Sony Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
a positive working environment at Sony
Financial Analyst / Lease Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 9, 2014
My job at Sony is quite busy as I take up dual set of responsibilities as Financial Analyst & Retail Lease Administrator. A typical day starts with check and answer emails to internal & external customers first thing in the morning. Review some expense GLs, run reports, do analysis to resolve some issues either from system or from customers especially leasing related issues..
Time management is important, so always learn to make good use of time and be productive, and meet deadlines. However fun part is not ignored balanced work & fun is always encouraged so I would sometimes watch other co-workers play foosball for 15 minutes during my lunch hour.
Overall management in my group is positive and supportive to staff. The management behavior helps encourage the staff to excel in the job and stay loyal, open & accept different opinions.
The world is not perfect though, when you see deadline approaches and some hiccups in the system that some productivity hours or days lost while my job submission deadline did not get extended. Work overtime is unavoidable in this situation.
I like my job. It's interesting. My job is not just number crunching, it requires analytical skill to understand the business and the trend as historical part helps give the prediction in forecast or budget..
Personable work with retail experience
Playstation Field Representative (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 19, 2014
Travelling to retail stores ensuring that the Playstation brand is represented with marketing materials appropriately and properly. Training staff on the latest and greatest features, products and games.
Creating marketing displays with display boxes, clings and such for windows, retail space in stores, etc.
Working with management within retail stores to place promotions and marketing materials to showcase the brand.
Flexible hours
excellent training
Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: training
Cons: low wages
good place to work , many courses provided to inprove technical level
Fun to work
Asst. Store Manager (Current Employee), Calgary AlbertaFebruary 17, 2014
Always excited to come to work. Company recognizes your ability and consider you as part of the family.
I loved the old staff of Sony im sad they had to let so many good people go.
Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: amazing new pk all the time. lots of different culture.
Cons: shady transfers. too many good people getting layed off.
Its a very long story I loved working for Sony Canada The training the staff all great. But i left very Disappointed in the way things ended very sort of secret hand shaking type of way.
fast paced high volume
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: instalation of products
Cons: being closed down
At Sony I would open the store and complete any orders from the previous day, finish paper work as well as help any of the customers in the store. I learned various sales techniques along with a vast knowledge of digital media services. As I started as a sales associate and moved up to manager I got to see all sides of the business. Was fortunate enough to have a great support staff with me that was very helpful and ready for any challenge. The hardest part of the job was leaving as the closed the store, the most enjoyable part was working with my team and installing the products purchased by customers in there homes.
Learning about different products
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), North YorkJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: great cafeteria
Cons: management
-Troubleshooting different Sony products
-Friendly environment
-Different end users
it was a very good learning company
Sales Representative / Acting Manager (Former Employee), montreal,quebecNovember 16, 2013
Pros: lot 's of activity
Cons: hours were fair
excellent company to work for but were cutting position very well organized and discipline
Tamer Salem
Sales Representative and key holder (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 11, 2013
Pros: great workplace, great staff discount
Cons: not much in the way of upward mobility and all stores are currently closed in winnipeg
only staff member besides upper management that was given Codes and keys to both stores (at the time). leader in the workplace, highly efficient sales person, highly capable in training and recruiting new staff.
Company's concern is sales
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 8, 2013
Comapny's concern is always the bottom line. That is why no one stays for a long time.
Promoted goods and services;
Bi-lingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), whitbyOctober 10, 2013
• Answered, in person or on the phone, enquiries from customers;
• Investigated complaints regarding the establishment's goods, services and policies;
• Ordered services and goods;
• Promoted goods and services
Great Place to Work
Store Manager (Former Employee), Greater Vancouver, BCAugust 5, 2013
Pros: fkexible hours
Cons: store is burnaby, richmond and vancouver
Good work environment. Great place to work. Good benefits and a very transparent working environment. Good benefits and culture.
Very interesting and challenging job.
Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 2, 2013
Pros: dealing with new products on monthly basis.
Cons: electronics very tough market
Productive and good place to work.We had to close a few locations since a electronic business on difficulty at this time.
Sony
Store Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 29, 2013
Amazing environment. Strong sales and management team. Relationship building was very important in this atmosphere.
Fun, Interesting Job
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), North York, ONJune 25, 2013
Pros: overtime
Cons: they closed
Fun, interesting and demanding, I learned a lot about the industry, my bosses and co workers where cool. The busy season was fast and demanding but other then that it was easy to understand, the best part of the job was dealing with all the different type of people .
Platinum Club Member
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), TORONTO ONMarch 11, 2013
I involved in day to day operations of a flagship store in Toronto,
I have completed the MIT program from Sony. I am responsible for hiring and training new staff on regular basis. I am passionate about my approach on selling and achieving sales targets
Productive and fun workplace
Sr. Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2013
Pros: cafeteria, discount lunch and coffee
Cons: 12 hours shift
Co-operative Management adn all co-workers.
Learnes most of the Jobs scheduling i.e. Autosys SAP environment Networking site.
Great Enviroment
Field Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: fun, great people
Cons: hard to move up
Great company to work for they really appreciate their employees. Everyone is super friendly and they have some excellent products. Great entery level position for people who just entered the workforce.
productive, fun , warm working place
Sous Chef (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: free meals, no work on weekend
Cons: since i am the only income provider for the family, i need to have 2nd job
I started my day at 6:30am, preparing breakfast, lunch on timely manner. Always make sure my customers are happy. After lunch hour, I need to update inventory list and order items on low quantity.
Cleaning workplace at the end.

Though it's a routine job, but I enjoy working with my boss and co-workers, because it's such a warm and pleasant work environment. It motives me to learn more every day. Such as promotional skill/selling skill, communication skill and team work ability. It all make me feel enjoyable for this job.
Fun, interactive, innovative workplace
Sr. Coordinator, Service and Engineering Division (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: abiltiy to learn a lot of different programs.
Cons: long hours
Provided admin support to the Operations Manager. Assisted with coordinating the yearly service conference. Prepared PowerPoint presentations, took minutes and collected supporting documentation. Managed and updated service center database in Access and Filemaker. Provided reports for Technical Field Repos for training, insurance and contracl renewals for 200 service centres nationally. Created, distributed and analyzed data for customer surveys. Created and maintained the diviional intranet web sige in Front Page. Prepared month end reporting using SAP, Excel and Crystal.
Headquarters