Sony Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 84 reviews matching the search
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Productive and Fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONJune 8, 2014
I consider working for Sony of my greatest learning experiences within my 5 years Retail Sales experience. I appreciated the company and could genuinely get behind the products and services they sold. And, every customer was a great learning experience and easy to uphold a good sales relationship with.

The team I worked with was phenomenal. They were all great team players and genuinely loved seeing everyone in the store do well. I was brought in to help train them in a new retail sales venture of selling Sony smart-phones with Rogers Services (Smart phone plans; 3 yr). They held a huge variety of product of which really helped me learn how to pick out a customers needs to a truly specific point, instead of just generalizing a small number of products from a variety of manufacturers.

The most challenging thing was that this is the only company that really tracked their sales reps 'erosion" percentage; as individuals we had to be monitoring and maintaining good sales targets without destroying the gross margin on the product(s) in question. On of the only retailers I've ever heard or seen of tracking it in this manner.

It was a disappointment that the store was closing as we tried to grasp for positions in the company, many of us took the opportunity (and severance package) and tried to expand into other sales fields.
Pros
positive environment
Cons
short experience
Was this review helpful?YesNo
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Environnement agréable et productif.
Technicien en électronique (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 26, 2015
Sous-contractant de Sony, j'effectuait les réparations de caméras et d'écran LCD.
Pros
Café gratuit
Cons
Aucun
Was this review helpful?YesNo
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Une journée dans mon poste de coordonnatrice
Coordonnatrice régional (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 21, 2014
Avec mon équipe, nous avons assurer d'être les ambassadeurs de la marque au détail a travers la province. Avec la compétition toujours intense et présente, nous assurions de bien éduquer le personnels afin qu'ils puissent à leurs tour, devenir nos ambassadeurs avec leurs clientéles. Nos clients, magasins d'électronique, étaient visités régulièrement afin d'assurer une présence et en emplacement de choix pour notre marque. Stratégies, négociations, étaient des tâches régulières de tous les jours, et ce, afin d'assurer une mise en marché et un emplacement de premier choix.
Pros
l'échange avec les clients afin d'arriver à un point d'accord commun
Cons
restrictions au niveau des détaillants et leurs système de commandes
Was this review helpful?YesNo

See more Sony reviews

You may want to try:

Overall rating

4.1
Based on 1,876 reviews
5 stars
4 stars
3 stars
2 stars
1 star

Ratings by category

Work/Life Balance
3.9
Salary/Benefits
3.8
Job Security/Advancement
3.5
Management
3.7
Culture
3.9