SOS Employment Group Employee Reviews

Great Place of Employment
Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland, TX11 October 2016
Serve as customer service representative to client companies and interview candidates for placement on job assignments. Exercise independent judgment and discretion when hiring candidates, identifying candidates for placement on specific job assignment and in counseling and terminating temporary associates. Ensure associates meet or exceed clients’ expectations with respect to attendance, attitude, dress, skills and quality of work. Provide Superior Customer Service in all aspects of the job.
Lots of work for a temporary service.
Temporary Staff (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WY13 April 2016
Learned about inspecting oil field casing pipe. Was very impressed that they almost always had a new assignment for you within a week of completing the one your on.
Pros
Never doing one job for very long.
Cons
Had to travel at times more than an hour to the work site.
Productive, Kind staff, learned many and new things.
Janitor/Laundry Crew (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UT10 April 2016
Tempoary job agency that game me different job asignments daily. I learned many different things such as how to trainfor different types of jobs. The manager there was a wonderful person who went over and beyond to help me. The hardest part of the job was that their wasn't a routine to follow and never knowing until that day of what I would bedoing. The best part of the day was learning and having new experiences.
Pros
Lerning new things, meeting new people
Cons
Didn't have a routine, never knowing where I would be working until that day
employment agency
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TX19 August 2015
This agency referred me to delfingen where I worked for a month as a material handler, It had more of a straight too business atmosphere. the employees and management were somewhat fair
Pros
constant movement, very productive
Cons
temp for hire, was looking higher pay per hour
working as a staffer
laborer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT3 August 2015
Its not complicated work but you tend to be placed among people that are trying to get paid to do nothing, they are doing that so much so that you will always do most of the work but also it could make the whole thing harder overall.
Pros
no schedual
Cons
no consistency
Temporary at best
Temporary assignment (Former Employee) –  Brighton, CO26 February 2015
Not enough work options. Job assignments have serious safety concerns, which are ignored. Lifting and weight concerns were directly opposite the safety training required. Chemical sensitivity issues, were however outlined sufficiently.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not enough reliable work
gave me a wide variety of work but not steady
Temp Agencies (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, Idaho20 January 2015
Thankful for the oportunities when given I enjoyed the people I worked with and felt like a part of a team
Pros
flexability
Cons
not steady work opportunities
Great Company to work for.
Vice President of Field Services (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT26 June 2014
Was given the opportunity to grow personally and professional. Had several promotion within my 22 year career at SOS Employment Group.
Overall Review
Credit Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT.21 April 2014
SOS Employment Group has been a very good company to work for and have given me a great opportunity to perfect my job skills. The staff is outstanding in TEAM performance.
Pros
Great employees, equal pay
Cons
sold to a new company, insurance benefits aren't the greatest.
not great
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Brigham City, UT8 January 2014
Managers will lie to you. they will not help you with issues you may have. They tell you what you want to hear just to get rid of you
Pros
easy work
Cons
management
Working for SOS
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT6 December 2013
SOS has had the ability to attract some great talent into their organization. If you enjoy people, you would enjoy working with some great ones there. Unfortunately, as all companies experience when they are acquired, the culture that was so loved is being lost. The structure of management is deteriorating and integrity compromises are being made.
It is unfortunate that two worlds could not be combined to become 1 better one. It is a step back in time in operating processes.
Pros
work life balance, teamwork, prior managment
Cons
Acquiring company culture and mode of operating
Busy enviroment
Staffing Manager (Current Employee) –  Midland, TX3 December 2013
Fast paced working environment, recruit, interview, and screen all applicants to meet business and client needs.
Branch Manager SOS Employment Group
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Dickinson, ND20 November 2013
Excellent company to work for. Insentives for office staff and management. Extensive training. No 2 days the same. Cold calling, interviewing and screening of applicants, leading and coaching office team, customer service a priority. Networking, administration, managing P&L. Best part - working with people. Hardest part - cold calls
No Chance for advancemt or raise
Pack Out Operator (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UT18 August 2013
They hired to work at Fresenius Medical Care in Ogden, UT. There I worked In the Solutions Pack-out were I inspected Solution bags for holes or caramel coloring which meant the bags had a leak and were no good for consumers. My management was almost none existent, they sat at the desk all day whether there was work to do or not at all. My co-workers were great a lot of them were hard working individuals few weren't. The hardest part of the job was the 12 hour shifts days seemed to drag. The only thing that kept me there for the seven months I stayed was the people and comradery.
Pros
Three and a half day work weeks.
They are fast in getting you a job.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CO1 August 2013
You can tell they really care. They do there best to find the perfect job for you and if it does not work out they will be on the look out for another one asap.
Pros
weekly pay.
Cons
no holiday pay
Productive and fun work place
Temporary Employee (Current Employee) –  Price, UT22 July 2013
I was asked to work at Intermountain Electronics for temporary. I filed for them. Every day, I would look for things to file and would sort them through, I also labeled and mailed out checks. The hardest part of my job was to go find old copies and file them, it took me all day to look for these copies. The most enjoyable part was, I got to interact with my co-workers and have fun doing my job.
Working with friends
Graphic Artist/Designer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT20 July 2013
I enjoyed the time I worked at this employer, I learned a lot while I was there.
It's a temp agency so there isn't much to say about it
Temporary Worker (Current Employee) –  Twin Falls, ID18 July 2013
The people running it are as informed as the companies they have us working for allow them to be. They do their best to make sure we know what is going on and that we get hours.
contracted
Admin Representative (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WA20 June 2013
sos is a placement facility, so you are contracted and only are temporary
Cons
healthcare
high paced
STAFFING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  San Antonio TX19 June 2013
The best part of my job is making a difference in peoples lives

2.9