There is probably no company out there that has better customer service then Otterbox, and SoS Staffing gave me the opportunity to work for them.
good team
Security LLC Security Officer (Current Employee), dallas txAugust 3, 2013
good development team, will help to place you at posts that that'll develop intended skills
Great invorment
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), MIDLANDAugust 2, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: nothing
pioneer offered better pay,benifits,hours. And I worked for schlumberger threw sos. I rolled over perminetly in dec of 2011.
oganized friendly
procution/inspector (Former Employee), ogden utJuly 29, 2013
Pros: advancement
Cons: long hours
having new opportunities all the time. management and co workers were always nice and very helpful the hardest part was working 12 hours and not seeing my daughter as much and my favorite part was learning something new everyday
good company
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 29, 2013
fast pace work safe good nice people nothing good work enviroment
New Adventure
Senior Staffing Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 26, 2013
Pros: acquired new skill
Cons: pay
This position allowed me to get experience in human resources and learn Staffing.

Skills Acquired:
Supervisor Skills and Human Resources
fun place to work at
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Klamath Falls, ORJuly 22, 2013
I enjoyed every mimute great company to work for and great people to work with
Lies
none (Former Employee), noneJuly 19, 2013
Cons: they suck
Management says they will keep you working but as of yet no job .They call you about a job and say"I will let you know one way or another I will call you if you will interviewed for a postion but nevr do".
Signed up with SOS month`s ago and do not receive a phone call.Here in colo springs the SOS STAFFING people can care less about anyone but them selfs
very productive
on call (Current Employee), Yakima, WAJuly 18, 2013
Pros: great company i really enjoy working with them
Cons: not enought work
great company I really enjoy the staff and I enjoy working with the people
Ruger is a sham!
Temp worker for Ruger Manufacturing (Former Employee), Prescott, AZJuly 16, 2013
Pros: $450 checks every week, sos people are nice.
Cons: ruger is a sweatshop! no chance at promotion, hazardous working conditions.
SOS will tell you that Ruger will hire you on as a permanent employee after 6 months and give you a raise. It is more like 7-8 months and the "raise" is around 25 cents if at all.

They also say you will be working 6 12hr shifts. You start at 5 10hr shifts and it is up to Ruger how many hours you get, and there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to how – more... they make that decision.

The highest wages you can get through SOS is $10.50 an hour if you become a CNC operator. Most CNC operators get $16 to $20 an hour elsewhere.

If you think you will get promoted due to your great work ethic, experience, or hard work; forget about it. My supervisor had been there 5 years and made a whole $12.50 an hour. He was one of the hardest working and quality people I met there and he was making half what he could make elsewhere.

Ruger announced record profits this year yet gave their employees raises way below industry standards; 1.5% to 3% raises. I saw 6 people that had been there for years quit and walk out in disgust.

Ruger is not a company you want to work for. They don't care about employee health or injury prevention. The air quality is so bad inside the plant that several employees wear masks.

And you would think a manufacturer that relies on it's employees physical ability to handle parts would at least have an ergonomics person on staff to make sure employees aren't making repetitive movements that will cause injury. Nope.

That explains the astonishingly high employee turnover rate. If you need to work somewhere for a month or two to get on your feet, it may be OK. But don't try to make a career out of it; Ruger would rather just use you up and send you out the door. They know there are a lot of people in the area hurting for any job they can find and they are willing to take advantage of them.

The stars I gave reflected upon SOS Staffing; they are pretty decent folks.

SOS staff people have been great; the pay goes into my account every week and they are always friendly.

Ruger would get 1 star in every category... – less
Productive and busy workplace with lots of new people to meet
Production Associate (Current Employee), Layton, UTJuly 5, 2013
Pros: being able to rotate potions every 30-60 minutes
Cons: getting sick from temperature being too hot
Productive, I learned how to work as a team and how to listen to others. I learned to identify problems and try to come up with solutions. The hardest part of my job was the heat that I had to work in and others times the freezing temperatures. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to learn new things and meeting lots of new people and skills.
it was something new and fun
securtity (Former Employee), CAJune 25, 2013
Cons: didnt get paid on time
its a good job to get work experience ,good pay for entry levle .under good mangment ,
Kimberly Clark
Production Worker (Former Employee), Ogden, UTJune 19, 2013
Kimberly Clark was a great place to work and got along with everyone that I met.
To spermatic unstable work.
General Labor (Current Employee), Springfield, ORJune 19, 2013
With SOS Staffing being a temp agency the work was hit and miss and never very stable. Turtle Mountain was a good place to work, but until you were placed on full time again hit and miss
Good to work for
Warehouse (Current Employee), SephoraJune 17, 2013
This job is on your feet for at least 8 hours per day. The staff was good to work with and encouraging. Co-workers were easy to get along with.
Continuous work with Upbeat attitudes
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee), Brighton, COJune 14, 2013
Pros: flexibility of schedules
Cons: no benefits due to only being a contractor
Typical workday consists of at least 12 hours work days. Minimal breaks. I have learned to manage my time appropriately in order to accomplish th daily goals. I have learned how to coordinate shipments to help in the reduction of costs an expenses.The co-workers are what allows for the various jobs to be completed in a safe and timely manner. The hardest – more... part of the job is stress to ensure jobs are completed while dealing with disgruntled clients. The most enjoyable part of the job is the uniqueness each day provides. There is not one day that is the same as the last. – less
Not the best but learned a lot
shipping clerk (Former Employee), provo , UTJune 11, 2013
I learned a lot while i was there and will forever be grateful
My co-workers were amazing, i definitely learned teamwork there.
I enjoyed the rapport between employees and the supervisors, it was assuring to know that they put us first.

About SOS Staffing

When a small or midsized business is short on labor, SOS Staffing Services answers the call for help. Founded in 1973, the company – Read more

SOS Staffing Photos