Sony Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Good Place to Kickstart a career
Event, Marketing and Training Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: great way to get started in the industry
Cons: easy to plateau with opportunities few and far between
Great place to work if you're looking to be a part of a industry leader in consumer electronics.
Be the envy of all of your friends and family, by being the one who had a one up on all of the latest advancements in technology.

Very hard working culture with honest values for such a large company. Excellent and inviting environment from the cafeteria team all the way to the president.

At times got lost in the shuffle as to what our roles really were with limited options to move up due to the size of Sony of Canada.
Steady, fun work environment with potential to grow
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 26, 2012
Pros: excellent staff and environment
-Customer service and constant inventory duties are the basis of the day to activities. Pricing, stocking, loss prevention, shipping, receiving, cycle counts etc., are part the the daily inventory tasks.
-further expanded skills of office equipment and computer skills.
-The management was excellent. They were always fair and friendly.
-All staff was friendly and more like a family then co-workers.
-The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all new product technology specs. It required constantly updating my knowledge but really helped me to understand not only what it does but also why.
-The most enjoyable part really was the staff. They made it a pleasure to come to work everyday.
Productive and compatible with employee
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 26, 2012
Cons: short breaks
Start off my shift by making sure products are priced correctly according to computer database. Restocked shelves and shipment duties. In my overall work experience with Sony, the management was good, everyone worked well together and cooperated well.
Almost perfect
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCNovember 1, 2012
Pros: salary, enviroment
Cons: shift rotations, seasonal
great enviroment to work, lots of work to keep you going though out the day, friendly co-workers and management.

someone willing to help you if you can't finish it before the shift or timeframe.

only downside is keeping the job they usually hire for seasonal and keep only one person for the future if needed.
Some really good managers and dedicated people
Production Scheduler/Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 12, 2012
Pros: learned high tech skills and the co workers were fantastic
Cons: company closed in canada
Overall excellent place to work. The co workers and management were great. I learned to use ERP systems and RF inventory management and when I moved to QC had a great manager who taught me all he knew about quality assurance.
Productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 8, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: sales rivalry
Hardest part of the job was the physical aspect. i.e. standing.

I learned various customer related skills, polished my interpersonal skills.

My managers were very approachable and well organized.

my co-workers were above average.
Difficult working enviornment
Teletech - Sales representative (Former Employee), Orillia, OntarioSeptember 23, 2012
A typical day included answering calls, offering Sony products to customers and transferring them to the department in which they need. I learned that it isn't easy to be a salesperson, especially when it is by telephone. Teletech had equipment which made it difficult to understand the customer, and in turn was difficult to sell to the customer or help them get to where the needed to go to solve any issues they had. My co-workers were very friendly, but also were stressed in the work environment. The most enjoyable part of this job was when a customer was satisfied with the service I provided for them, and I was able to go through different laptops and Sony electronics with them.
alrite job, horrible work environment
warehouse worker (forklift operator) (Former Employee), Whitby Ontario EDCSeptember 5, 2012
Pros: the job
Cons: the pay, co-workers, management
I was a forklift operator at EDC in whitby ont, job was decent it was just a bad work environment, alot of politics in the warehouse, very odd management and how they hire and run the warehouse, you are hired on a contract for lets say 6months, you are not told whether your contract will be extended or if you will be hired as an employee untill the end of your last shift at the end of your contract, id say the worst part of working here would have to be the other workers , very bitter, rude, racist, and disrespectful crew.....lets just say i ran far away from sony after i landed a next job, i would never work there again
Day to day
Store Supervisor (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioJuly 12, 2012
• Key holder: Responsible for opening and closing the store
• Managed a high-volume store (Heartland Town Centre)
• Became the "go-to" person to train both new and established employees
• Improving customer service based on client feedback
• Describe merchandise and explain use/operation, and care of products to customers
• Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain products based on customer needs
• Generated repeat business through successful client follow-ups
• Handles service, parts, and shipping and receiving
• Recognized for assuming additional responsibilities
Great place to get trained, limited advancement unless in marketing
Strategic Account Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, OntJuly 10, 2012
Pros: training
Cons: no support in sales
huge uphill battle ahead with lack of leadership and vision.
very low morale.
Great employees.
Not open to input or ideas for change
Seek to contribute expertise in Supply Chain and Manufacturing group through the position of Production and Quality Control Technician
General Operator in the CD/DVD (Former Employee), North York, Toronto.July 10, 2012
With many years experience in Manufacturing and Process industry I have expertise in Quality Control, Production control, Scheduling and acting team leader. I have very good knowledge GMP and data collection and analyze data and samples in various industries. In my past work experience, I have been able to effectively schedule work with co-workers and handle a variety of tasks simultaneously in a fast paced diverse setting.

