*CANDIDATES APPLYING MUST HAVE RECENT/CURRENT BANKING*
This position carries responsibility for the timely and accurate assessment, and approval of models used in the Enterprise. The Vetting/Review/Validation activities include but is not limited to reviewing model documentation; assessing key assumptions, including qualitative and expert judgement, logic and conceptual soundness; assessing the quality of the data for model development as well as inputs to the model; replication; conduct of various tests; documentation of findings in a Vetting Report; confirming correct model implementation and determining the appropriateness of the use of model output.
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
- A minimum of 1 year (ideally 3 years) derivatives modelling experience specifically on risk model is required.
- Proven programming skills in C++ on numerical solutions is a must.
- An excellent knowledge of financial derivative products, specific to either counterparty credit risk, value at risk, issue risk would be an asset.
- In-depth knowledge of industry best practices and good understanding of Basel and other regulatory requirements is an asset
- The position requires both technical and business skills: including quantitative, programming, communication, client and project management skills. A keen business sense is required to quickly understand the wide-ranging requirements of different vetting projects. There is also a high emphasis on strong written and verbal communication skills. The candidate must also be a team player.
- The candidate should also possess and demonstrate a high achievement orientation and strong quantitative skills.
Education and Accreditations:
- The ideal candidate will at a minimum hold a Master degree in a quantitative field (Math/Math Finance/Physics/Engineering)
- A Ph. D in math, sciences, economics, or finance would be an asset
Founded in 1981, Soroc Technology Inc. is a North American technology solutions and services provider that helps companies plan, architect,...