Sony Employee Reviews

fast paced high volume
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 January 2014
At Sony I would open the store and complete any orders from the previous day, finish paper work as well as help any of the customers in the store. I learned various sales techniques along with a vast knowledge of digital media services. As I started as a sales associate and moved up to manager I got to see all sides of the business. Was fortunate enough to have a great support staff with me that was very helpful and ready for any challenge. The hardest part of the job was leaving as the closed the store, the most enjoyable part was working with my team and installing the products purchased by customers in there homes.
Pros
instalation of products
Cons
being closed down
Productive and fun workplace
Sr. Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2013
Co-operative Management adn all co-workers.
Learnes most of the Jobs scheduling i.e. Autosys SAP environment Networking site.
Pros
cafeteria, discount lunch and coffee
Cons
12 hours shift
Stressful and not fun but easy. That may seem to make little sense but it is not the job that is hard. It was the management and some of the staff.
Shipper/Receiver/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON7 November 2014
Was a very nice place over all but stressful. I saw management penalize employees for making mistakes but it was done in a way that would embarrass the employee.
Pros
met good friends.
Cons
shift changes every two weeks. mornings / afternoons... Half hour lunches.
Great place to work - management is very good.
Marketing Manager / Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2014
I loved working with Sony. Management and co workers are very nice. Everyone tries to help each other. Sony continuously comes out with great products which are very exciting to market.
Pros
Work culture is collaborative
Cons
Industry saturation
Good Company , Great people
Business Process Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 May 2014
• Led efforts to switch legacy reporting to SAP Business Objects XIR 3.1 as an enterprise wide deployment.
• Led cross functional teams to gather and evaluate the key phases of the process to ensure smooth transition.
• Managed service process and technical training of all Sony’s products.
• Coordinated all internal and external follow-ups to close issues in support of the project requirements
• Created Requirement, Functional and Design documents as per Business requirements.
• Worked closely with Business and IT teams to develop project requirements.
• Performed gap analysis to identify any gaps during the mapping phase.
• Developed project plans that identify key issues, approaches and performance metrics
• Overseeing project & resource planning and the implementation of Agile based execution.
• Developed Quarterly targets for Authorized Sony Service Centers.
• Monitored Authorized Sony Service Centers KPI and KRA throughout the year.
• Developed work plans and coordinated activities between work streams and identify changes in scope.
Day to day
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario12 July 2012
• Key holder: Responsible for opening and closing the store
• Managed a high-volume store (Heartland Town Centre)
• Became the "go-to" person to train both new and established employees
• Improving customer service based on client feedback
• Describe merchandise and explain use/operation, and care of products to customers
• Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain products based on customer needs
• Generated repeat business through successful client follow-ups
• Handles service, parts, and shipping and receiving
• Recognized for assuming additional responsibilities
Some really good managers and dedicated people
Production Scheduler/Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2012
Overall excellent place to work. The co workers and management were great. I learned to use ERP systems and RF inventory management and when I moved to QC had a great manager who taught me all he knew about quality assurance.
Pros
learned high tech skills and the co workers were fantastic
Cons
company closed in canada
Excited Place
Deputy General Manager (Former Employee) –  Kuwait State16 October 2015
In this section , I got very familiar with all Sony products in professional and industrial field . Also, I got many trained in this field as well as attended many conventions
Tamer Salem
Sales Representative and key holder (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 November 2013
only staff member besides upper management that was given Codes and keys to both stores (at the time). leader in the workplace, highly efficient sales person, highly capable in training and recruiting new staff.
Pros
great workplace, great staff discount
Cons
not much in the way of upward mobility and all stores are currently closed in winnipeg
Challenging yet fulfilling
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON24 April 2012
Managing staff , inventory, sales targets and dealing with corporate clients and regular customers. Participating in Local marketing events and voluntering for the childrens make a wish foundation . Most enjoyable part of my career here was growing the business and watching satisfied clients
a positive working environment at Sony
Financial Analyst / Lease Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 April 2014
My job at Sony is quite busy as I take up dual set of responsibilities as Financial Analyst & Retail Lease Administrator. A typical day starts with check and answer emails to internal & external customers first thing in the morning. Review some expense GLs, run reports, do analysis to resolve some issues either from system or from customers especially leasing related issues..
Time management is important, so always learn to make good use of time and be productive, and meet deadlines. However fun part is not ignored balanced work & fun is always encouraged so I would sometimes watch other co-workers play foosball for 15 minutes during my lunch hour.
Overall management in my group is positive and supportive to staff. The management behavior helps encourage the staff to excel in the job and stay loyal, open & accept different opinions.
The world is not perfect though, when you see deadline approaches and some hiccups in the system that some productivity hours or days lost while my job submission deadline did not get extended. Work overtime is unavoidable in this situation.
I like my job. It's interesting. My job is not just number crunching, it requires analytical skill to understand the business and the trend as historical part helps give the prediction in forecast or budget..
Great people and atmostphere
LEAD TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Lower Mainland, BC18 September 2015
Great comrodery, very fun to work with the people, always new technologies to work with and learn. Constantly learning, lots of training, fast paced, and rewarding
Pros
People
Cons
Productive and compatible with employee
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 December 2012
Start off my shift by making sure products are priced correctly according to computer database. Restocked shelves and shipment duties. In my overall work experience with Sony, the management was good, everyone worked well together and cooperated well.
Cons
short breaks
Great products, but not the best place to work
Junior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  North York, ON7 June 2014
Negative/Hostile work environment. Company suffered quite a bit in the recession, as a result there was a very tense working environment. Management was not always supportive, and found it to be a 'boys club'.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Negative attitudes, poor management
Good company to work for
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB13 October 2015
Sony is an awesome company to work for. If the store hadn't closed its doors I would still be there. Sony treated us very well.
SONY DADC IS DOWNSIZING
DISTRIBUTION CREDIT PROCESSING (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 March 2012
SONY DADC IS CURRENTLY REORGANIZING ITSELF AND LOTS OF CHANGES ARE TAKING PLACE... MORE TOWARDS DOLLAR VALUE. LOTS OF EMPLOYEES ARE BEING LAID OFF.
Pros
this company is going to last...since it is sony.
Cons
no job security
I loved the old staff of Sony im sad they had to let so many good people go.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 January 2014
Its a very long story I loved working for Sony Canada The training the staff all great. But i left very Disappointed in the way things ended very sort of secret hand shaking type of way.
Pros
Amazing new PK all the time. Lots of different culture.
Cons
Shady transfers. Too many good people getting layed off.
Very friendly environment
General Operator in the CD/DVD (Former Employee) –  Toronto1 June 2012
Sony is the one best organization. Company has gave me lots off opportunity to develop my personal and professional skills. This company has equal employment environment and very flexible working conditions. Company always treated as second family.
Very fast paced company
Christmas Sales (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 September 2015
A very competetive, fast paced working environment. Most employees were very supportive in a team oriented environment.
A great place to work
Technical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2014
At Sony, it allows you to be creative. Gives you all the tools you need to succeed.
Pros
An environment where internal advancement is promoted