Sony Employee Reviews

Tamer Salem
Sales Representative and key holder (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 November 2013
only staff member besides upper management that was given Codes and keys to both stores (at the time). leader in the workplace, highly efficient sales person, highly capable in training and recruiting new staff.
Pros
great workplace, great staff discount
Cons
not much in the way of upward mobility and all stores are currently closed in winnipeg
Almost perfect
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC1 November 2012
great enviroment to work, lots of work to keep you going though out the day, friendly co-workers and management.

someone willing to help you if you can't finish it before the shift or timeframe.

only downside is keeping the job they usually hire for seasonal and keep only one person for the future if needed.
Pros
salary, enviroment
Cons
shift rotations, seasonal
Colleagues are easy to go along with. Managers are supportive
SALES CONSULTANT/SUPERVISOR - Sony of Canada (Former Employee) –  Grandview Corners4 June 2014
It is not your usual mall sales environment. Selling is made fun because of interaction with customers especially for tech-savvy people. The hardest part of the job is only when there are a lot of customers and there are only too few sales consultants to entertain them.
very nice place to work,friendly people
Technician III (Former Employee) –  toronto,ont21 April 2015
lots of different products to repair
working in service team was mostly pleasure
good caring managment
most enjoy playing soccer with sony team
take part in national service contest
Pros
learning new products
Cons
losts of pressure to finish jab on time
I loved the old staff of Sony im sad they had to let so many good people go.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 January 2014
Its a very long story I loved working for Sony Canada The training the staff all great. But i left very Disappointed in the way things ended very sort of secret hand shaking type of way.
Pros
Amazing new PK all the time. Lots of different culture.
Cons
Shady transfers. Too many good people getting layed off.
Yearly downsizing is a concern - Strong brand name
Supply Chain Group (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2015
you can learn a lot and great working staff
management needs improvement to keep this company going
hardest part of the job is keep taking on additional work not related to your position without the increase in salary to compensate for it
Years at Sony
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto5 March 2015
Sony as Brand is very well respected and strong. But unfortunately as per market competition the company couldn't sustain the decade old market share and brand image. Proud to work for Sony for 7 years but feel very helpless and sad looking at current market share of Sony TV business.
Seek to contribute expertise in Supply Chain and Manufacturing group through the position of Production and Quality Control Technician
General Operator in the CD/DVD (Former Employee) –  North York, Toronto.10 July 2012
With many years experience in Manufacturing and Process industry I have expertise in Quality Control, Production control, Scheduling and acting team leader. I have very good knowledge GMP and data collection and analyze data and samples in various industries. In my past work experience, I have been able to effectively schedule work with co-workers and handle a variety of tasks simultaneously in a fast paced diverse setting.

I am well aware of the valuable role effective customer service serve in an organization’s success and am dedicated to maintaining a high level of this valuable commodity in all areas of my job. This pattern in my work ethic has won me the merit award winner employees for productivity and job knowledge.
Challenging yet fulfilling
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON24 April 2012
Managing staff , inventory, sales targets and dealing with corporate clients and regular customers. Participating in Local marketing events and voluntering for the childrens make a wish foundation . Most enjoyable part of my career here was growing the business and watching satisfied clients
Good company to work for
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB13 October 2015
Sony is an awesome company to work for. If the store hadn't closed its doors I would still be there. Sony treated us very well.
Productive and compatible with employee
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 December 2012
Start off my shift by making sure products are priced correctly according to computer database. Restocked shelves and shipment duties. In my overall work experience with Sony, the management was good, everyone worked well together and cooperated well.
Cons
short breaks
Great products, but not the best place to work
Junior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  North York, ON7 June 2014
Negative/Hostile work environment. Company suffered quite a bit in the recession, as a result there was a very tense working environment. Management was not always supportive, and found it to be a 'boys club'.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Negative attitudes, poor management
Fun, Interesting Job
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  North York, ON25 June 2013
Fun, interesting and demanding, I learned a lot about the industry, my bosses and co workers where cool. The busy season was fast and demanding but other then that it was easy to understand, the best part of the job was dealing with all the different type of people .
Pros
overtime
Cons
they closed
Great place to work - management is very good.
Marketing Manager / Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2014
I loved working with Sony. Management and co workers are very nice. Everyone tries to help each other. Sony continuously comes out with great products which are very exciting to market.
Pros
Work culture is collaborative
Cons
Industry saturation
Very friendly environment
General Operator in the CD/DVD (Former Employee) –  Toronto1 June 2012
Sony is the one best organization. Company has gave me lots off opportunity to develop my personal and professional skills. This company has equal employment environment and very flexible working conditions. Company always treated as second family.
Good place to start
Field Marketing (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 June 2015
This role is ideal for people looking to their start career and learn new skills. Good company and great people to work with however compensation is below par and growth is minimal.
Very fast paced company
Christmas Sales (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 September 2015
A very competetive, fast paced working environment. Most employees were very supportive in a team oriented environment.
Platinum Club Member
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  TORONTO ON11 March 2013
I involved in day to day operations of a flagship store in Toronto,
I have completed the MIT program from Sony. I am responsible for hiring and training new staff on regular basis. I am passionate about my approach on selling and achieving sales targets
Productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 October 2012
Hardest part of the job was the physical aspect. i.e. standing.

I learned various customer related skills, polished my interpersonal skills.

My managers were very approachable and well organized.

my co-workers were above average.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
sales rivalry
Promoted goods and services;
Bi-lingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  whitby10 October 2013
• Answered, in person or on the phone, enquiries from customers;
• Investigated complaints regarding the establishment's goods, services and policies;
• Ordered services and goods;