Sony

Sony Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
it was ok
Packer (Former Employee), Carol Stream, ILNovember 1, 2013
Pros: dont remember
Cons: supervisor rude
I had a young supervisor. he didn't know what he was doing. he was very rude to the females. co workers were great.
Knowledge gaining company & very proud of working in sony.
SONY AS A SHOP FLOOR ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Chennai, TNOctober 28, 2013
Good working experience.
Good management.
Good products.
Gained more knowledge about the products.
Team of Creative Talented Minds
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 22, 2013
Pros: recognition from direct report and dept/team
Cons: short notice in meetings agenda/material to provide in this working creative environment
•a typical day at work:
Take charge of all administrative responsibilities for the executives, i.e. managing heavy calendar of meetings, travel accommodations, meeting meterials/agenda, review and manage executive's email periodically through the day, cater to executive's lunch/breaks assuring they are met each day, upkeep department documentations – more... when needed.

•what you learned:
You have to own the role/position and always be 3 steps ahead of the executives you support 24/7.

•the hardest part of the job:
Changes to executive's meetings the day of that are short notice requiring material and/or a presentation in discussion.

•the most enjoyable part of the job:
I admire the creativity and talent each member in our team contribute to the brand of Sony. Every piece of work has been a great reflection of the company and I'm proud to say I was part of this amazing creative team of talents. =) – less
I am a hard worker
warehouse (Former Employee), enfieldOctober 21, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: over 12 hours
I worked as shelf filler in warehouse lifting as well. It was long hours and hard job.
Routine procedures
Supervisor, Logistics Services (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 20, 2013
Pros: being able to purchase sony product at a discount
Cons: constantly reminded of union procedures
Making sure that "AIR" and special deliveries were the priorities at the beginning of each shift and that this was completed in a very timely manner. I learned that there are MANY ways to insure that containers hauling the products were packed to maximize efficiency and to save costs. Co-workers were extremely attentative and observed actions by superiors, – more... subordinates, and peers alike. Consistency was vital! The hardest part of the job not being able to physically assist in any aspect of jobs deemed "worker" responsibilities. The most enjoyable part was being directly responsible for the many (and varied) social functions that brought the entire group together for fun. – less
ok
Line Worker (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INOctober 19, 2013
I loved working hard and producing quality movies, cds and loved the environment.
Good health benefits and a clean working environment
Process Analysis (Current Employee), Terre Haute, INOctober 18, 2013
Pros: clean work environment
Cons: lack of integrity displayed by many of the co-workers.
9 -10 hr work days M-F where business management skills are applied daily. Learned Six Sigma DMAIC methodology where I am able to apply to current projects I am involved with. Management team works well with team and has an open door policy. Co-works seem to work well together. The hardest part of the job is trying to advance in ones carrier, there – more... seems to be a "who you know" policy in order to advance ones career. The most enjoyable part is completing a project that helps save the company money and increases productivity.

I place much value in ones integrity, I like to say, "True integrity implies you do what is right when no one is looking." – less
Fun.
Musician/Tour Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 17, 2013
Best time of my life? Maybe.Nothing like touring the world and playing YOUR own music. If you can do this I highly recommend it!
Excellent company to work for
Marketing Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 16, 2013
Pros: excellent experience
Cons: sorry to see the branch close.
• Responsible for creating, implementing and overseeing all marketing and promotional activities at all record retail accounts in the Northwest region of the United States.

• Responsible for hiring, training and maintaining a regional staff 12 of marketing representatives, six independent college representatives and four branch office administrative – more... assistants.

• Responsible for maintaining regional budget for all promotional and marketing activities throughout the Northwestern region as set forth by label and distribution companies.

• Responsible for all product presentations to local and regional retail managers, set-up of artist in-store appearances as well as directing on-site sales and artist meet & greet events at musical performances and concerts.

• Responsible for maintaining regional budget for sales, marketing and media advertising for entire Northwestern region of the United States.