I am well aware of the valuable role effective customer service serve in an organization’s success and am dedicated to maintaining a high level of this valuable commodity in all areas of my job. This pattern in my work ethic has won me the merit award winner employees for productivity and job knowledge.
Intolerance of your present creates your future.
Quality Inspector/Auditor (Former Employee), Leslie and EglingtonJuly 9, 2012
Pros: a fair share of benefits - word, deed and action.
Cons: yes is time controlling us, at the same time adapt & be willing to situations
Overall I enjoyed working in the company of my superiors and subordinates. I don't expect change in others in the first place. whereas I change self according to situations. I loved the job I did and made most of it.

My Principle - Don't complain about what you permit.
Very friendly environment
General Operator in the CD/DVD (Former Employee), TorontoJune 1, 2012
Sony is the one best organization. Company has gave me lots off opportunity to develop my personal and professional skills. This company has equal employment environment and very flexible working conditions. Company always treated as second family.
Challenging yet fulfilling
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Barrie, ONApril 24, 2012
Managing staff , inventory, sales targets and dealing with corporate clients and regular customers. Participating in Local marketing events and voluntering for the childrens make a wish foundation . Most enjoyable part of my career here was growing the business and watching satisfied clients
Productive and busy work environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee), North York, ONApril 11, 2012
A typical day at work consisted of me running a machine and making sure I was meeting production goals.I was able to advance to this position from a temp position thanks to recognition from management. My supervisor was very observant and noticed all details. This led to a work atmosphere were everyone was very focused. The hardest part of the job was when we would face issues with the equipment because it slowed production.The most enjoyable part the job was the chance to co-operate with my co-workers towards a common goal.
SONY DADC IS DOWNSIZING
DISTRIBUTION CREDIT PROCESSING (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 30, 2012
Pros: this company is going to last...since it is sony.
Cons: no job security
SONY DADC IS CURRENTLY REORGANIZING ITSELF AND LOTS OF CHANGES ARE TAKING PLACE... MORE TOWARDS DOLLAR VALUE. LOTS OF EMPLOYEES ARE BEING LAID OFF.
A good Experience
Returns Department (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 16, 2012
Pros: free coffee
Cons: far from house
It was a creative experience working at Sony DADC company. I learned the organizational skills from this work place.
Environnement agréable et productif.
Technicien en électronique (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 26, 2015
Pros: Café gratuit
Cons: Aucun
Sous-contractant de Sony, j'effectuait les réparations de caméras et d'écran LCD.
Une journée dans mon poste de coordonnatrice
Coordonnatrice régional (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 21, 2014
Pros: l'échange avec les clients afin d'arriver à un point d'accord commun
Cons: restrictions au niveau des détaillants et leurs système de commandes
Avec mon équipe, nous avons assurer d'être les ambassadeurs de la marque au détail a travers la province. Avec la compétition toujours intense et présente, nous assurions de bien éduquer le personnels afin qu'ils puissent à leurs tour, devenir nos ambassadeurs avec leurs clientéles. Nos clients, magasins d'électronique, étaient visités régulièrement afin d'assurer une présence et en emplacement de choix pour notre marque. Stratégies, négociations, étaient des tâches régulières de tous les jours, et ce, afin d'assurer une mise en marché et un emplacement de premier choix.