Sony Employee Reviews

Steady, fun work environment with potential to grow
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 December 2012
-Customer service and constant inventory duties are the basis of the day to activities. Pricing, stocking, loss prevention, shipping, receiving, cycle counts etc., are part the the daily inventory tasks.
-further expanded skills of office equipment and computer skills.
-The management was excellent. They were always fair and friendly.
-All staff was friendly and more like a family then co-workers.
-The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all new product technology specs. It required constantly updating my knowledge but really helped me to understand not only what it does but also why.
-The most enjoyable part really was the staff. They made it a pleasure to come to work everyday.
Pros
excellent staff and environment
Productive and compatible with employee
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 December 2012
Start off my shift by making sure products are priced correctly according to computer database. Restocked shelves and shipment duties. In my overall work experience with Sony, the management was good, everyone worked well together and cooperated well.
Cons
short breaks
Almost perfect
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC1 November 2012
great enviroment to work, lots of work to keep you going though out the day, friendly co-workers and management.

someone willing to help you if you can't finish it before the shift or timeframe.

only downside is keeping the job they usually hire for seasonal and keep only one person for the future if needed.
Pros
salary, enviroment
Cons
shift rotations, seasonal
Some really good managers and dedicated people
Production Scheduler/Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2012
Overall excellent place to work. The co workers and management were great. I learned to use ERP systems and RF inventory management and when I moved to QC had a great manager who taught me all he knew about quality assurance.
Pros
learned high tech skills and the co workers were fantastic
Cons
company closed in canada
Productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 October 2012
Hardest part of the job was the physical aspect. i.e. standing.

I learned various customer related skills, polished my interpersonal skills.

My managers were very approachable and well organized.

my co-workers were above average.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
sales rivalry
Difficult working enviornment
Teletech - Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, Ontario23 September 2012
A typical day included answering calls, offering Sony products to customers and transferring them to the department in which they need. I learned that it isn't easy to be a salesperson, especially when it is by telephone. Teletech had equipment which made it difficult to understand the customer, and in turn was difficult to sell to the customer or help them get to where the needed to go to solve any issues they had. My co-workers were very friendly, but also were stressed in the work environment. The most enjoyable part of this job was when a customer was satisfied with the service I provided for them, and I was able to go through different laptops and Sony electronics with them.
alrite job, horrible work environment
warehouse worker (forklift operator) (Former Employee) –  Whitby Ontario EDC5 September 2012
I was a forklift operator at EDC in whitby ont, job was decent it was just a bad work environment, alot of politics in the warehouse, very odd management and how they hire and run the warehouse, you are hired on a contract for lets say 6months, you are not told whether your contract will be extended or if you will be hired as an employee untill the end of your last shift at the end of your contract, id say the worst part of working here would have to be the other workers , very bitter, rude, racist, and disrespectful crew.....lets just say i ran far away from sony after i landed a next job, i would never work there again
Pros
the job
Cons
the pay, co-workers, management
Day to day
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario12 July 2012
• Key holder: Responsible for opening and closing the store
• Managed a high-volume store (Heartland Town Centre)
• Became the "go-to" person to train both new and established employees
• Improving customer service based on client feedback
• Describe merchandise and explain use/operation, and care of products to customers
• Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain products based on customer needs
• Generated repeat business through successful client follow-ups
• Handles service, parts, and shipping and receiving
• Recognized for assuming additional responsibilities
Great place to get trained, limited advancement unless in marketing
Strategic Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ont10 July 2012
huge uphill battle ahead with lack of leadership and vision.
very low morale.
Great employees.
Not open to input or ideas for change
Pros
training
Cons
no support in sales
Seek to contribute expertise in Supply Chain and Manufacturing group through the position of Production and Quality Control Technician
General Operator in the CD/DVD (Former Employee) –  North York, Toronto.10 July 2012
With many years experience in Manufacturing and Process industry I have expertise in Quality Control, Production control, Scheduling and acting team leader. I have very good knowledge GMP and data collection and analyze data and samples in various industries. In my past work experience, I have been able to effectively schedule work with co-workers and handle a variety of tasks simultaneously in a fast paced diverse setting.

