Sony

Sony Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast-Paced, Fun, and friendly work environment
Sales Lead (Former Employee), Central Valley, NYMay 14, 2014
Pros: food cooked on weekends for the staff
Cons: n/a
A typical day at work ranges from Individual customer service providing Technical support, Selling products on the sales floor and making new friends with new people.
I learned that no matter what situation occurs, if you have an amazing team behind you, you can make anything happen.
Management was absolutely astonishing in the work they accomplish, – more... the goals they set and succeed in reaching and the atmosphere they create feels like a family.
The hardest part of the job had to be was trying to push yourself sell products when there was little to no customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with new people and making a great connection with them and making every part of their shopping experience enjoyable. – less
good management with loyal employees and managers
coordinator in trading department (Current Employee), DubaiMay 13, 2014
It was a very good opportunity for me to gain some experiences and work with this well known and big company. I got familiar with so many things in work place and i could improve my skills such as verbal communications and negotiation .
very draining job
disc handler (Current Employee), Terre Haute, INMay 10, 2014
Pros: paychecks and longer breaks
Cons: standing all night
the job can be very draining put its a paycheck hardest part of the job is standing so long but its fun and people are very friendly
very good work environment
Tax Intern (Current Employee), Culver City, CAMay 7, 2014
The environment is very healthy. People enjoy working there and they all have a good relationships. It is very flexible and no pressure as long as you know what you have to do and do it well.
productive and fun work place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee), newport walesMay 4, 2014
learned packing and distributing
It was very fun as I had to work with a such a nice people.
Fast evolving technology company, Consumer and Quality oriented
Senior Product Manager (Current Employee), Brussels, BRUMay 1, 2014
Company that gives you opportunity to grow, to learn and to challenge yourselves.
Great team spirit.
I could develop leadership skills with International Team Management, challenging Business targets.
busy TV manufacturing
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 1, 2014
Keeping the TV manufacturing line up and running. Keeping downtime low as possible.
Consultant (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 18, 2014
Good place to work.Difficult to get to. I was a contractor.Treaed with respect.
Learning Experience
Assembly Line Technician (Former Employee), Villa Rica, GAApril 18, 2014
Pros: met some great people and learned the definition of hard work
Cons: temperature on certain days
Working at Sony was great. During this time I worked on an assembly line and dealt with the packing of the PlayStation hardware and the accessories that came with it. The atmosphere was great and the people were the best. The most enjoyable part of the job was the conversations that everyone on the line would all take a part of while we were working – more... the line. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the temperature on some of those hot summer days due to us being in a warehouse. – less
My employees were great
COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Terre Haute INApril 17, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: hours
Sony supervisors are rude.
12 hour shifts are horrible
My co workers were awesome
way to sales
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), kochi,keralaApril 16, 2014
its really helping me to start my sales career in a big brand.learn more about sales from my co workers.
YOU GET A LOT OF MEETING PEOPLE
Marketing Executive - SONY Play Station Team (Current Employee), Dubai, U A EApril 12, 2014
Pros: manage your own time
Cons: time pressure
SONY is one of the Division in JUMBO Electronics . L.L.C . I belong to a PLAY STATION group in charge of all marketing branding aspects i do a lot of coordination in different retailers and power retailers. It is more challenging job and a lot of time pressures involved.
demanding but fun
Supervisor/Lead Cashier (Former Employee), Central Valley, NYApril 2, 2014
Pros: good sales incentives, people, great product, healthcare
Cons: long hours, parking, warranty companies
typical day includes helping customers with product selections, service issues, and cleaning. As a supervisor duties included employee supervision,strategic sales planing, team building, training, and event planing.
The in store management team was awesome and headquarters were very helpful and frequently worked together.
The hardest part of the job – more... was handling warranty service escalations and dealing with system errors which were common. But the most rewarding part of this job was helping people get what was perfect for them and helping theme get their items fixed; some of which valued more then $3,000. Another great part of this job is the diverse people you meet; they are form all over the world.

Unfortunately the store that I worked in has now been closed – less
Fun but it's no longer there.
Warehouse Associate - Seasonal (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 26, 2014
it doesn't really matter how i review this store, it's not there anymore anyway.
very productive
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee), Bolingbrook, ILMarch 24, 2014
Cons: short breaks
A typical work day consists of get as many packages out of the warehouse as possible. I learned different ways to work faster everyday. The manages were very precise. Co-workers are more like team workers. The hardest part was lifting boxes hat were too heavy. I enjoyed everything.
Hard work leeds to sucess
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Bikaner,RjsthanMarch 24, 2014
This job was much good and i have to do some extra work also to complete my responsibilities as this is my first job.Working late night and early starts before office-time includes in my job work.
great job
Technology Guide (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 22, 2014
have no complaints. fun job, as long as you do your job and keep out of trouble. supervisors are very fair and understanding
Excellent company
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 21, 2014
I had a great experience with Sony. Managed a great staff averaging around twenty technicians and customer service reps.
Factory Service Center repaired all Sony Branded products. Showroom sales for Sony products and accessories.
Unfortunately, Sony closed all 26 Factory repair centers in the U.S. and moved Service Operations to Mexico in 2001.
Great job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Denver, COMarch 18, 2014
Pros: electronic sales
Cons: store closing
Great chance to increase product knowledge, unfortunately retail division is closing
Great Comapny to work for!
Premium Services Expert (Former Employee), Las VegasMarch 17, 2014
Pros: great pay, bonus, commision, great benefits
Cons: store shut down.
This company treated me like family. Took care of me received quick promotion. Great pay! and great people working with the company.

About Sony

Sony is synonymous with consumer electronics. It's especially big in TVs and game consoles like PlayStation3. Officially named – Read more