Sony Employee Reviews

Day to day
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario12 July 2012
• Key holder: Responsible for opening and closing the store
• Managed a high-volume store (Heartland Town Centre)
• Became the "go-to" person to train both new and established employees
• Improving customer service based on client feedback
• Describe merchandise and explain use/operation, and care of products to customers
• Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain products based on customer needs
• Generated repeat business through successful client follow-ups
• Handles service, parts, and shipping and receiving
• Recognized for assuming additional responsibilities
Great place to get trained, limited advancement unless in marketing
Strategic Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ont10 July 2012
huge uphill battle ahead with lack of leadership and vision.
very low morale.
Great employees.
Not open to input or ideas for change
Pros
training
Cons
no support in sales
Seek to contribute expertise in Supply Chain and Manufacturing group through the position of Production and Quality Control Technician
General Operator in the CD/DVD (Former Employee) –  North York, Toronto.10 July 2012
With many years experience in Manufacturing and Process industry I have expertise in Quality Control, Production control, Scheduling and acting team leader. I have very good knowledge GMP and data collection and analyze data and samples in various industries. In my past work experience, I have been able to effectively schedule work with co-workers and handle a variety of tasks simultaneously in a fast paced diverse setting.

I am well aware of the valuable role effective customer service serve in an organization’s success and am dedicated to maintaining a high level of this valuable commodity in all areas of my job. This pattern in my work ethic has won me the merit award winner employees for productivity and job knowledge.
Intolerance of your present creates your future.
Quality Inspector/Auditor (Former Employee) –  Leslie and Eglington9 July 2012
Overall I enjoyed working in the company of my superiors and subordinates. I don't expect change in others in the first place. whereas I change self according to situations. I loved the job I did and made most of it.

My Principle - Don't complain about what you permit.
Pros
a fair share of benefits - word, deed and action.
Cons
yes is time controlling us, at the same time adapt & be willing to situations
Very friendly environment
General Operator in the CD/DVD (Former Employee) –  Toronto1 June 2012
Sony is the one best organization. Company has gave me lots off opportunity to develop my personal and professional skills. This company has equal employment environment and very flexible working conditions. Company always treated as second family.
Challenging yet fulfilling
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON24 April 2012
Managing staff , inventory, sales targets and dealing with corporate clients and regular customers. Participating in Local marketing events and voluntering for the childrens make a wish foundation . Most enjoyable part of my career here was growing the business and watching satisfied clients
Productive and busy work environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  North York, ON11 April 2012
A typical day at work consisted of me running a machine and making sure I was meeting production goals.I was able to advance to this position from a temp position thanks to recognition from management. My supervisor was very observant and noticed all details. This led to a work atmosphere were everyone was very focused. The hardest part of the job was when we would face issues with the equipment because it slowed production.The most enjoyable part the job was the chance to co-operate with my co-workers towards a common goal.
Sony dadc is downsizing
DISTRIBUTION CREDIT PROCESSING (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 March 2012
Sony dadc is currently reorganizing itself and lots of changes are taking place... More towards dollar value. Lots of employees are being laid off.
Pros
this company is going to last...since it is sony.
Cons
no job security
A good Experience
Returns Department (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 March 2012
It was a creative experience working at Sony DADC company. I learned the organizational skills from this work place.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
far from house
Retraiter de chez Sony du Canada apres 22 ans
Directeur de compte majeur (Former Employee) –  Montreal-ouest, QC11 October 2016
La technologie évolue et ceci à continuée a maintenir ma passion et ma jeunesse.

La pression est constante dans un marcher difficile, mais le support de l’équipe est omniprésent!

C’est un temps de ma vie qui restera à toujours marquer. Bonne chance à la relève !
Pros
Route et nouveautés
Cons
Pression et marché extrêmement compétitif
Bon evironnement de travail
Assitant gérant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 August 2016
Tres bonne compagnie reconnue par tous , Ils ont du fermer leur chaine de magasin
Environnement agréable et productif.
Technicien en électronique (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 November 2015
Sous-contractant de Sony, j'effectuait les réparations de caméras et d'écran LCD.
Pros
Café gratuit
Cons
Aucun
Une journée dans mon poste de coordonnatrice
Coordonnatrice régional (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 October 2014
Avec mon équipe, nous avons assurer d'être les ambassadeurs de la marque au détail a travers la province. Avec la compétition toujours intense et présente, nous assurions de bien éduquer le personnels afin qu'ils puissent à leurs tour, devenir nos ambassadeurs avec leurs clientéles. Nos clients, magasins d'électronique, étaient visités régulièrement afin d'assurer une présence et en emplacement de choix pour notre marque. Stratégies, négociations, étaient des tâches régulières de tous les jours, et ce, afin d'assurer une mise en marché et un emplacement de premier choix.
Pros
l'échange avec les clients afin d'arriver à un point d'accord commun
Cons
restrictions au niveau des détaillants et leurs système de commandes