Sony Employee Reviews

excellent training
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS22 February 2014
good place to work , many courses provided to inprove technical level
Pros
training
Cons
low wages
Fun to work
Asst. Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary Alberta17 February 2014
Always excited to come to work. Company recognizes your ability and consider you as part of the family.
Company's concern is sales
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 November 2013
Comapny's concern is always the bottom line. That is why no one stays for a long time.
A day at Sony
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 September 2014
Involved in all aspects of the day to day business of a retail store.
a positive working environment at Sony
Financial Analyst / Lease Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 April 2014
My job at Sony is quite busy as I take up dual set of responsibilities as Financial Analyst & Retail Lease Administrator. A typical day starts with check and answer emails to internal & external customers first thing in the morning. Review some expense GLs, run reports, do analysis to resolve some issues either from system or from customers especially leasing related issues..
Time management is important, so always learn to make good use of time and be productive, and meet deadlines. However fun part is not ignored balanced work & fun is always encouraged so I would sometimes watch other co-workers play foosball for 15 minutes during my lunch hour.
Overall management in my group is positive and supportive to staff. The management behavior helps encourage the staff to excel in the job and stay loyal, open & accept different opinions.
The world is not perfect though, when you see deadline approaches and some hiccups in the system that some productivity hours or days lost while my job submission deadline did not get extended. Work overtime is unavoidable in this situation.
I like my job. It's interesting. My job is not just number crunching, it requires analytical skill to understand the business and the trend as historical part helps give the prediction in forecast or budget..
Productive and Fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON8 June 2014
I consider working for Sony of my greatest learning experiences within my 5 years Retail Sales experience. I appreciated the company and could genuinely get behind the products and services they sold. And, every customer was a great learning experience and easy to uphold a good sales relationship with.

The team I worked with was phenomenal. They were all great team players and genuinely loved seeing everyone in the store do well. I was brought in to help train them in a new retail sales venture of selling Sony smart-phones with Rogers Services (Smart phone plans; 3 yr). They held a huge variety of product of which really helped me learn how to pick out a customers needs to a truly specific point, instead of just generalizing a small number of products from a variety of manufacturers.

The most challenging thing was that this is the only company that really tracked their sales reps 'erosion" percentage; as individuals we had to be monitoring and maintaining good sales targets without destroying the gross margin on the product(s) in question. On of the only retailers I've ever heard or seen of tracking it in this manner.

It was a disappointment that the store was closing as we tried to grasp for positions in the company, many of us took the opportunity (and severance package) and tried to expand into other sales fields.
Pros
Positive Environment
Cons
Short experience
Retraiter de chez Sony du Canada apres 22 ans
Directeur de compte majeur (Former Employee) –  Montreal-ouest, QC11 October 2016
La technologie évolue et ceci à continuée a maintenir ma passion et ma jeunesse.

La pression est constante dans un marcher difficile, mais le support de l’équipe est omniprésent!

C’est un temps de ma vie qui restera à toujours marquer. Bonne chance à la relève !
Pros
Route et nouveautés
Cons
Pression et marché extrêmement compétitif
Bon evironnement de travail
Assitant gérant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 August 2016
Tres bonne compagnie reconnue par tous , Ils ont du fermer leur chaine de magasin
Une journée dans mon poste de coordonnatrice
Coordonnatrice régional (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 October 2014
Avec mon équipe, nous avons assurer d'être les ambassadeurs de la marque au détail a travers la province. Avec la compétition toujours intense et présente, nous assurions de bien éduquer le personnels afin qu'ils puissent à leurs tour, devenir nos ambassadeurs avec leurs clientéles. Nos clients, magasins d'électronique, étaient visités régulièrement afin d'assurer une présence et en emplacement de choix pour notre marque. Stratégies, négociations, étaient des tâches régulières de tous les jours, et ce, afin d'assurer une mise en marché et un emplacement de premier choix.
Pros
l'échange avec les clients afin d'arriver à un point d'accord commun
Cons
restrictions au niveau des détaillants et leurs système de commandes
Environnement agréable et productif.
Technicien en électronique (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 November 2015
Sous-contractant de Sony, j'effectuait les réparations de caméras et d'écran LCD.
Pros
Café gratuit
Cons
Aucun