Sony Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Seek to contribute expertise in Supply Chain and Manufacturing group through the position of Production and Quality Control Technician
General Operator in the CD/DVD (Former Employee), North York, Toronto.July 10, 2012
With many years experience in Manufacturing and Process industry I have expertise in Quality Control, Production control, Scheduling and acting team leader. I have very good knowledge GMP and data collection and analyze data and samples in various industries. In my past work experience, I have been able to effectively schedule work with co-workers and handle a variety of tasks simultaneously in a fast paced diverse setting.

I am well aware of the valuable role effective customer service serve in an organization’s success and am dedicated to maintaining a high level of this valuable commodity in all areas of my job. This pattern in my work ethic has won me the merit award winner employees for productivity and job knowledge.
Difficult working enviornment
Teletech - Sales representative (Former Employee), Orillia, OntarioSeptember 23, 2012
A typical day included answering calls, offering Sony products to customers and transferring them to the department in which they need. I learned that it isn't easy to be a salesperson, especially when it is by telephone. Teletech had equipment which made it difficult to understand the customer, and in turn was difficult to sell to the customer or help them get to where the needed to go to solve any issues they had. My co-workers were very friendly, but also were stressed in the work environment. The most enjoyable part of this job was when a customer was satisfied with the service I provided for them, and I was able to go through different laptops and Sony electronics with them.
fast paced high volume
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: instalation of products
Cons: being closed down
At Sony I would open the store and complete any orders from the previous day, finish paper work as well as help any of the customers in the store. I learned various sales techniques along with a vast knowledge of digital media services. As I started as a sales associate and moved up to manager I got to see all sides of the business. Was fortunate enough to have a great support staff with me that was very helpful and ready for any challenge. The hardest part of the job was leaving as the closed the store, the most enjoyable part was working with my team and installing the products purchased by customers in there homes.
Good Company , Great people
Business Process Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 12, 2014
• Led efforts to switch legacy reporting to SAP Business Objects XIR 3.1 as an enterprise wide deployment.
• Led cross functional teams to gather and evaluate the key phases of the process to ensure smooth transition.
• Managed service process and technical training of all Sony’s products.
• Coordinated all internal and external follow-ups to close issues in support of the project requirements
• Created Requirement, Functional and Design documents as per Business requirements.
• Worked closely with Business and IT teams to develop project requirements.
• Performed gap analysis to identify any gaps during the mapping phase.
• Developed project plans that identify key issues, approaches and performance metrics
• Overseeing project & resource planning and the implementation of Agile based execution.
• Developed Quarterly targets for Authorized Sony Service Centers.
• Monitored Authorized Sony Service Centers KPI and KRA throughout the year.
• Developed work plans and coordinated activities between work streams and identify changes in scope.
Productive and fun workplace
Sr. Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2013
Pros: cafeteria, discount lunch and coffee
Cons: 12 hours shift
Co-operative Management adn all co-workers.
Learnes most of the Jobs scheduling i.e. Autosys SAP environment Networking site.
Challenge everyday
Store Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 16, 2015
It is good and fun to work in such a big store. Everyday you are facing new challenge from your teams and customers. On the bright side, the company make you keep moving on.
Day to day
Store Supervisor (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioJuly 12, 2012
• Key holder: Responsible for opening and closing the store
• Managed a high-volume store (Heartland Town Centre)
• Became the "go-to" person to train both new and established employees
• Improving customer service based on client feedback
• Describe merchandise and explain use/operation, and care of products to customers
• Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain products based on customer needs
• Generated repeat business through successful client follow-ups
• Handles service, parts, and shipping and receiving
• Recognized for assuming additional responsibilities
Some really good managers and dedicated people
Production Scheduler/Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 12, 2012
Pros: learned high tech skills and the co workers were fantastic
Cons: company closed in canada
Overall excellent place to work. The co workers and management were great. I learned to use ERP systems and RF inventory management and when I moved to QC had a great manager who taught me all he knew about quality assurance.
