SOS Employment Group Employee Reviews

Great Place of Employment
Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland, TX11 October 2016
Serve as customer service representative to client companies and interview candidates for placement on job assignments. Exercise independent judgment and discretion when hiring candidates, identifying candidates for placement on specific job assignment and in counseling and terminating temporary associates. Ensure associates meet or exceed clients’ expectations with respect to attendance, attitude, dress, skills and quality of work. Provide Superior Customer Service in all aspects of the job.
It was a job
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, ID16 November 2016
Can't say I enjoyed this job a lot, but it wasn't bad. They accommodated me when I told them I couldn't lift 50 pound bags of potatoes, and put me on something else. It was a basic factory job.
Pros
Frequent breaks
Cons
Productive, Kind staff, learned many and new things.
Janitor/Laundry Crew (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UT10 April 2016
Tempoary job agency that game me different job asignments daily. I learned many different things such as how to trainfor different types of jobs. The manager there was a wonderful person who went over and beyond to help me. The hardest part of the job was that their wasn't a routine to follow and never knowing until that day of what I would bedoing. The best part of the day was learning and having new experiences.
Pros
Lerning new things, meeting new people
Cons
Didn't have a routine, never knowing where I would be working until that day
Lots of work for a temporary service.
Temporary Staff (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WY13 April 2016
Learned about inspecting oil field casing pipe. Was very impressed that they almost always had a new assignment for you within a week of completing the one your on.
Pros
Never doing one job for very long.
Cons
Had to travel at times more than an hour to the work site.
employment agency
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TX19 August 2015
This agency referred me to delfingen where I worked for a month as a material handler, It had more of a straight too business atmosphere. the employees and management were somewhat fair
Pros
constant movement, very productive
Cons
temp for hire, was looking higher pay per hour
Working for SOS
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT6 December 2013
SOS has had the ability to attract some great talent into their organization. If you enjoy people, you would enjoy working with some great ones there. Unfortunately, as all companies experience when they are acquired, the culture that was so loved is being lost. The structure of management is deteriorating and integrity compromises are being made.
It is unfortunate that two worlds could not be combined to become 1 better one. It is a step back in time in operating processes.
Pros
work life balance, teamwork, prior managment
Cons
Acquiring company culture and mode of operating
Multi-taskers dream
Sr. Staffing Manager (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO15 August 2012
A typical day with SOS is consumed with recruiting, screening, interviewing and placing candidates in various positions. Providing excellent customer service. Performing various administrative duties to include processing all new hire paperwork, maintaining client accounts, employee files, submitting background checks and performing drug screening. Never a dull moment!
Pros
busy, challenging, awesome co-workers
Cons
stressful, unpredictable
Business was essentially yours to run freely. So if you wanted a number 1 business, you could have one.
Management (Former Employee) –  Texas26 February 2013
This company has the potential to be number one if they wouldnt change the procedures as much as they do. Its hard to really be good at something if the rules are always changing. I feel there is to much emphasis on the data entry and not enough in the field hands on ability. However, I have gained much experience from being with this company for as long as I have. I owe it to the "real" managers that were once there.
Pros
benefits, wages, and work environment
Cons
process of merging with another staffing agency, management, constantly changing processes
No Chance for advancemt or raise
Pack Out Operator (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UT18 August 2013
They hired to work at Fresenius Medical Care in Ogden, UT. There I worked In the Solutions Pack-out were I inspected Solution bags for holes or caramel coloring which meant the bags had a leak and were no good for consumers. My management was almost none existent, they sat at the desk all day whether there was work to do or not at all. My co-workers were great a lot of them were hard working individuals few weren't. The hardest part of the job was the 12 hour shifts days seemed to drag. The only thing that kept me there for the seven months I stayed was the people and comradery.
Pros
Three and a half day work weeks.
Productive and fun work place
Temporary Employee (Current Employee) –  Price, UT22 July 2013
I was asked to work at Intermountain Electronics for temporary. I filed for them. Every day, I would look for things to file and would sort them through, I also labeled and mailed out checks. The hardest part of my job was to go find old copies and file them, it took me all day to look for these copies. The most enjoyable part was, I got to interact with my co-workers and have fun doing my job.
working as a staffer
laborer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT3 August 2015
Its not complicated work but you tend to be placed among people that are trying to get paid to do nothing, they are doing that so much so that you will always do most of the work but also it could make the whole thing harder overall.
Pros
no schedual
Cons
no consistency
A work environment that will help me grow as a person, also as a co worker.
Corporate Service & Delivery Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT18 March 2013
With over 21 years’ experience in the Staffing Industry, I’ve had the ability to learn and achieve many skills. Training different types of software programs and supporting them, provide the best operation and training to support the field so they can achieve their goals.
• Demonstrated ability to work successful with others and collaborate effectively with various departments to implement new technologies and procedures and achieve overall goals.

• Proven track record of responsibility, integrity, and commitment to company objectives, with serious focus on providing quality training.

• Initiated and assist in numerous changes and procedures to facilitate company’s needs on how to service them for effective workflow.
Branch Manager SOS Employment Group
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Dickinson, ND20 November 2013
Excellent company to work for. Insentives for office staff and management. Extensive training. No 2 days the same. Cold calling, interviewing and screening of applicants, leading and coaching office team, customer service a priority. Networking, administration, managing P&L. Best part - working with people. Hardest part - cold calls
Temporary at best
Temporary assignment (Former Employee) –  Brighton, CO26 February 2015
Not enough work options. Job assignments have serious safety concerns, which are ignored. Lifting and weight concerns were directly opposite the safety training required. Chemical sensitivity issues, were however outlined sufficiently.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not enough reliable work
Overall Review
Credit Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT.21 April 2014
SOS Employment Group has been a very good company to work for and have given me a great opportunity to perfect my job skills. The staff is outstanding in TEAM performance.
Pros
Great employees, equal pay
Cons
sold to a new company, insurance benefits aren't the greatest.
good family atmosphere where exec's know you by name!
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Mohave County AZ10 January 2013
This was a great opportunity to work and build a career. Spent over 8 years there. Great learning experience.
Pros
everyone knows your name
Cons
beginning to loose family atmosphere
It's a temp agency so there isn't much to say about it
Temporary Worker (Current Employee) –  Twin Falls, ID18 July 2013
The people running it are as informed as the companies they have us working for allow them to be. They do their best to make sure we know what is going on and that we get hours.
gave me a wide variety of work but not steady
Temp Agencies (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, Idaho20 January 2015
Thankful for the oportunities when given I enjoyed the people I worked with and felt like a part of a team
Pros
flexability
Cons
not steady work opportunities
They are fast in getting you a job.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CO1 August 2013
You can tell they really care. They do there best to find the perfect job for you and if it does not work out they will be on the look out for another one asap.
Pros
weekly pay.
Cons
no holiday pay
Fun Place to Work - Up and Coming
Client Solutions Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT12 January 2013
A productive and fun place to work. There is alot of work and opportunity. The teams could be more cohesive and less competitive with each other

2.9