SOS Staffing

SOS Staffing Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Kept me pretty busy
Temporary Employee (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: very easy to get time off
Cons: all positions were temp and would end with no notice
This is a temporary agency and they kept pretty busy for the most part. I had some really good positions with this company and would definitely go through them again
People are great
Temp (Current Employee), Twin Falls, IDJanuary 5, 2014
Cons: not enough hours
They are great people to work with, very kind and caring. I never know whether I will be working or not until later in the day. I never know which shift I will be working. I never know where I will be working until later in the day. There is always something new, it keeps me on my toes.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Draper, UTDecember 30, 2013
Cons: temporary work
SOS has always been so helpful to me. I have never used a staffing agency and I am glad that SOS was there. I have never had issues with them and they always find me work if needed.
children are in charge of this company
oil field hand (Former Employee), okc oklahomaDecember 22, 2013
Pros: learning to avoid sos.
Cons: wasted time
I literally had to explain what the staffing agency's role to its employees. I had to work around druggies and in an unsafe environment but the craziest part was when I told sos about it they said,"that is just the oilfield". Then when I told them I was looking for other work,they called it job abandonment and told me I was was ineligible for rehire. – more... I know several people that had the same experience.unreal. – less
Admin.
Accounts Receivable Clerk- Oil Company (Current Employee), Midland, TXDecember 16, 2013
Open and close the branch. Assist all candidates properly.
The job market is very high, and unable to keep good employees.
SR Staffing Manager (Former Employee), Odessa,TXDecember 16, 2013
The job market is very high, and unable to keep good employees.
work places where great. Not enough full time
Packaging Operator (Former Employee), Ogden, UTDecember 8, 2013
Pros: 30 min. lunch
Cons: short term work
All of the job placing sos offered to me were great. The hardest part was doing the jobs well and then getting a call saying the job is over and they'll give me a call in the future for more work.
productive
Slick Line Senior Operator (Former Employee), Doha - DokhanDecember 3, 2013
the company not have a good equipment .. and tools
-The system for vication isn't good
Its really hard for a little pay
Production Assembly (Current Employee), Prescott, AZNovember 23, 2013
I am desperate for a good paying job. the company that i work at for sos is ok. but i am not use to standing in one place. i like to move around more.
Poor Management lack of Knowledge of Jobs
Welder (Former Employee), Cleaburne TexasNovember 22, 2013
Cons: wasted time on a lie and still have the ad up
Tell you your making a wage send you for a test miles away then three days later call and tell you things have changed and they are not paying that now. Poor management no clue about the job no clue about the test. Lack of a respect for the fact that some jobs take skills .....
Office Job
Temporary Employee (Former Employee), WYNovember 10, 2013
Pros: good pay. nice people
Cons: it was temperary
We scanned papers for oilfied companies. Nice laid back job. Nice hours.
The was a good starting point for inexperienced security guards
Security Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 8, 2013
Pros: you got free meal from the restaurants.
Cons: pay check was alway late
I worked the 2 shift, my day went pretty smooth did not have any problems. I have learned while working there, to be watchful, open to what people was saying, and on guard at all times. Dealing with criminals. The enjoyable part of the day was when I was heading home
Ability to assist clients in obtaining their new jobs.
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXOctober 23, 2013
Pros: yearly branch managers' meetings.
Cons: long hours.
Worked with great local professional when assisting their employee needs.
Became proficient with industry software and payroll system.
Worked with great District Operation Manager.
As a Branch Manager, I worked long hours.
Very short term temp work
Warehouse - Shipping and Recieving (Former Employee), Arvada, COOctober 16, 2013
The view places i worked for sos were not ssecure,the people i met were good and hard working.
Amazing Company
Temporary Employee (Former Employee), Lehi, UTOctober 14, 2013
Working for SOS has made me understand what hard labor truly is, co workers were amazing and taught me proper ways to do daily tasks.
Data Entry, Creating Packets, Setting up and attending meeting
Contracted Employee (Former Employee), Ogden, UTOctober 3, 2013
Pros: very flexable they let me have time off to go to my sons graduation
I would transcribe notes from a recorder from meetings, enter data into the computer for projects that were to be reviewed.

I learned about historical homes and the restrictions that are placed on them. Any changes that the homeowner wants done, including painting, must be approved by Ogden City Planning Department.

The management was outstanding. – more... They were very patient with me while I learned what to do as I was filling in for a fulltime permanent employee who had been in a car accident.

My coworkers were also awesome and very helpful. If there were things I didn't understand she would explain it to me or she would take it to do herself if she had time.

Learning what the job entailed and trying to make sure that I did what was expected of me.

The people that I worked with, the help that I received and the appreciation I received when my placement was complete. – less
Always changing like weather - challanging and exciting
Invoicing Coordinator (Current Employee), Trevose, PASeptember 30, 2013
Pros: bagels and pretzels weekly
Cons: commute each day is over 90 minutes each way
This is not SOS Staffing as listed above. We have small groups of people in each department that worked well together as a team when necessary. We were usually working separately as most of our jobs didn't depend on each others. My daily job there was to process the bank deposits checks, wires and ACH that came in each morning. I was also responsible – more... for invoicing our office, Texas and for Canada on a daily basis. I also had to invoice for intercompany memos and if we recevied any payments for invoices to our office for them. I worked with Tricare (government)to process any contract billing on a monthly basis. Communicated with sales on issues with invoice requests and tried to resolve any billing or collection issues or application for special invoicing. The most enjoyable part of the job was to put together the pieces of incomplete information as it also was the most difficult.
Management was changed over the last year so it has been challenging. Some are great to work with some not so much. – less
Working At SOS Staffing
Production Line Worker (Former Employee), Ogden, UTSeptember 26, 2013
I really liked working at SOS Staffing. I was a great time working at Lofthouse the cookie factory, and American Nutrition the dog food plant.
My workplace
Service Desk Agent and Administrator (Former Employee), Midrand, GPSeptember 25, 2013
My typical day at word was good and i enjoyed every moment off it. I have learned allot of new programs, and to work in group. Management was also good i had great people working with me. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people in the office they were great and happy to come to work every day,
not good
General Laborer (Former Employee), Pocatello, IDSeptember 24, 2013
they only send who they think should go out anywhere, ive worked at sos staffing for many years and no work at all given to me no matter how many times i call

About SOS Staffing

When a small or midsized business is short on labor, SOS Staffing Services answers the call for help. Founded in 1973, the company – Read more