Tamer Salem
Sales Representative and key holder (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 11, 2013
Pros: great workplace, great staff discount
Cons: not much in the way of upward mobility and all stores are currently closed in winnipeg
only staff member besides upper management that was given Codes and keys to both stores (at the time). leader in the workplace, highly efficient sales person, highly capable in training and recruiting new staff.
Great products, but not the best place to work
Junior Project Manager (Former Employee), North York, ONJune 7, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: negative attitudes, poor management
Negative/Hostile work environment. Company suffered quite a bit in the recession, as a result there was a very tense working environment. Management was not always supportive, and found it to be a 'boys club'.
Challenging yet fulfilling
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Barrie, ONApril 24, 2012
Managing staff , inventory, sales targets and dealing with corporate clients and regular customers. Participating in Local marketing events and voluntering for the childrens make a wish foundation . Most enjoyable part of my career here was growing the business and watching satisfied clients
a positive working environment at Sony
Financial Analyst / Lease Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 9, 2014
My job at Sony is quite busy as I take up dual set of responsibilities as Financial Analyst & Retail Lease Administrator. A typical day starts with check and answer emails to internal & external customers first thing in the morning. Review some expense GLs, run reports, do analysis to resolve some issues either from system or from customers especially leasing related issues..
Time management is important, so always learn to make good use of time and be productive, and meet deadlines. However fun part is not ignored balanced work & fun is always encouraged so I would sometimes watch other co-workers play foosball for 15 minutes during my lunch hour.
Overall management in my group is positive and supportive to staff. The management behavior helps encourage the staff to excel in the job and stay loyal, open & accept different opinions.
The world is not perfect though, when you see deadline approaches and some hiccups in the system that some productivity hours or days lost while my job submission deadline did not get extended. Work overtime is unavoidable in this situation.
I like my job. It's interesting. My job is not just number crunching, it requires analytical skill to understand the business and the trend as historical part helps give the prediction in forecast or budget..
Productive and compatible with employee
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 26, 2012
Cons: short breaks
Start off my shift by making sure products are priced correctly according to computer database. Restocked shelves and shipment duties. In my overall work experience with Sony, the management was good, everyone worked well together and cooperated well.
I loved the old staff of Sony im sad they had to let so many good people go.
Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: amazing new pk all the time. lots of different culture.
Cons: shady transfers. too many good people getting layed off.
Its a very long story I loved working for Sony Canada The training the staff all great. But i left very Disappointed in the way things ended very sort of secret hand shaking type of way.
SONY DADC IS DOWNSIZING
DISTRIBUTION CREDIT PROCESSING (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 30, 2012
Pros: this company is going to last...since it is sony.
Cons: no job security
SONY DADC IS CURRENTLY REORGANIZING ITSELF AND LOTS OF CHANGES ARE TAKING PLACE... MORE TOWARDS DOLLAR VALUE. LOTS OF EMPLOYEES ARE BEING LAID OFF.
A great place to work
Technical Instructor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 10, 2014
Pros: an environment where internal advancement is promoted
At Sony, it allows you to be creative. Gives you all the tools you need to succeed.
Very friendly environment
General Operator in the CD/DVD (Former Employee), TorontoJune 1, 2012
Sony is the one best organization. Company has gave me lots off opportunity to develop my personal and professional skills. This company has equal employment environment and very flexible working conditions. Company always treated as second family.
Colleagues are easy to go along with. Managers are supportive
SALES CONSULTANT/SUPERVISOR - Sony of Canada (Former Employee), Grandview CornersJune 4, 2014
It is not your usual mall sales environment. Selling is made fun because of interaction with customers especially for tech-savvy people. The hardest part of the job is only when there are a lot of customers and there are only too few sales consultants to entertain them.
Learning about different products
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), North YorkJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: great cafeteria
Cons: management
-Troubleshooting different Sony products
-Friendly environment
-Different end users
Sony
Store Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 29, 2013
Amazing environment. Strong sales and management team. Relationship building was very important in this atmosphere.
Headquarters