Sony

Sony Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent company to work for
Marketing Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 16, 2013
Pros: excellent experience
Cons: sorry to see the branch close.
• Responsible for creating, implementing and overseeing all marketing and promotional activities at all record retail accounts in the Northwest region of the United States.

• Responsible for hiring, training and maintaining a regional staff 12 of marketing representatives, six independent college representatives and four branch office administrative – more... assistants.

• Responsible for maintaining regional budget for all promotional and marketing activities throughout the Northwestern region as set forth by label and distribution companies.

• Responsible for all product presentations to local and regional retail managers, set-up of artist in-store appearances as well as directing on-site sales and artist meet & greet events at musical performances and concerts.

• Responsible for maintaining regional budget for sales, marketing and media advertising for entire Northwestern region of the United States.

• Duties included product presentations, new release solicitation, maintaining stock levels on all product lines through marketing, promotional and media advertising support.

• Responsible for implementing and conducting marketing campaigns through local promotional activities based on radio airplay, overall sales and community demographics. – less
A great work environment, period!
P. R. and Marketing Department/Sales - Internship (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: intellectually safe work environment, freedom to be creative
Cons: slow days
As an intern, I entered work each day ready to learn and be challenged, and SONY/RED did just that! I felt as if I had the freedom to control my own work, but also could contribute to a group of hardworking people who were interested in the same fields as I was!
I am SAP Security Consultant and have an experience of 4.6 Years
Senior Project Engineer (Former Employee), BangaloreSeptember 22, 2013
I am working with Wipro Technologies as a SAp Security consultant . I ahve an experience of 4.6 Years . I have learned how to improve myself everyday and be more focussed towars my goal.
Technical PC Support
Call Center Computer Services Technician (Former Employee), Clovis, CASeptember 12, 2013
Pros: management was knowledgeable about the equipment being serviced
Callflow is usually steady, customers are more agreeable than usual.

Learned more about wireless technology and how to guide a customer through difficult services over the phone with ease.

The most enjoyable part of the job was completing calls where the customer was sure it would be an expensive repair and turned out to be a relatively easy fix.
Place to learn and explore more for our knowledge
SAP Security Analyst (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILSeptember 11, 2013
Many of the employees help each other out, and there is very little animosity in the workplace. It's a very positive space and very laid back.

For the most part, the moral is up, until the end of each quarter when pretty much everyone freaks out because they haven't met their quota yet. Once that starts happening, the stress and competition build.
Great Company
Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 9, 2013
Pros: discounts on sony product
Cons: culture is always changing and if management doesn't like you your fired
Sony is a great company but it lacks innovation, they still make great products but they haven't had a game changer in awhile etc. iPhone, iPod, GoPro, they ride the waves of other companies. Besides Playstation I think they need to go back and re-think what they really want to be
productive and fun work place
Forklift driver (Former Employee), carson caSeptember 9, 2013
i've learn how to drive cherry picker and stand up lift did lots inventory
na
Gage Technician (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, PASeptember 7, 2013
Cons: companhy closed
company closed in 1986, repaired electro/mechanical equipment.
Micro Management Hell
ART DIRECTOR (Former Employee), Culver City, CASeptember 5, 2013
Pros: working on the sony lot
Cons: management
The supervisor we have has been there a long time, about 10 years. The problem, is that she worked her way up from the bottom..and has no training or skills in management. The guy above her is new and just lets her do her thing while he coasts through his cushy job and day dreams while he writes on the side. This supervisor only knows how to micro manage, – more... she somehow feels that the whole company will collapse without her OCD level of input and detail. When she is on vacation the place runs smoother and with less stress. Her team mocks her and laughs at her when she leaves the room. She needs training in people management. Some bad managers rule with carrot and stick. With her it is all stick – less
Fast paced work but good enviorment
WEARHOUSE WORKER (Former Employee), Romeoville, ILAugust 30, 2013
It was a fast paced,no time for you to rest or loose concentration, But the job was easy
Fun company to work for!
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 28, 2013
Great place to be but not a lot of opportunity to move up. Fun staff and you will enjoy coming to work every day!
writing and recording music or some of the greatest artist of today
Recording Artist/Writer (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 28, 2013
Pros: doing what i love
Cons: it ended.
I was a ghost writer for some of todays popular R&B and soul singers. I was able to keep up with my own supervision as long as I wrote and recorded quality records. I was in charge of my own tour routing and was given a set budget to market and promote. I loved working with the artist as well as the company. Music has always been one of my dreams so – more... being placed in position to do what I loved was amazing. – less
Wonderful Internship Experience
Heyman Center Externship Program, Intern at SONY (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 23, 2013
The legal department at Sony Corporation of America (SCA) is a wonderful place to work as an intern. All the attorneys are very friendly and helpful. My immediate supervisor, provided me with a lot of guidance and supervision. We met regularly to discuss and review assignments as well as to have progress checks. Overall it was a wonderful introduction – more... to an in-house counsel environment and I highly recommend the experience. – less
More Supervisory Experience
DADC Customer Service (Former Employee), Carrollton, GAAugust 21, 2013
Pros: really learned a lot on this position
Cons: knew it was ending
Managed overall Distribution process for EMI Music- From April 2012, through Feb. 2013, managed the customer service office with 4 people reporting to me. Managed email expedites, ran and published daily KPI reports, both internally and to the customer- Reporting of all receipts to customer, included maintaining a log of receiving issues and resolving – more... those with customer.
I had the most experience in this office, so my co-workers looked to me for guidance.
There wasn't really a hard part of this job.
I enjoyed helping co-workers with their problems, and I also enjoyed the difficult days when you had to "think" to help the customer resolve an issue. – less
It was a great experience for game testing
QA tester (1) day assignment (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAAugust 18, 2013
Pros: free food fun job
Cons: one or two day assignments
I learned It's pretty easy to test games but I only worked for a short time.
manufacturing staff
manufacturing staff (Former Employee), new stanton paJuly 30, 2013
I inspect glass, i did quality assurance inspection. final assembly crt before finished product.
Got To Take Home Product
Sales (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 28, 2013
Pros: 1 hour lunch breaks, lenders program
Cons: management.
A typical day at work had a lot of "pushing for sales." Everyone has their own department team such as I worked with cameras and other people had TV's, others had computers, and etc. I made friends with only some people but there was always those who thought they were better. In Orlando, if you spoke Portuguese, you always had higher numbers in sales. – more... There is spiffs for selling certain products and warranties. The General Manager at my location was super cool but the supervisors below him were usually horrible. Pay was OK. Definitely a lot of standing through out the day. Also was aloud to take home new cameras with the "lending program" which was always nice. Got to take home the a77 DSLR a couple times. – less
Productive and excellent work place
“A+” Specialist in Digital Electronics Systems (Former Employee), Cuba, LAJuly 27, 2013
Electronics Repairs
Audio and Video
DVD, CD players
Customer Services
goods coworkers
TV & Digital Imaging Sales Associate (Former Employee), Riverhead, NYJuly 22, 2013
Pros: great staff
Sony offers a variety of training which really helps to sell. Sony products sell itself so it was very easy to work there.
Wasnt their long enough to learn alot
Laborer (Former Employee), Dothan, ALJuly 21, 2013
Just went in did my job and went home. I learned when you are on a timed job you have to pick up the pace. Never got to know the management. That you had to sit at one table all day. That it was a good experience.

About Sony

Sony is synonymous with consumer electronics. It's especially big in TVs and game consoles like PlayStation3. Officially named – Read more