SOS Employment Group Employee Reviews

Productive, Kind staff, learned many and new things.
Janitor/Laundry Crew (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTApril 10, 2016
Tempoary job agency that game me different job asignments daily. I learned many different things such as how to trainfor different types of jobs. The manager there was a wonderful person who went over and beyond to help me. The hardest part of the job was that their wasn't a routine to follow and never knowing until that day of what I would bedoing. The best part of the day was learning and having new experiences.
Pros
Lerning new things, meeting new people
Cons
Didn't have a routine, never knowing where I would be working until that day
employment agency
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 19, 2015
This agency referred me to delfingen where I worked for a month as a material handler, It had more of a straight too business atmosphere. the employees and management were somewhat fair
Pros
constant movement, very productive
Cons
temp for hire, was looking higher pay per hour
Working for SOS
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 6, 2013
SOS has had the ability to attract some great talent into their organization. If you enjoy people, you would enjoy working with some great ones there. Unfortunately, as all companies experience when they are acquired, the culture that was so loved is being lost. The structure of management is deteriorating and integrity compromises are being made.
It is unfortunate that two worlds could not be combined to become 1 better one. It is a step back in time in operating processes.
Pros
work life balance, teamwork, prior managment
Cons
acquiring company culture and mode of operating
Business was essentially yours to run freely. So if you wanted a number 1 business, you could have one.
Management (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 26, 2013
This company has the potential to be number one if they wouldnt change the procedures as much as they do. Its hard to really be good at something if the rules are always changing. I feel there is to much emphasis on the data entry and not enough in the field hands on ability. However, I have gained much experience from being with this company for as long as I have. I owe it to the "real" managers that were once there.
Pros
benefits, wages, and work environment
Cons
process of merging with another staffing agency, management, constantly changing processes
working as a staffer
laborer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 3, 2015
Its not complicated work but you tend to be placed among people that are trying to get paid to do nothing, they are doing that so much so that you will always do most of the work but also it could make the whole thing harder overall.
Pros
no schedual
Cons
no consistency
No Chance for advancemt or raise
Pack Out Operator (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTAugust 18, 2013
They hired to work at Fresenius Medical Care in Ogden, UT. There I worked In the Solutions Pack-out were I inspected Solution bags for holes or caramel coloring which meant the bags had a leak and were no good for consumers. My management was almost none existent, they sat at the desk all day whether there was work to do or not at all. My co-workers were great a lot of them were hard working individuals few weren't. The hardest part of the job was the 12 hour shifts days seemed to drag. The only thing that kept me there for the seven months I stayed was the people and comradery.
Pros
three and a half day work weeks.
Branch Manager SOS Employment Group
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Dickinson, NDNovember 20, 2013
Excellent company to work for. Insentives for office staff and management. Extensive training. No 2 days the same. Cold calling, interviewing and screening of applicants, leading and coaching office team, customer service a priority. Networking, administration, managing P&L. Best part - working with people. Hardest part - cold calls
Temporary at best
Temporary assignment (Former Employee) –  Brighton, COFebruary 26, 2015
Not enough work options. Job assignments have serious safety concerns, which are ignored. Lifting and weight concerns were directly opposite the safety training required. Chemical sensitivity issues, were however outlined sufficiently.
Pros
flexible
Cons
not enough reliable work
Overall Review
Credit Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT.April 21, 2014
SOS Employment Group has been a very good company to work for and have given me a great opportunity to perfect my job skills. The staff is outstanding in TEAM performance.
Pros
great employees, equal pay
Cons
sold to a new company, insurance benefits aren't the greatest.
Great Company to work for.
Vice President of Field Services (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 26, 2014
Was given the opportunity to grow personally and professional. Had several promotion within my 22 year career at SOS Employment Group.
A work environment that will help me grow as a person, also as a co worker.
Corporate Service & Delivery Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 18, 2013
With over 21 years’ experience in the Staffing Industry, I’ve had the ability to learn and achieve many skills. Training different types of software programs and supporting them, provide the best operation and training to support the field so they can achieve their goals.
• Demonstrated ability to work successful with others and collaborate effectively with various departments to implement new technologies and procedures and achieve overall goals.

• Proven track record of responsibility, integrity, and commitment to company objectives, with serious focus on providing quality training.

• Initiated and assist in numerous changes and procedures to facilitate company’s needs on how to service them for effective workflow.
good family atmosphere where exec's know you by name!
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Mohave County AZJanuary 10, 2013
This was a great opportunity to work and build a career. Spent over 8 years there. Great learning experience.
Pros
everyone knows your name
Cons
beginning to loose family atmosphere
gave me a wide variety of work but not steady
Temp Agencies (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IdahoJanuary 20, 2015
Thankful for the oportunities when given I enjoyed the people I worked with and felt like a part of a team
Pros
flexability
Cons
not steady work opportunities
Fun Place to Work - Up and Coming
Client Solutions Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 12, 2013
A productive and fun place to work. There is alot of work and opportunity. The teams could be more cohesive and less competitive with each other
not great
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Brigham City, UTJanuary 8, 2014
Managers will lie to you. they will not help you with issues you may have. They tell you what you want to hear just to get rid of you
Pros
easy work
Cons
management
Great place to work for if you are a fit
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 6, 2012
Hardest part is trying to find a position for every employee
Pros
career advancement and bonuses
Cons
junior high attitude
Multi-taskers dream
Sr. Staffing Manager (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 15, 2012
A typical day with SOS is consumed with recruiting, screening, interviewing and placing candidates in various positions. Providing excellent customer service. Performing various administrative duties to include processing all new hire paperwork, maintaining client accounts, employee files, submitting background checks and performing drug screening. Never a dull moment!
Pros
busy, challenging, awesome co-workers
Cons
stressful, unpredictable
Productive and fun work place
Temporary Employee (Current Employee) –  Price, UTJuly 22, 2013
I was asked to work at Intermountain Electronics for temporary. I filed for them. Every day, I would look for things to file and would sort them through, I also labeled and mailed out checks. The hardest part of my job was to go find old copies and file them, it took me all day to look for these copies. The most enjoyable part was, I got to interact with my co-workers and have fun doing my job.
Good, Helpful
On-call temporary office stuff member (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WAApril 19, 2013
Good, Mostly your on call but it has good jobs.
Sometimes there was very little jobs, but when there were jobs they are good jobs that pay good.
They are fast in getting you a job.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COAugust 1, 2013
You can tell they really care. They do there best to find the perfect job for you and if it does not work out they will be on the look out for another one asap.
Pros
weekly pay.
Cons
no holiday pay