I am well aware of the valuable role effective customer service serve in an organization’s success and am dedicated to maintaining a high level of this valuable commodity in all areas of my job. This pattern in my work ethic has won me the merit award winner employees for productivity and job knowledge.

Want to know more about Sony?

Ask a question
Intolerance of your present creates your future.
Quality Inspector/Auditor (Former Employee) –  Leslie and Eglington9 July 2012
Overall I enjoyed working in the company of my superiors and subordinates. I don't expect change in others in the first place. whereas I change self according to situations. I loved the job I did and made most of it.

My Principle - Don't complain about what you permit.
Pros
a fair share of benefits - word, deed and action.
Cons
yes is time controlling us, at the same time adapt & be willing to situations
Very friendly environment
General Operator in the CD/DVD (Former Employee) –  Toronto1 June 2012
Sony is the one best organization. Company has gave me lots off opportunity to develop my personal and professional skills. This company has equal employment environment and very flexible working conditions. Company always treated as second family.
Challenging yet fulfilling
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON24 April 2012
Managing staff , inventory, sales targets and dealing with corporate clients and regular customers. Participating in Local marketing events and voluntering for the childrens make a wish foundation . Most enjoyable part of my career here was growing the business and watching satisfied clients
Productive and busy work environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  North York, ON11 April 2012
A typical day at work consisted of me running a machine and making sure I was meeting production goals.I was able to advance to this position from a temp position thanks to recognition from management. My supervisor was very observant and noticed all details. This led to a work atmosphere were everyone was very focused. The hardest part of the job was when we would face issues with the equipment because it slowed production.The most enjoyable part the job was the chance to co-operate with my co-workers towards a common goal.
Sony dadc is downsizing
DISTRIBUTION CREDIT PROCESSING (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 March 2012
Sony dadc is currently reorganizing itself and lots of changes are taking place... More towards dollar value. Lots of employees are being laid off.
Pros
this company is going to last...since it is sony.
Cons
no job security
A good Experience
Returns Department (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 March 2012
It was a creative experience working at Sony DADC company. I learned the organizational skills from this work place.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
far from house
Retraiter de chez Sony du Canada apres 22 ans
Directeur de compte majeur (Former Employee) –  Montreal-ouest, QC11 October 2016
La technologie évolue et ceci à continuée a maintenir ma passion et ma jeunesse.

La pression est constante dans un marcher difficile, mais le support de l’équipe est omniprésent!

C’est un temps de ma vie qui restera à toujours marquer. Bonne chance à la relève !
Pros
Route et nouveautés
Cons
Pression et marché extrêmement compétitif
Bon evironnement de travail
Assitant gérant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 August 2016
Tres bonne compagnie reconnue par tous , Ils ont du fermer leur chaine de magasin
Environnement agréable et productif.
Technicien en électronique (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 November 2015
Sous-contractant de Sony, j'effectuait les réparations de caméras et d'écran LCD.
Pros
Café gratuit
Cons
Aucun
Une journée dans mon poste de coordonnatrice
Coordonnatrice régional (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 October 2014
Avec mon équipe, nous avons assurer d'être les ambassadeurs de la marque au détail a travers la province. Avec la compétition toujours intense et présente, nous assurions de bien éduquer le personnels afin qu'ils puissent à leurs tour, devenir nos ambassadeurs avec leurs clientéles. Nos clients, magasins d'électronique, étaient visités régulièrement afin d'assurer une présence et en emplacement de choix pour notre marque. Stratégies, négociations, étaient des tâches régulières de tous les jours, et ce, afin d'assurer une mise en marché et un emplacement de premier choix.
Pros
l'échange avec les clients afin d'arriver à un point d'accord commun
Cons
restrictions au niveau des détaillants et leurs système de commandes