• Duties included product presentations, new release solicitation, maintaining stock levels on all product lines through marketing, promotional and media advertising support.

• Responsible for implementing and conducting marketing campaigns through local promotional activities based on radio airplay, overall sales and community demographics. – less
A great work environment, period!
P. R. and Marketing Department/Sales - Internship (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: intellectually safe work environment, freedom to be creative
Cons: slow days
As an intern, I entered work each day ready to learn and be challenged, and SONY/RED did just that! I felt as if I had the freedom to control my own work, but also could contribute to a group of hardworking people who were interested in the same fields as I was!
I am SAP Security Consultant and have an experience of 4.6 Years
Senior Project Engineer (Former Employee), BangaloreSeptember 22, 2013
I am working with Wipro Technologies as a SAp Security consultant . I ahve an experience of 4.6 Years . I have learned how to improve myself everyday and be more focussed towars my goal.
Technical PC Support
Call Center Computer Services Technician (Former Employee), Clovis, CASeptember 12, 2013
Pros: management was knowledgeable about the equipment being serviced
Callflow is usually steady, customers are more agreeable than usual.

Learned more about wireless technology and how to guide a customer through difficult services over the phone with ease.

The most enjoyable part of the job was completing calls where the customer was sure it would be an expensive repair and turned out to be a relatively easy fix.
Place to learn and explore more for our knowledge
SAP Security Analyst (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILSeptember 11, 2013
Many of the employees help each other out, and there is very little animosity in the workplace. It's a very positive space and very laid back.

For the most part, the moral is up, until the end of each quarter when pretty much everyone freaks out because they haven't met their quota yet. Once that starts happening, the stress and competition build.
Great Company
Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 9, 2013
Pros: discounts on sony product
Cons: culture is always changing and if management doesn't like you your fired
Sony is a great company but it lacks innovation, they still make great products but they haven't had a game changer in awhile etc. iPhone, iPod, GoPro, they ride the waves of other companies. Besides Playstation I think they need to go back and re-think what they really want to be
productive and fun work place
Forklift driver (Former Employee), carson caSeptember 9, 2013
i've learn how to drive cherry picker and stand up lift did lots inventory
na
Gage Technician (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, PASeptember 7, 2013
Cons: companhy closed
company closed in 1986, repaired electro/mechanical equipment.
Micro Management Hell
ART DIRECTOR (Former Employee), Culver City, CASeptember 5, 2013
Pros: working on the sony lot
Cons: management
The supervisor we have has been there a long time, about 10 years. The problem, is that she worked her way up from the bottom..and has no training or skills in management. The guy above her is new and just lets her do her thing while he coasts through his cushy job and day dreams while he writes on the side. This supervisor only knows how to micro manage, – more... she somehow feels that the whole company will collapse without her OCD level of input and detail. When she is on vacation the place runs smoother and with less stress. Her team mocks her and laughs at her when she leaves the room. She needs training in people management. Some bad managers rule with carrot and stick. With her it is all stick – less
Fast paced work but good enviorment
WEARHOUSE WORKER (Former Employee), Romeoville, ILAugust 30, 2013
It was a fast paced,no time for you to rest or loose concentration, But the job was easy
Fun company to work for!
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 28, 2013
Great place to be but not a lot of opportunity to move up. Fun staff and you will enjoy coming to work every day!
writing and recording music or some of the greatest artist of today
Recording Artist/Writer (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 28, 2013
Pros: doing what i love
Cons: it ended.
I was a ghost writer for some of todays popular R&B and soul singers. I was able to keep up with my own supervision as long as I wrote and recorded quality records. I was in charge of my own tour routing and was given a set budget to market and promote. I loved working with the artist as well as the company. Music has always been one of my dreams so – more... being placed in position to do what I loved was amazing. – less

About Sony

Sony is synonymous with consumer electronics. It's especially big in TVs and game consoles like PlayStation3. Officially named – Read more