Sony Employee Reviews

Personable work with retail experience
Playstation Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 March 2014
Travelling to retail stores ensuring that the Playstation brand is represented with marketing materials appropriately and properly. Training staff on the latest and greatest features, products and games.
Creating marketing displays with display boxes, clings and such for windows, retail space in stores, etc.
Working with management within retail stores to place promotions and marketing materials to showcase the brand.
Flexible hours
excellent training
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS22 February 2014
good place to work , many courses provided to inprove technical level
Pros
training
Cons
low wages
Fun to work
Asst. Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary Alberta17 February 2014
Always excited to come to work. Company recognizes your ability and consider you as part of the family.
I loved the old staff of Sony im sad they had to let so many good people go.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 January 2014
Its a very long story I loved working for Sony Canada The training the staff all great. But i left very Disappointed in the way things ended very sort of secret hand shaking type of way.
Pros
Amazing new PK all the time. Lots of different culture.
Cons
Shady transfers. Too many good people getting layed off.
fast paced high volume
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 January 2014
At Sony I would open the store and complete any orders from the previous day, finish paper work as well as help any of the customers in the store. I learned various sales techniques along with a vast knowledge of digital media services. As I started as a sales associate and moved up to manager I got to see all sides of the business. Was fortunate enough to have a great support staff with me that was very helpful and ready for any challenge. The hardest part of the job was leaving as the closed the store, the most enjoyable part was working with my team and installing the products purchased by customers in there homes.
Pros
instalation of products
Cons
being closed down
Learning about different products
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North York14 January 2014
-Troubleshooting different Sony products
-Friendly environment
-Different end users
Pros
Great cafeteria
Cons
it was a very good learning company
Sales Representative / Acting Manager (Former Employee) –  montreal,quebec16 November 2013
excellent company to work for but were cutting position very well organized and discipline
Pros
lot 's of activity
Cons
hours were fair
Tamer Salem
Sales Representative and key holder (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 November 2013
only staff member besides upper management that was given Codes and keys to both stores (at the time). leader in the workplace, highly efficient sales person, highly capable in training and recruiting new staff.
Pros
great workplace, great staff discount
Cons
not much in the way of upward mobility and all stores are currently closed in winnipeg
Company's concern is sales
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 November 2013
Comapny's concern is always the bottom line. That is why no one stays for a long time.
Promoted goods and services;
Bi-lingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  whitby10 October 2013
• Answered, in person or on the phone, enquiries from customers;
• Investigated complaints regarding the establishment's goods, services and policies;
• Ordered services and goods;
• Promoted goods and services
Great Place to Work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Greater Vancouver, BC5 August 2013
Good work environment. Great place to work. Good benefits and a very transparent working environment. Good benefits and culture.
Pros
Fkexible Hours
Cons
Store is Burnaby, Richmond and Vancouver
Very interesting and challenging job.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 August 2013
Productive and good place to work.We had to close a few locations since a electronic business on difficulty at this time.
Pros
Dealing with new products on monthly basis.
Cons
Electronics very tough market
Sony
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 July 2013
Amazing environment. Strong sales and management team. Relationship building was very important in this atmosphere.
Fun, Interesting Job
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  North York, ON25 June 2013
Fun, interesting and demanding, I learned a lot about the industry, my bosses and co workers where cool. The busy season was fast and demanding but other then that it was easy to understand, the best part of the job was dealing with all the different type of people .
Pros
overtime
Cons
they closed
Platinum Club Member
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  TORONTO ON11 March 2013
I involved in day to day operations of a flagship store in Toronto,
I have completed the MIT program from Sony. I am responsible for hiring and training new staff on regular basis. I am passionate about my approach on selling and achieving sales targets
Productive and fun workplace
Sr. Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2013
Co-operative Management adn all co-workers.
Learnes most of the Jobs scheduling i.e. Autosys SAP environment Networking site.
Pros
cafeteria, discount lunch and coffee
Cons
12 hours shift
Great Enviroment
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 February 2013
Great company to work for they really appreciate their employees. Everyone is super friendly and they have some excellent products. Great entery level position for people who just entered the workforce.
Pros
fun, great people
Cons
hard to move up
productive, fun , warm working place
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON7 February 2013
I started my day at 6:30am, preparing breakfast, lunch on timely manner. Always make sure my customers are happy. After lunch hour, I need to update inventory list and order items on low quantity.
Cleaning workplace at the end.

Though it's a routine job, but I enjoy working with my boss and co-workers, because it's such a warm and pleasant work environment. It motives me to learn more every day. Such as promotional skill/selling skill, communication skill and team work ability. It all make me feel enjoyable for this job.
Pros
free meals, no work on weekend
Cons
since i am the only income provider for the family, i need to have 2nd job
Fun, interactive, innovative workplace
Sr. Coordinator, Service and Engineering Division (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2013
Provided admin support to the Operations Manager. Assisted with coordinating the yearly service conference. Prepared PowerPoint presentations, took minutes and collected supporting documentation. Managed and updated service center database in Access and Filemaker. Provided reports for Technical Field Repos for training, insurance and contracl renewals for 200 service centres nationally. Created, distributed and analyzed data for customer surveys. Created and maintained the diviional intranet web sige in Front Page. Prepared month end reporting using SAP, Excel and Crystal.
Pros
abiltiy to learn a lot of different programs.
Good Place to Kickstart a career
Event, Marketing and Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2013
Great place to work if you're looking to be a part of a industry leader in consumer electronics.
Be the envy of all of your friends and family, by being the one who had a one up on all of the latest advancements in technology.

Very hard working culture with honest values for such a large company. Excellent and inviting environment from the cafeteria team all the way to the president.

At times got lost in the shuffle as to what our roles really were with limited options to move up due to the size of Sony of Canada.
Pros
great way to get started in the industry
Cons
easy to plateau with opportunities few and far between

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sony. Our community is ready to answer.