Sony Employee Reviews in Canada

Good Company with lots of great people. Too bad that the Vancouver branch has to be shut down due to the bad economic environment.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam BCMay 2, 2014
Good Company with lots of great people. Had a great time working there!
business focus is not too clear in the last 5 years.
Financial Analyst / Lease Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 20, 2014
No much information shared among employees. Everyone is trying to protect his/her own expertise.
A great place to work
Technical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 10, 2014
At Sony, it allows you to be creative. Gives you all the tools you need to succeed.
Pros
an environment where internal advancement is promoted
a positive working environment at Sony
Financial Analyst / Lease Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 9, 2014
My job at Sony is quite busy as I take up dual set of responsibilities as Financial Analyst & Retail Lease Administrator. A typical day starts with check and answer emails to internal & external customers first thing in the morning. Review some expense GLs, run reports, do analysis to resolve some issues either from system or from customers especially leasing related issues..
Time management is important, so always learn to make good use of time and be productive, and meet deadlines. However fun part is not ignored balanced work & fun is always encouraged so I would sometimes watch other co-workers play foosball for 15 minutes during my lunch hour.
Overall management in my group is positive and supportive to staff. The management behavior helps encourage the staff to excel in the job and stay loyal, open & accept different opinions.
The world is not perfect though, when you see deadline approaches and some hiccups in the system that some productivity hours or days lost while my job submission deadline did not get extended. Work overtime is unavoidable in this situation.
I like my job. It's interesting. My job is not just number crunching, it requires analytical skill to understand the business and the trend as historical part helps give the prediction in forecast or budget..
Personable work with retail experience
Playstation Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 19, 2014
Travelling to retail stores ensuring that the Playstation brand is represented with marketing materials appropriately and properly. Training staff on the latest and greatest features, products and games.
Creating marketing displays with display boxes, clings and such for windows, retail space in stores, etc.
Working with management within retail stores to place promotions and marketing materials to showcase the brand.
Flexible hours
excellent training
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSFebruary 22, 2014
good place to work , many courses provided to inprove technical level
Pros
training
Cons
low wages
Fun to work
Asst. Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary AlbertaFebruary 17, 2014
Always excited to come to work. Company recognizes your ability and consider you as part of the family.
I loved the old staff of Sony im sad they had to let so many good people go.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 29, 2014
Its a very long story I loved working for Sony Canada The training the staff all great. But i left very Disappointed in the way things ended very sort of secret hand shaking type of way.
Pros
amazing new pk all the time. lots of different culture.
Cons
shady transfers. too many good people getting layed off.
fast paced high volume
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 20, 2014
At Sony I would open the store and complete any orders from the previous day, finish paper work as well as help any of the customers in the store. I learned various sales techniques along with a vast knowledge of digital media services. As I started as a sales associate and moved up to manager I got to see all sides of the business. Was fortunate enough to have a great support staff with me that was very helpful and ready for any challenge. The hardest part of the job was leaving as the closed the store, the most enjoyable part was working with my team and installing the products purchased by customers in there homes.
Pros
instalation of products
Cons
being closed down
Learning about different products
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North YorkJanuary 14, 2014
-Troubleshooting different Sony products
-Friendly environment
-Different end users
Pros
great cafeteria
Cons
management
it was a very good learning company
Sales Representative / Acting Manager (Former Employee) –  montreal,quebecNovember 16, 2013
excellent company to work for but were cutting position very well organized and discipline
Pros
lot 's of activity
Cons
hours were fair
Tamer Salem
Sales Representative and key holder (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 11, 2013
only staff member besides upper management that was given Codes and keys to both stores (at the time). leader in the workplace, highly efficient sales person, highly capable in training and recruiting new staff.
Pros
great workplace, great staff discount
Cons
not much in the way of upward mobility and all stores are currently closed in winnipeg
Company's concern is sales
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 8, 2013
Comapny's concern is always the bottom line. That is why no one stays for a long time.
Promoted goods and services;
Bi-lingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  whitbyOctober 10, 2013
• Answered, in person or on the phone, enquiries from customers;
• Investigated complaints regarding the establishment's goods, services and policies;
• Ordered services and goods;
• Promoted goods and services
Great Place to Work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Greater Vancouver, BCAugust 5, 2013
Good work environment. Great place to work. Good benefits and a very transparent working environment. Good benefits and culture.
Pros
fkexible hours
Cons
store is burnaby, richmond and vancouver
Very interesting and challenging job.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 2, 2013
Productive and good place to work.We had to close a few locations since a electronic business on difficulty at this time.
Pros
dealing with new products on monthly basis.
Cons
electronics very tough market
Sony
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 29, 2013
Amazing environment. Strong sales and management team. Relationship building was very important in this atmosphere.
Fun, Interesting Job
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  North York, ONJune 25, 2013
Fun, interesting and demanding, I learned a lot about the industry, my bosses and co workers where cool. The busy season was fast and demanding but other then that it was easy to understand, the best part of the job was dealing with all the different type of people .
Pros
overtime
Cons
they closed
Platinum Club Member
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  TORONTO ONMarch 11, 2013
I involved in day to day operations of a flagship store in Toronto,
I have completed the MIT program from Sony. I am responsible for hiring and training new staff on regular basis. I am passionate about my approach on selling and achieving sales targets
Productive and fun workplace
Sr. Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2013
Co-operative Management adn all co-workers.
Learnes most of the Jobs scheduling i.e. Autosys SAP environment Networking site.
Pros
cafeteria, discount lunch and coffee
Cons
12 hours shift